🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Random Coldplay thoughts...

• Replies 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say, after 5 years of being part of the Coldplay fandom, first on Coldplaying, now on Coldplaying, Twitter and other platforms, a wonderful thing happened today: Coldplay followed me

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I woul

On this day exactly 5 years ago, a young and innocent person who was just getting really into Coldplay wanted to sign up on a forum called Coldplaying. Faced with the question of what to pick as a use

Posted Images

Seriously, why even bother with the request thing? They've been playing IMP/Don't Panic and either UATW/TKC for months now. Althought they did play Trouble a couple of times iirc.

• Like 2
yep, that didn't last long..

x

Well thats what he thought before they did a duet. But now Liam thinks they sound "fucking great"

Still though, I wont deny the obvious. I hate to say it, but Liam is similar to Donald Trump and people feed off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Well thats what he thought before they did a duet. But now Liam thinks they sound "fucking great"

Still though, I wont deny the obvious. I hate to say it, but Liam is similar to Donald Trump and people feed off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually this quote is about performing the duet at the Manchester show.

I once heard this interview talking about it, here is a transcript:

http://www.2-4-7-music.com/newsitems/aug02/coldplay.asp

Thanks for this - interesting !

Also, it was great to learn that IN MY PLACE was 'born' in Liverpool , MY place - my home.

IN MY PLACE

Chris: ‘In my Place' is the oldest pivotal song. Just when we were finishing our last record, ‘Parachutes', we were in Liverpool in this little room that had been great on the last record and the record was basically finished so we were all packing up and ready to go. And the album was coming out in about a week. It was a really fine- timing thing, and I was just sat at this organ that my friend lent me, this pump organ, that you have to sit and pedal like that, you know, that was really designed for sea- shanties and drunken sailors but I wasn't either so I was thinking, let's try a sea-shanty, I don't know if I have to do the actions, but these chords just came out and it was at a time when it was just a bit too late on the last record we suddenly discovered things like Jimmy Cliff and all that and even ‘Whiter Shade of Pale'. I'm not saying it's as good as that, I'm saying it's better, no, I'm not, and so that tune we've had pretty much since the end of the last record. But we knew we really liked it and so it's been the lynchpin of this record. Around which everything else has been written.

• Like 3
Anyone like Ode to Deodorant? Chris says 'It's shit' but I think it's pretty good.

Let's put it like that, even though the lyrics are ridiculous and it sounds very unrefined in general it already showcases some of the classic strengths of Coldplay imho - emotional crooning, a neat arrangement (closer to the ending at least)... :)

• Like 1
but they did during MX era :heart_eyes:

and i remember Chris once said that they couldn't play Green Eyes because it was about "the wrong person" but look at where we are now :p

oh wow really? I guess these songs are evolving as time goes, both in meaning to the band and I guess in general.

Has anyone read 1984? After reading it, I thought that it could have possibly connected to Violet Hill. I saw this through the lyrics:

It was a long and dark December

From the rooftops I remember

There was snow, white snow

Clearly I remember

From the windows they were watching

While we froze down below

And especially the line : "If you love me, won't you let me know?"

Anyone else see the connection?

• Like 1
Has anyone read 1984? After reading it, I thought that it could have possibly connected to Violet Hill. I saw this through the lyrics:

Clearly I remember

could you maybe explain the connection you're seeing to those of us who haven't read 1984? :P

• Like 2

Clearly I remember

Spoiler alert* (just skip this post I'm unable to put it in the spoiler box)

I know Winston and Julia had a very loose love of some sort that was tied to Julia's rebellion and Winston physically trying to feel less old or something like that. They were under a LOT of pressure. And things did turn cold by the end imo.

that's a lot cheaper than i thought it would be :eek:

but sadly my phone is only the S5 :weary_face:

It's on sale on Amazon....normally $100 haha. But I can't really justify this purchase...

hold on, i thought i read that it doesnt have to be a samsung and it doesnt have to be their VR headset. I have my own phone and my own VR. wont that work?

edit: damn

http://coldplay.com/watch-the-august-17-chicago-show-live-in-vr/

Q: What devices and equipment are needed to watch the VR livestream of Coldplay?

A: Consumers will need a Gear VR with a compatible Samsung smartphone, plus an internet connection. It may also be preferred to wear headphones, but that is up to the user. Once in Gear VR, navigate to the Samsung VR app within the Oculus Store, which is where the livestream will live. The Samsung VR service is available at no additional cost to the customers.