🚀COLDPLAY PREMIERE THEIR NEW SINGLE 'HIGHER POWER' FROM SPACE✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

Very random, but seems fitting with the theme - Anyone else think that the start of Rainy Day sounds like something from Super Mario? [emoji23]

It always reminded me of a Sims theme song haha

• Replies 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say, after 5 years of being part of the Coldplay fandom, first on Coldplaying, now on Coldplaying, Twitter and other platforms, a wonderful thing happened today: Coldplay followed me

On this day exactly 5 years ago, a young and innocent person who was just getting really into Coldplay wanted to sign up on a forum called Coldplaying. Faced with the question of what to pick as a use

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I woul

Posted Images

I had a dream the other night in which I was invited to Gwyneth Paltrow's wedding reception. I had to leave right after school, though, and I didn't have time to change clothes. But that morning, I forgot I was going to her wedding reception, and I put on my Coldplay shirt. Once I got to school, I remembered the wedding, and I was like "No I can't wear a Coldplay shirt to Gwyneth's wedding reception; that's so petty!" So I had to put on a hoodie, and I was way underdressed when I got to the reception.

• Like 3
Weren't there 42 songs from the X&Y era that they threw out?

No.

It's from 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' that 42 is the answer for ultimate question of life, universe and everything

This's the reason they called this song 42

I was in the car with my friend earlier and we decided to listen to a random college radio station and they were playing Life in Technicolor ii! It was so weird especially since I've been really into that song recently

• Like 1

I usually try to throw at least one Coldplay reference into every paper I write. I put a big reference in this paper haha!

50a4a80d56854d0cc7135072f8efef8f.jpg

And I also used the words "such a rush" in this essay!

• Like 7

Had this amazing vision the other day. Imagine it's the very last show of the tour in Argentina, Up&Up just finished and the band takes their final bows. But then, Chris heads back to his piano and the rest of the band take their spots. The crowd quiets down, and suddenly they play this:

And there's a huge fireworks show when the song picks up. I think it would be an awesome and emotional way to end the era, especially with Chris singing "In the end there's only us, oh my friend there's only love". It kind of "completes the circle" and sums up the whole journey of the band from Parachutes to now. Just a crazy vision I had, but it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

• Like 4

^That would be cool! But it won't be the case for sure[emoji20]. I love that Guy seems unexpectedly excited in 02:12 [emoji2]

EDIT: You changed the video from Glasto 2011 to LIVE 2003 so the Guy part doesn't make sense

Had this amazing vision the other day. Imagine it's the very last show of the tour in Argentina, Up&Up just finished and the band takes their final bows. But then, Chris heads back to his piano and the rest of the band take their spots. The crowd quiets down, and suddenly they play this:

And there's a huge fireworks show when the song picks up. I think it would be an awesome and emotional way to end the era, especially with Chris singing "In the end there's only us, oh my friend there's only love". It kind of "completes the circle" and sums up the whole journey of the band from Parachutes to now. Just a crazy vision I had, but it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

I wish that they playing this again, and everything's not lost too

• Like 2

Jazz [emoji654] We Never Change

EDM [emoji654] A Sky Full Of Stars

Pop [emoji654] Princess Of China

RnB [emoji654] Hymn For The Weekend

Rock [emoji654] God Put A Smile

Art Rock [emoji654] Viva La Vida

Hip Hop [emoji654] Lost+

Rap [emoji654] Miracles (Someone Special)

Ambient [emoji654] Midnight

Alternative Rock [emoji654] A L I E N S

Funk [emoji654] Adventure Of A Lifetime

Trap [emoji654] X Marks The Spot

Indie [emoji654] Brothers And Sisters

Country [emoji654] Death Will Never Conquer

Brit Pop [emoji654] In My Place

Classical [emoji654] Postcards From Far Away

Ballad [emoji654] Hardest Part

• Like 4
Can we talk about the elephant in the room:

This forum has been more dead than alive over the last few weeks. WHERE IS EVERYONE ?

yeah, better get used to this, as another Coldplay offseason is just around the corner. What else do we have to look forward to before the end of the LP7 era?

-final leg of the tour starts in Brazil on Nov 7

-SA leg ends on the 15th of Nov in Argentina

-AHFOD Tour DVD/CD

-maybe a Christmas surprise of some sort?

-maybe Life is Beautiful studio version?

Past that, the next time the forum is alive again is for LP8. As soon as the last gig is up, someone is gonna post the LP8 thread and we'll all be livin' in it. I look forward to the LP8 facts thread after the LP7 one went so well for me last time.

• Like 3
yeah, better get used to this, as another Coldplay offseason is just around the corner. What else do we have to look forward to before the end of the LP7 era?

-final leg of the tour starts in Brazil on Nov 7

-SA leg ends on the 15th of Nov in Argentina

-AHFOD Tour DVD/CD

-maybe a Christmas surprise of some sort?

-maybe Life is Beautiful studio version?

Past that, the next time the forum is alive again is for LP8. As soon as the last gig is up, someone is gonna post the LP8 thread and we'll all be livin' in it. I look forward to the LP8 facts thread after the LP7 one went so well for me last time.

Yes but I somewhat remember that the period leading up to LP7 was full of elimination games and riddles and all that stuff. Granted, there was already a LP7 thread for speculations, so maybe it's a little bit too early for this kind of activity. Hopefully soon.

ah, i wasn't too much into the games....

yeah, im sure we all have other hobbies to occupy our time besides Coldplay. I look forward to spending more time with that while we wait