✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

:heart_eyes: Can't wait for the full video to turn up ! One of the better Chris collaborations. Funny, only a few days ago I thought about the song again and listened to it, it is really nice.

[MEDIA=twitter]928791476854820869[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/elizaschuyiler/status/928791476854820869

[MEDIA=twitter]928787700303441920[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/MundoColdplay/status/928787700303441920

Also: Chris not only stops his own band's songs halfway through, but also other artists' songs :joy:

[MEDIA=twitter]928787757220147200[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/dua_latino/status/928787757220147200

• Like 2

Anyone feel like this is really final? Not like they'll never do anything else but somehow I feel like they're really starting to slow down. I feel like after these last two concerts they're going to maybe make an EP, play a few concerts here and there but I'm not so sure about releasing a whole album. And if they do, will they really do another huge two-year tour? I feel like if they do it won't be for a long time. Didn't Will even say that? But I'm not even sure why, just that they haven't really said they're working on anything else and Chris said all that stuff about how this era is the end of something. And he said he didn't want to play past 33 and now they're like 40. AHFOD had such a feeling of dreams coming true that I can believe it, but since I haven't been a fan very long and seen what it was like at the end of other eras I could be totally wrong. I really hope I'm wrong...I always wish I got into Coldplay earlier even though I was so young. Anyone else feel the same way or is it always like this at the end of an era?

Only time will tell.

I agree with you that they are now "older," their kids are getting older, they just did one of the year's biggest tours, and to me seeing them live, it certainly felt like a tour that tried hard to combine all of their greatest efforts and eras. In other words, almost a celebration or farewell tour. With all that spectacle and color, it's hard to imagine what they would do next. Plus you do have some indication from the band that maybe they'll take a break.....

BUT on the other hand--this has been one of their most productive eras. During this tour, they've recorded a great EP, wrote another song soon to be released, and have taken a studio on tour with them! This tour has had great covers, soundcheck writing, great guests, and cool improv songs. More is that the band has said in interviews that they feel the most like a band in a long time, and are having a lot of fun writing music. So maybe the break will only be a few months in 2018 before we get new material?

I personally am optimistic and subscribe to the latter. I think that they have many albums left in store--but whether those albums will feel like traditional eras and tours remains to be seen. Modern music is proving that groups can easily release music digitally and release a lot of material, singles, EP's because album sales don't matter as much.

• Like 1

Only time will tell.

I agree with you that they are now "older," their kids are getting older, they just did one of the year's biggest tours, and to me seeing them live, it certainly felt like a tour that tried hard to combine all of their greatest efforts and eras. In other words, almost a celebration or farewell tour. With all that spectacle and color, it's hard to imagine what they would do next. Plus you do have some indication from the band that maybe they'll take a break.....

BUT on the other hand--this has been one of their most productive eras. During this tour, they've recorded a great EP, wrote another song soon to be released, and have taken a studio on tour with them! This tour has had great covers, soundcheck writing, great guests, and cool improv songs. More is that the band has said in interviews that they feel the most like a band in a long time, and are having a lot of fun writing music. So maybe the break will only be a few months in 2018 before we get new material?

I personally am optimistic and subscribe to the latter. I think that they have many albums left in store--but whether those albums will feel like traditional eras and tours remains to be seen. Modern music is proving that groups can easily release music digitally and release a lot of material, singles, EP's because album sales don't matter as much.

I agree with that.

The boys are at a peak of their carrer and they can't stop making music now.

Plus the inspiration is still there.

I think that they will take a break next year though, and come back to the studio in 2019.

As for the next tour, I'm sure they will find new ideas for more spectacular shows.

Remember that MX shows were impressive and everybody at that time was wondering if they could do better. They did with AHFOD tour.

I'm sure they can go further for the next era tour.

"Good things are coming our way" !

Coldplay won an EMA and covered Rage while Tom Morello was at the actual awards ceremony.

Yep. This happened.

[MEDIA=twitter]929828953505837056[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/929828953505837056

but...there's absolutely nout wrong with this whatsoever. HOLY FUCK THEY STILL HAVE IT

THEY

STILL

HEAVY

MUSIC

:dizzy::innocent:

• Like 1

Jazz [emoji654] We Never Change

EDM [emoji654] A Sky Full Of Stars

Pop [emoji654] Princess Of China

RnB [emoji654] Hymn For The Weekend

Rock [emoji654] God Put A Smile

Art Rock [emoji654] Viva La Vida

Hip Hop [emoji654] Lost+

Rap [emoji654] Miracles (Someone Special)

Ambient [emoji654] Midnight

Alternative Rock [emoji654] A L I E N S

Funk [emoji654] Adventure Of A Lifetime

Trap [emoji654] X Marks The Spot

Indie [emoji654] Brothers And Sisters

Country [emoji654] Death Will Never Conquer

Brit Pop [emoji654] In My Place

Classical [emoji654] Postcards From Far Away

Ballad [emoji654] Hardest Part

we'e missing this one though:

Metal ➡️ God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (LIVE)

(personally I also think it should be Everything's Not Lost for Jazz)

• Like 1

Coldplay won an EMA and covered Rage while Tom Morello was at the actual awards ceremony.

