✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Oh, for sure we're not inside his head or anything. And like I said I don't usually discuss these personal things, even less so if they have nothing to do with Coldplay and the music. It's just...as someone who is in all other respects such a down-to-earth human being, and not some aloof celebrity who has lost touch with 'normal' life (like there seem to be plenty) and clearly someone who has quite a lot of emotional depth, which is what I meant to say when I referred to the albums he wrote as an example, his string of high-profile actresses surprises me.

Yeah me too, but from ghost stories at least his divorce seemed to hit him pretty hard, like you'd expect. So yeah you'd hope mentally he's doing a lot better now than he was.

I don't know if this is the message of "Swallowed by the Sea" but I saw it as a significant other wanting me to go along with that person instead of being a conformist, lol. :) I used to sing this song all of the time out in public with people giving me weird looks, lol. :)

I always get the chills when listening to U2's song Iris (Hold Me Close) and hearing Chris's ambient noises intro and all over the refrain. There's something very distinct in Chris's voice, I guess that's one of the reasons I fell in love with Coldplay in the first place:)

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJblxS6ij0

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJblxS6ij0

Β 

Β 

I think that performance always comes to mind if I were to fully mould Coldplay into the band I want them to be in terms of music, emotion, instrumentation, stage presence, etc.

Β 

-It's Coldplay performing what I believe is their best song, hands down.

-Their best song made even better with the extra orchestral pieces.

-Their 'costumes' for that era were my favourite. Not cartoony like recently, more darks, more 'normal' and sophisticated

-To top it off, you see Chris in his original, natural habitat and i'm really glad the camera work showed this off: during the bridge/post bridge of the song you see him completely lose his shit, the camera spins around and you see the crowd kinda calm and just there, but Chris is still just losing himself in the music not caring that on mute, he looks a bit silly humping the piano the such. It's what I (wanted) to be like whenever I listen to Coldplay or tell someone I listen to Coldplay. To say, I don't care, I love this band/music and I don't care if you don't.

• Like 5

Β 

Β 

I think that performance always comes to mind if I were to fully mould Coldplay into the band I want them to be in terms of music, emotion, instrumentation, stage presence, etc.

Β 

-Their 'costumes' for that era were my favourite. Not cartoony like recently, more darks, more 'normal' and sophisticated

-To top it off, you see Chris in his original, natural habitat and i'm really glad the camera work showed this off: during the bridge/post bridge of the song you see him completely lose his shit, the camera spins around and you see the crowd kinda calm and just there, but Chris is still just losing himself in the music not caring that on mute, he looks a bit silly humping the piano the such. It's what I (wanted) to be like whenever I listen to Coldplay or tell someone I listen to Coldplay. To say, I don't care, I love this band/music and I don't care if you don't.

Β 

I think Politik is deeply emotional. When it gets to, 'Give me love over this', it is hard not to be moved. Probably their most dramatic song as well.

I used to bulk deliver newspapers in Sherborne, where Chris went to school in the 90s. I used to see the students from time to time. Little did I think one of them would be writing Politik a few years later.

• Like 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

The quality on apple music is actually much better because its the original video that wasn’t ripped from a television broadcast recording.

Β 

Β 

Its actually a shame that *that’s* considered β€œHD”.

Β 

Β 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quality on apple music is actually much better because its the original video that wasn’t ripped from a television broadcast recording.

Its actually a shame that *that’s* considered β€œHD”.

Oh, I thought Apple Music only had the audio, not video as well. That's cool. So hopefully someone can upload it from AM to Youtube then.

Β 

To be fair, that original uploader never said HD, they said high quality. I remember googling this years ago and this is and was the highest quality one available. HD technically starts at 720, but this is 480 max. Not sure if QHD (1440) and above was really a thing back in 2012 when this was uploaded.

Ok so I found my self all day listening to noel new album, and I think the album is great

but in the first song there's a line that got my attention: you gotta yourself together

and it's reminds me Up&Up

possible he affected from Up&Up?

I think that yes

• Like 1

So... I haven't been much active here the previous months and have a lot of reading to do so I might have missed some info...

Β 

But, wasn't the Live Video supposed to be released in November?

Β 

Who said that again, Chris? [emoji16]

• Like 2

did you check Coldplay store recently?

there's a sale of a lot off Merchandise!!!

I bought some things!

and they've been made a come back to Merchandise from MX and Ghost stories era!

Β 

Oh wow I'll check it out now, but might be different in the Australian store :P

• Like 1