alyssa

3 Cemeteries of London

5 Reign of Love

6 Glass Of Water

12 Lukas

14 Famous Old Painters

18 The Goldrush

19 Death will never conquer

As for the stuff in the lower right, can't read most of it either. But I see "Life Rolls On" and something like "Childrens... Foundation" so probably ideas for charities to support.

Edited by I ran away
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, I ran away said:

3 Cemeteries of London

5 Reign of Love

6 Glass Of Water

12 Lukas

14 Famous Old Painters

18 The Goldrush

19 Death will never conquer

As for the stuff in the lower right, can't read most of it either. But I see "Life Rolls On" and something like "Childrens... Foundation" so probably ideas for charities to support.

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me! 

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I'm sooo incredibly lucky today because Phil responded to me on Twitter :classic_ohmy: :classic_love:

PHonTwitter!.PNG.4af737e7f0fa4e39527e356d413578af.PNG

Again, thank you so much Phil :classic_smile: You really made my day and hope everyone's doing well out there!!!!! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1

So it sounds like Parr Street Studios, where a lot of Parachutes and AROBTTH were recorded, will be demolished soon? 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/liverpool-legendary-parr-street-studios-look-set-to-be-demolished-2657247

I’m so happy that I was able to visit them a few years ago..I remember Jonny talking fondly about the studios on Storytellers in 2005 and how they helped the band to clear their minds after recording in bigger cities and improve the records that we all love.

• Sad 5

I can’t remember who asked for this or which thread it was now, but somebody asked a few months ago for this video from Rhythm Studios back in 2017 where Will does a ‘masterclass’ with Miller and Dan Green explaining how the live shows work with all the backing tracks.

I randomly stumbled on it on the internet just now..so this thread is clearly the best place to put it xD

So whoever you are, if you’re still out there, here it is...

https://youtu.be/uUqRtHvHrZI

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aaronm360 said:

I can’t remember who asked for this or which thread it was now, but somebody asked a few months ago for this video from Rhythm Studios back in 2017 where Will does a ‘masterclass’ with Miller and Dan Green explaining how the live shows work with all the backing tracks.

I randomly stumbled on it on the internet just now..so this thread is clearly the best place to put it xD

So whoever you are, if you’re still out there, here it is...

https://youtu.be/uUqRtHvHrZI

I was one of those people that asked for it, thank you very much for sharing it @aaronm360 ! This will come in handy since now I actually play drums ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Magic_2000 said:

I was one of those people that asked for it, thank you very much for sharing it @aaronm360 ! This will come in handy since now I actually play drums ?

Sorry that the video and audio isn’t great, I think there was originally a better quality version on YT but it was deleted a while ago, so that’s the best that we’ve got. I’m very happy that it’s come in useful for someone! ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aaronm360 said:

Sorry that the video and audio isn’t great, I think there was originally a better quality version on YT but it was deleted a while ago, so that’s the best that we’ve got. I’m very happy that it’s come in useful for someone! ?

That's okay, just having it in some form is good enough! I do think the better quality verson was taken down due to copyright, but this will work for now ?

• Like 1

Posting here because it felt truly random today. Tho I usually rank it as my least favorite Coldplay album, I just listened to AHFOD and it slaps. Heading into the album in 2015 I had some head canon about Coldplay doing this big dance album and was ultimately disappointed when it ended up being a mixture of lots of genres and overall tones. Sometimes it takes a lot of separation, and a new album (EL), to go back and fully appreciate an album era. I think a lot of critics and light fans will disregard the album of having weird tonal shifts and covering too many themes, but looking back at the last 4.5 years I find a lot of value in Chris' lyrics and have come to appreciate the interesting mixture of alt-rock and modern pop that Stargate brought to the album. Will's percussion is so good on this thing and its remarkable a band that started with low-fi indie rock could end up producing such lush and well produced songs 15 years later. 4 years ago I wouldn't have felt this way, but the nostalgia lenses are coming on team. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Interesting take, because I still feel AHFOD is not well produced. Nostalgia makes everything sound better, for me too, but the same things I found annoying back then I still find annoying now. To me it's the opposite, to my ears albums like AROBTTH (even Parachutes, in its intimate sound) have what i would call a great production. Ken Nelson was a genius.

Every time I listen to Kaleidoscope EP I think that's what AHFOD should have sounded like. What if would have sounded like if Bill Rahko, Dan Green and Rik Simpson aka The Dream Team had produced it instead of Stargate.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 1:44 PM, Gideon_Mx said:

Hello everyone,

I'm sooo incredibly lucky today because Phil responded to me on Twitter :classic_ohmy: :classic_love:

PHonTwitter!.PNG.4af737e7f0fa4e39527e356d413578af.PNG

Again, thank you so much Phil :classic_smile: You really made my day and hope everyone's doing well out there!!!!! :classic_biggrin:

That’s great ! One of my life goals 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The French/German cultural chain 'Arte' is dedicating an evening to Coldplay. They are playing the film 'A Head Full Of Dreams' at the moment and after that they will show the film about the 'Mylo Xyloto' tour from 2012.

• Like 1