✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

So we're not having Coldplaying Awards this year ?

I'd volunteer to run them if that's the issue ! @Captain Crieff @AMDB9

My account turns a year old today! I wanted to make mine on a special day. I didn’t start posting until around July because I wasn’t really sure how the forum worked.

Also, look at this present I got today!

[ATTACH type=full" alt="0DCF5AF2-7CDF-44D0-B636-39831552303F.jpeg]10091[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="B8F2F87C-2667-4439-BB91-B04B61CEABE3.jpeg]10092[/ATTACH]

Happy anniversary ! We are happy to have you here !

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard about the terrible fire at Koko in Camden? I was devastated at the news, even though I've never personally been to a gig there. Walking past it coming back from Bakery visits made me all nostalgic thinking about the X&Y launch gig they did there back in '05. I remember reading that Chris just walked into the gig from his house beforehand. Here's hoping they manage to get the fire under control and save it.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/koko-camden-high-street-fire-a4327911.html

• Wow 1
  • Sad 4

Has anyone heard about the terrible fire at Koko in Camden? I was devastated at the news, even though I've never personally been to a gig there. Walking past it coming back from Bakery visits made me all nostalgic thinking about the X&Y launch gig they did there back in '05. I remember reading that Chris just walked into the gig from his house beforehand. Here's hoping they manage to get the fire under control and save it.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/koko-camden-high-street-fire-a4327911.html

Yeah, same. I walked past it literally 24 hours before that happened. Strange

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/leisure/showbiz/18239830.chris-martin-composition-coldplay-star-12-auction/

Anyone heard about this? I just saw it on the BBC Breakfast programme and I’d love to hear it! Shame I don’t have that kind of money lying around...or in fact a cassette player to listen to it :D

Yeah, saw it ! I have a cassette player but not the money...

when your 5 year old (german) wants you to play her a music video "... you know, where the boy sings sometimes softly, sometimes loud ..." ... how much better can you described "something just like this"? :p

Edited by YGillot
  • Wow 2

Recently I've realized that these days I don't listen to Coldplay as often as I would in the past. Thus I was trying to figure out why something like that had been happening to me. In the meantime deep down inside I was aware of the fact that I stiil loved the band and the music which they had been creating and releasing. Despite of that idea I would feel much more comfortable and relaxed when I was playing anyone else's songs bar those by Coldplay. However the other day something very interesting and impressive occurred to my mind. It was strange yet reasonable to a certain degree. I understood that for me Coldplay's music wasn't just the kind of music I would generally put on to kill time or fill the quiet surrounding me anymore. It didn't even feel right to listen to their music when I was resting (mostly procrastinating) or tidying in case I didn't have to carry out anything important or urgent. At some point it started acting as my so-called "cry pillow" or a reward to enjoy when i managed to achieve something. In other words it has happened to become such an exclusive and precious item of mine that I didn't want to keep turning it on every time I fancied doing so because of the fear that I would tarnish or degrade it. For example when the music video for Champion Of The World came out this Tuesday I didn't watch it immediately as I forced myself to play it after I take a test on Friday and incredibly I truly kept my word. It felt totally weird but I'm convinced that it was worth it. For better or worse I do know that I've adopted a really odd attitude towards Coldplay's music but somehow it functions well. After all people change and so do their opinions or point of views.

P.S. I was listening to the whole A Rush Of Blood To The Head album while typing this post.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4