Yep. This happened.

[MEDIA=twitter]929828953505837056[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/929828953505837056

but...there's absolutely nout wrong with this whatsoever. HOLY FUCK THEY STILL HAVE IT

THEY

STILL

HEAVY

MUSIC

:dizzy::innocent:

I don't think Chris has the voice for metal but lmao

I agree with that.

The boys are at a peak of their carrer and they can't stop making music now.

Plus the inspiration is still there.

I think that they will take a break next year though, and come back to the studio in 2019.

As for the next tour, I'm sure they will find new ideas for more spectacular shows.

Remember that MX shows were impressive and everybody at that time was wondering if they could do better. They did with AHFOD tour.

I'm sure they can go further for the next era tour.

"Good things are coming our way" !

I'd put money down that when we do get the next "thing" from Coldplay, it will be something more intimate/built more for a tour like they did in 2014 with Ghost Stories.

It seems like they really liked the sequence of coming off a big tour (MX), and instead of wearing themselves out with another big, 2-year tour, putting their energy back into the studio to create something smaller (Ghost Stories) so they could build up to doing something big again.

If I had to guess, we will get something similar over the course of the next few years.

Given the Kaleidoscope EP (and I'm assuming they will release Life is Beautiful at this point), it's clear they still have a load of ideas, and I'm sure Chris is writing constantly. They'll be thinking about the next project before we know it. They'll probably take a break for a few months, then realize they should make hay while the sun shines.

• Like 1

we'e missing this one though:

Metal ➡️ God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (LIVE)

(personally I also think it should be Everything's Not Lost for Jazz)

Okay but for real. I have this theory that Coldplay would actually be a fantastic metal band. For other fans of metal out there, the best metal music tends to be slow and build to great melodic crescendos---WHICH IS EXACTLY COLDPLAY's FORMULA. A kinda silly cover band did a metal version Miracles on Youtube, and the riff sounded amazing (the cheesy vocals and numetal percussion not so much)

Coldplay has dabbled in virtually EVERY genre at this point (yes, even trap) but has never released a strictly punk/hardcore/metal song. Maybe 1.36 could be considered slightly punk, but not fast enough. Really hope they decided to put one together sometime on a future release. Imma start sending fan mail.

• Like 1

Tonight during the Patriots vs. Broncos Sunday Night Football on NBC in America... the first of Jonny's two solos on Hurts Like Heaven was played during a highlight reel

I didn't watch the game yesterday!!! That's my favorite song!!!

• Like 1

Okay but for real. I have this theory that Coldplay would actually be a fantastic metal band. For other fans of metal out there, the best metal music tends to be slow and build to great melodic crescendos---WHICH IS EXACTLY COLDPLAY's FORMULA. A kinda silly cover band did a metal version Miracles on Youtube, and the riff sounded amazing (the cheesy vocals and numetal percussion not so much)

Coldplay has dabbled in virtually EVERY genre at this point (yes, even trap) but has never released a strictly punk/hardcore/metal song. Maybe 1.36 could be considered slightly punk, but not fast enough. Really hope they decided to put one together sometime on a future release. Imma start sending fan mail.

[MEDIA=twitter]929899743077195779[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/929899743077195779

I hope someone uploads the video of Coldplay covering Music Ligera so I can download it!!! :sob::sob::sob::heart::heart::heart: They were so incredible! It was such a beautiful incredible surprise. I am still so excited about it and I was not even there!!!! I love that song and just can't believe they covered it and that crowd was so EPIC!

• Like 1

Man, I cant believe this tour and era is over. I remember waiting anxiously for AHFOD and staying up late to hear AOAL for the first time. Such good times!

At the concert, they stated that they “will only be full of surprises from now on”. I really hope this means they are going to experiment again. I cant wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Man, I cant believe this tour and era is over. I remember waiting anxiously for AHFOD and staying up late to hear AOAL for the first time. Such good times!

At the concert, they stated that they “will only be full of surprises from now on”. I really hope this means they are going to experiment again. I cant wait!

From my perspective, the Era isn't over yet. The Era will not be over until Live 2017 is released, the live discs are always part of their respective eras.

• Like 3

Only time will tell.

Yeah it depends whether they want to sprinkle out random new songs or work towards another album. I reckon it'll be a little while till their next album though. They will probably want a break, think about the direction of the band and also choose/make songs as good as they can be. I think the boys are probably still pretty picky with their song choices on albums too.

• Like 1