✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

It has been a little while since I last peaked my head inside this little corner of the internet. I can't believe it has been 6 years since I first created this account and became the infamous double poster because the old forum software didn't like me and would regularly duplicate my posts. ?

Wow... it has been over a year since Everyday Life came out. What a beautiful album. I think it was released at the best possible time--right before the world kind of fell into a state of disorder and turned "everyday life" upside down, with every aspect of life being affected... not to mention, a lot of injustice coming to light... indeed, you could say "the world turned upside down" this year. Everyday Life has helped me cope with it all, as have some older albums from various artists (for example, Radiohead's Hail To The Thief became a lot more meaningful to me). Indeed, music is always there for me when times get tough, whether on a national/global level or even just for me personally. Thank you to Coldplay for making this year a bit more bearable.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

It has been a little while since I last peaked my head inside this little corner of the internet. I can't believe it has been 6 years since I first created this account and became the infamous double poster because the old forum software didn't like me and would regularly duplicate my posts. ?

Wow... it has been over a year since Everyday Life came out. What a beautiful album. I think it was released at the best possible time--right before the world kind of fell into a state of disorder and turned "everyday life" upside down, with every aspect of life being affected... not to mention, a lot of injustice coming to light... indeed, you could say "the world turned upside down" this year. Everyday Life has helped me cope with it all, as have some older albums from various artists (for example, Radiohead's Hail To The Thief became a lot more meaningful to me). Indeed, music is always there for me when times get tough, whether on a national/global level or even just for me personally. Thank you to Coldplay for making this year a bit more bearable.

Welcome back, long time no see! Ah yes I remember those times. I wish the forum was as active and buzzing as it was back then...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, merril said:

When looking at Guy Berryman's instagram account, I realized he no longer says he is a member of Coldplay but only calls himself'Creative Director @ appliedartforms and @dawghaus curator'. Does this mean he has left Coldplay?

I really doubt it!

It still says on the official Coldplay account that he is the only member with his own account.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, merril said:

When looking at Guy Berryman's instagram account, I realized he no longer says he is a member of Coldplay but only calls himself'Creative Director @ appliedartforms and @dawghaus curator'. Does this mean he has left Coldplay?

No.

He just doesn't have Coldplay in his bio all the time

• Haha 1

It has just come to my mind that around this time three years ago I joined this forum. I'm feeling sappy and nostalgic right now...

By the way, have yourselves a very merry Christmas, folks!

Even if you can't celebrate with your loved ones this year, always remember that there's someone who loves, appreciates and cares for you.

I hope you can still enjoy yourselves and make the best of times like these!

• Like 4
  • Care 1
  • Wow 1

Forgive me for being quite late but I still want to wish all of you a (very) happy and healthy new year, wherever you are!!! :classic_biggrin: :sunny:

Haven't been active on social media at all these days! I quite missed being active on the forums to be honest, I'll try to log on more often and enjoy being part of this wonderful community! :awesome:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier I was listening to Natalie Imbruglia's Come To Life album, the one with two songs--Lukas and Fun--that were given to her by Coldplay. I'm starting to wonder if this Fun eventually did get revisited by Coldplay and evolve into the song on A Head Full Of Dreams. The "didn't we have fun?" lyric appears in both songs and the lyrical themes are pretty similar. Either way, I think it's safe to say that the Fun from 2015 is a sort of spiritual successor or "part 2" to the Fun from 2009, even if it wasn't intended as such.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

A question to everyone who sees this: does anyone have the full concert of Coldplay live at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas 2015? I can't seem to find the full show anywhere on the internet. I was really hoping someone has it! @stephen

Hi. Do you know the date of the show (i.e. day, month)?

Edited by German Sulca
  • Like 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

A question to everyone who sees this: does anyone have the full concert of Coldplay live at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas 2015? I can't seem to find the full show anywhere on the internet. I was really hoping someone has it! @stephen

Working on it! I thought I had this somewhere but seem to have lost it. Gimme a day or two and I'll come back with an answer ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, German Sulca said:

Coldplay performed twice for iHeart in 2015: 1) 18th september, and, 2) 19th november

Downloading the 18th September one now, hopefully it finishes! the 19th November concert was for the AHFOD launch party and was broadcast in December. It was not part of the festival, it just happened to be for iHeartRadio

• Like 3

9 hours ago, German Sulca said:

Coldplay performed twice for iHeart in 2015: 1) 18th september, and, 2) 19th november

Yep, but as Stephen said, that 19th November show wasn't part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival.

That performance was just organised by iHeartRadio I guess!

7 hours ago, stephen said:

Downloading the 18th September one now, hopefully it finishes! the 19th November concert was for the AHFOD launch party and was broadcast in December. It was not part of the festival, it just happened to be for iHeartRadio

And thank you very much for your effort Stephen! :cheesy: I've been searching it for ages and can't wait to finally relive it again!!!

Do you ever hear Coldplay in the most random of places?

I was walking back to my car at Walmart the other night and somebody had Birds cranked up on their car stereo.

I also tend to hear Coldplay whenever I see my dentist for a routine check-up and cleaning. It seems like every time I go there, either We Never Change or Viva la Vida is playing in the office. ?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

Do you ever hear Coldplay in the most random of places?

I was walking back to my car at Walmart the other night and somebody had Birds cranked up on their car stereo.

I also tend to hear Coldplay whenever I see my dentist for a routine check-up and cleaning. It seems like every time I go there, either We Never Change or Viva la Vida is playing in the office. ?

Ahaha, what a coincidence! Such things happen to me as well (sometimes). For example, I can remember plenty of times that I was walking in a store for example and suddenly a radio station starts playing Coldplay! There's also something with the number 42. It seems that almost everwhere I go (not literally, just often) there's always something (a house number, a license plate, or a road (number)) that has ''42'' in it and I'm like: ''Seriously, are you kidding me?''. It sounds a bit stupid but I'm not making this up :classic_biggrin: 

Funnily enough, a few hours ago I was watching a talk show on television and I was really surprised when I suddenly heard Adventure Of A Lifetime playing during a compilation of the pictures and videos people made of the (historical) winter week we just had in the Netherlands.

One last thing. About a month ago when I was walking through a random street in Belgium there was a shop which caught my attention as soon as I read what the shop was called. That's why I wanted to share it here. The good thing is, I captured it! :grin: Sorry for the bad quality, I took it right before the sun went down. For some reason my phone adjusts pictures with a blue-ish glow when it's not light enough.

20210123_171511.thumb.jpg.89e62cb2edeae9ce9dbb9e7b2371f143.jpg

Yes, the shop is called STAR FISH and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/18/2021 at 7:06 PM, stephen said:

Hi Stephen, I was just wondering how it's going with downloading as it's been a few days! No need to rush by the way :smiley: