✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

But although mylo is my favourite, i recognize viva la vida as the best.

So I really like Viva a lot but it ranks low for me. I think my order is

AROBTTH

Ghost Stories (which is shocking to me bc I did not love it much at all at first)

Parachutes

MX

X&Y

Viva

AHFOD

But I do love them all lol

• Like 1

So I really like Viva a lot but it ranks low for me. I think my order is

AROBTTH

Ghost Stories (which is shocking to me bc I did not love it much at all at first)

Parachutes

MX

X&Y

Viva

AHFOD

But I do love them all lol

VLV 5 spots below Ghost Stories o_O

GS is full of emotion and relatability, but VLV is a pure masterpiece.

I gotta go with-

AROBTTH

VLV

X&Y

MX

Parachutes

GS

AHFOD

But to each their own!

Atlas Project Twitter account is down for some reason. So I got to Facebook to check out what's wrong and I couldn't find out. Anyway, then an ad popped up in my Facebook feed about a British band called "Coasts", some of you may know them. They formed in 2011, their music could be described electro-indie and they aren't too massive. The weird thing is the ad was followed by a caption that was something like "You seem to like Coldplay, if you do then you should check out our music on our Spotify page". I didn't liked it that the band's marketing tactic was to share that their music is Coldplay-esque. Although my curiosity led me to their music and I found more Coldplay references! Three of their four EPs and respective songs have Coldplay related names: Paradise, A Rush Of Blood, Oceans!

• Like 1

Atlas Project Twitter account is down for some reason. So I got to Facebook to check out what's wrong and I couldn't find out. Anyway, then an ad popped up in my Facebook feed about a British band called "Coasts", some of you may know them. They formed in 2011, their music could be described electro-indie and they aren't too massive. The weird thing is the ad was followed by a caption that was something like "You seem to like Coldplay, if you do then you should check out our music on our Spotify page". I didn't liked it that the band's marketing tactic was to share that their music is Coldplay-esque. Although my curiosity led me to their music and I found more Coldplay references! Three of their four EPs and respective songs have Coldplay related names: Paradise, A Rush Of Blood, Oceans!

How very odd. I just looked up the page about them on Wikipedia and their lead singer is also named Chris :D

At the university where I am we sometimes have small regional bands performing for free on campus. I used to often give it a try (not so much anymore). Over the years numerous mentioned Coldplay in their sound influences, but except for one I never actually heard a similarity. I think a lot of people like to put this on their label to promote themselves.

I just found this, thought it might be of interest: A short article about U2 written by Chris for the Italian Rolling Stone, dated from yesterday !

Here's a Google Translate translation, pretty well understandable.

22 February 2018

by Chris Martin

The U2 are the only band of which I know the entire catalog by heart. I remember A Sort of Homecoming, the first song by The Unforgettable Fire, both right and wrong. It is an exciting, brilliant and wonderful piece. And it's one of the first songs I sang to my son, even now that he's not born yet.

The first U2 album I've heard is Achtung Baby. It was 1991, and I was 14 years old. Before I did not even know what they were, the records. From that moment on I started to go back to their discography - every six months I bought another one. The sound they proposed - the enthralling rhythm section along with those ethereal guitars, which float submerged by the effects - was something never heard before. I think they are the only really amazing "stage" band. They are the best, there are no doubts.

What I love the most is that the band is more important than songs, or records. They are still friends, and each plays a fundamental role in the lives of others. They are all indispensable - if Larry Mullen Jr. wants to leave and dive for a week, then the band is stuck. All U2 songs - as well as Coldplay - are signed by all members of the group, and in more than 30 years of career have never changed training, no separations or dramas.

It's incredible, the biggest band in the world is full of integrity and passion for its music. Our society is completely ruined, success is a waste of time and the culture of celebrity is disgusting. There are few people who are brave enough to talk about it, people who use their success to do good. And every time I try to do it, I feel like an idiot, because Bono really does. While we were all busy insulting George Bush, Bono got billions of dollars for Africa.

People can be really cynical - nobody really likes good Samaritans - but he does not let himself be touched, as if he were saying: "I do not care what everyone thinks, I'll say what I think". He achieved incredible results in Sarajevo, with Greenpeace, and is always at work. When Coldplay decided to talk about fair trade, we followed his example and ignored people's opinions. This is what I learned from U2: you must have the courage to really be yourself.

And here's the original link: http://www.rollingstone.it/musica/news-musica/chris-martin-racconta-gli-u2/2018-02-22/#Part1

• Like 8

Here it is

Screenshot_20180225-092627.thumb.jpg.7e3329c576d07fe454c2482ccaf8db30.jpg

Any fellow runners out there like me who primarily listen to Coldplay while running? If so, what are your favorite Coldplay tunes to run to? I have found that this winter, Twisted Logic, Talk, Charlie Brown, Politik, and AHFOD got me through a ton of runs when temps were in the single digits, wind chills in the negative teens and there was snow beating me in the face. Literally would not have been able to make it 5 miles in those conditions without our favorite four guys blasting in my ear!

• Like 1

Any fellow runners out there like me who primarily listen to Coldplay while running? If so, what are your favorite Coldplay tunes to run to? I have found that this winter, Twisted Logic, Talk, Charlie Brown, Politik, and AHFOD got me through a ton of runs when temps were in the single digits, wind chills in the negative teens and there was snow beating me in the face. Literally would not have been able to make it 5 miles in those conditions without our favorite four guys blasting in my ear!
Well, im a swimmer, and the last song you listen is the song playing in your head in the whole practice. I chose Lovers in Japan, Viva la vida, ETIAW, Birds......
  • Like 1

Yeah Twisted Logic and Politik especially for running...and Yes