✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Mac DeMarco also said in an interview that Coldplay are his guilty pleasure and sometimes he enjoys listening to AROBTTH while driving.

I was astonished and instantly send the video to a friend of mine who loves Mac DeMarco and hates Coldplay. His reaction was priceless.

Yeah he covered Yellow

it is, if you find some that touches you. 7 month after the concert i still feel this positivity and excitement i experienced at the coldplay concert, how we ended up doing the mexican wave for more than half an hour between the warm up and the actual concert ... can't say the same about guns'n'roses, metallica, kings of leon, aerosmith, elton john or the red hot chilli peppers, to name just a few concerts in the last years ...

That happened to me too! I'm still feeling it 6 months later, although I will admit it's starting to fade a little given the hiatus...and it just started! It's going to be a long wait!

That happened to me too! I'm still feeling it 6 months later, although I will admit it's starting to fade a little given the hiatus...and it just started! It's going to be a long wait!

got the whole concert as an mp3, which helps a lot to make it last a bit longer

• Like 1

Can anyone - maybe someone from the UK ? - rip the audio from this Jo Whiley track (Coldplay Don't Panic acoustic live 2000) ?

The track is only available for listening for 7 more days, and then it'll be gone. And I don't think this recording is available anywhere !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05v8wh1

I managed to rip it but the file is a bit corrupt: around the 1:52 mark until 2:10 or so it goes a bit bananas. It happens when I stream the track on the iPlayer itself and it's the same in the file I downoaded, so it seems to be the original file that's causing it and not the player. Does it play fine for you?

btw I'm not in the UK but it's not geoblocked for me

I managed to rip it but the file is a bit corrupt: around the 1:52 mark until 2:10 or so it goes a bit bananas. It happens when I stream the track on the iPlayer itself and it's the same in the file I downoaded, so it seems to be the original file that's causing it and not the player. Does it play fine for you?

btw I'm not in the UK but it's not geoblocked for me

Thanks ! It is indeed not geoblocked, somehow I thought it was.

You're right that the original file already has that problem, I didn't notice cause I never listened to the short track in its entirety, only within the context of the entire show a few weeks ago. If you've figured out how to rip audio,can you perhaps download the entire show ? It's here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09lstgf I just re-listened and here the track doesn't skip ! I could cut out the Coldplay track later in Audacity.

Thanks ! It is indeed not geoblocked, somehow I thought it was.

You're right that the original file already has that problem, I didn't notice cause I never listened to the short track in its entirety, only within the context of the entire show a few weeks ago. If you've figured out how to rip audio,can you perhaps download the entire show ? It's here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09lstgf I just re-listened and here the track doesn't skip ! I could cut out the Coldplay track later in Audacity.

Alright I'll drop you a PM!

• Like 1

Chris said in the Zane Lowe interview that the band worked with Madeon during Ghost Stories, he did a bit on Always In My Head and O.

But Chris also said he worked on a song with them that was too upbeat for GS.

Do we know anything about this song? Was it on AHFOD? Or is it still locked away?

Chris said in the Zane Lowe interview that the band worked with Madeon during Ghost Stories, he did a bit on Always In My Head and O.

But Chris also said he worked on a song with them that was too upbeat for GS.

Do we know anything about this song? Was it on AHFOD? Or is it still locked away?

I've heard about that too but seems the song hasn't resurfaced (yet). I can't recall Madeon ever being mentioned or credited in the context of AHFOD.

Where did you hear that ?
On songfacts

"On the second album I was thinking there was something missing. I was in this really dark room in Liverpool, and there was a piano so old and out of tune. I really wanted to try and work out the George Harrison song 'Isn't It A Pity,' but I couldn't. Then this song came out at once. I said, 'Can you turn on the recorder?' The first time I sung it is what's out there."

But chris bullshits so much (he admited that he sometimes comes up with stories to tell the interviewers)

On songfacts

"On the second album I was thinking there was something missing. I was in this really dark room in Liverpool, and there was a piano so old and out of tune. I really wanted to try and work out the George Harrison song 'Isn't It A Pity,' but I couldn't. Then this song came out at once. I said, 'Can you turn on the recorder?' The first time I sung it is what's out there."

But chris bullshits so much (he admited that he sometimes comes up with stories to tell the interviewers)

I had forgotten about that. It's hard to believe, yeah, but at least here Jonny corroborates that version (listen from 1:13 onwards):

• Like 1

She didn't know Chris? One of my friends likes Sparks and X&Y but she didn't know Chris either

Sorry, I thought I had replied. Like I said she is really bad with names, so she couldn't remember Chris' name, but when she thinks of Coldplay she mostly thinks of Chris (like most people who aren't Coldplayers)... The last few days I got her addicted to them though :joy:. I was at her house and we were listening to Coldplay from my phone all day ( I also kept giving her fun facts about each song :p ) and then she had a long trip and said she kept listening to Coldplay for the whole trip and she also started watching some interviews!

• Like 1

AE355D56-0E1A-44A3-83E0-A785A2B0CDC8.thumb.jpeg.ea868c7f58a6a5f457f8ed32248286c6.jpeg

On songfacts

that's from the biography, so if it is bullshit, the at least use the same story every time

• Like 2

Sorry, I thought I had replied. Like I said she is really bad with names, so she couldn't remember Chris' name, but when she thinks of Coldplay she mostly thinks of Chris (like most people who aren't Coldplayers)... The last few days I got her addicted to them though :joy:. I was at her house and we were listening to Coldplay from my phone all day ( I also kept giving her fun facts about each song :p ) and then she had a long trip and said she kept listening to Coldplay for the whole trip and she also started watching some interviews!

Wow that's great! I wish I could get more people into Coldplay haha

• Like 1