✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Is there another Coldplay Christmas song besides Christmas Lights? I swear I heard Chris’s voice on a song on a Christmas channel broadcast in the Dr office yesterday. Something about missing her she’s 1000 miles away. Beautiful song. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Miles, a cover by Coldplay ! You can find it on Youtube :)

• Like 2

I saw something similar somewhere on the net, thought it was fun, and thought it would provide discussion.

Basically, spend $20 or less from any column and design the LP8 era.

Have fun

Definitely Eno influence (would love experimental/riskier Coldplay again), and featuring an artist of my choice.

I would love to have a Coldplay song ft. John Mayer. I always thought his playing style suits the emotion of Coldplay very well (also the fact he's one of the greatest guitarists of all time).

Also, how about a Coldplay song feat. Radiohead to make everyone lose their minds. Although it would probably be more like Radiohead ft. Chris Martin or something. It obviously would never happen, and I don't even know anything about Thom's relationship with Chris. But it's fun to dream.

I know John Mayer is a fan though (has done covers, and worked with Michael Brauer).

• Like 1

So today I was watching in interview from 2016 when Coldplay was in Ohio. It was a pretty good interview in terms of being about music and not Beyonce and Gwyneth. Interviewer asked if there's something more they'd like to achieve. Chris responded saying that he feels they still have not written an amazing song (I would beg to differ on many accounts, but that's not the point). I feel like I've heard him say something similar before, as well.

It could just be his usual English humility, but between this and his statement at the end of the last AHFOD show that Coldplay from here on out "will only be full of surprises", I am optimistic that the band still has hunger and something to prove. They want to make something even better. Not that the last 2 LPs were terrible, but it's been a drop-off and downwards trajectory since Mylo, despite a couple of gem songs.

Here's the interview, for those interested. (around 4:40 he says they haven't written an amazing song) It's nothing special, but I don't know why I hadn't seen it yet.

• Like 2

So today I was watching in interview from 2016 when Coldplay was in Ohio. It was a pretty good interview in terms of being about music and not Beyonce and Gwyneth. Interviewer asked if there's something more they'd like to achieve. Chris responded saying that he feels they still have not written an amazing song (I would beg to differ on many accounts, but that's not the point). I feel like I've heard him say something similar before, as well.

It could just be his usual English humility, but between this and his statement at the end of the last AHFOD show that Coldplay from here on out "will only be full of surprises", I am optimistic that the band still has hunger and something to prove. They want to make something even better. Not that the last 2 LPs were terrible, but it's been a drop-off and downwards trajectory since Mylo, despite a couple of gem songs.

Here's the interview, for those interested. (around 4:40 he says they haven't written an amazing song) It's nothing special, but I don't know why I hadn't seen it yet.

That was a great interview. Thanks for sharing.

Featuring any artist- Thom Yorke

(They can't make a lazy track around him- and if they want a song with him to fit on any album the rest of the songs should follow up in quality)

Poor man's Coldplay with real Coldplay:eek:

I can't see how this could work out

Hahahaha

Saw this announcement:

[MEDIA=twitter]938534754168827905[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/Moqhris/status/938534754168827905

And on the twitter account of the event (which Sting is also supporting):

[MEDIA=twitter]938583678208434176[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ShaggynFriends/status/938583678208434176

Edit: there seems to be an artist called "Christopher Martin" in Jamaica.

So I guess this is false alarm. [emoji16]

After not watching it for ages, I've just watched Ghost Stories Live DVD , and... good grief ! I'd forgotten how sad it all was. Chris looked totally shattered and was still wearing his wedding ring. Those songs just tear me apart. :sob:

Always remember - bad times pass, and things turn out OK in the end. :sun:

• Like 4

After not watching it for ages, I've just watched Ghost Stories Live DVD , and... good grief ! I'd forgotten how sad it all was. Chris looked totally shattered and was still wearing his wedding ring. Those songs just tear me apart. :sob:

Always remember - bad times pass, and things turn out OK in the end. :sun:

Thanks. I needed to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am adamantly against AHFOD and very much an Oldplay fan, but Birds has emerged as not only the best song on the album by a mile, but one of my favorite Coldplay songs ever.

If it was produced a bit differently (not by Stargate), with more distortion on Jonny's part towards the end like when they play live, it would even by 10X better. The live version is spectacular.

• Like 1

Which song should I recommend to a friend of mine, who never really started listening to Coldplay?

I assume he knows the most famous ones like Clocks, Paradise and Viva La Vida.

What type of music does he usually like? Coldplay has such a range now you could almost get him started with similar music to what he likes. If he likes more indie I'd recommend b-sides.

But The Scientist does have very wide appeal usually across genres.

• Like 3