✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Here's my random Coldplay thought. Will we ever hear the Big Fat Noises' Panic EP!?

71PfKhhkeYL.jpg

I'm so confused about how exactly Guy joined the band. Chris loves to talk about he started playing with Jonny and Will joining (and maybe those are more interesting stories, especially Will's) but we rarely hear much about Guy joining and what I have heard doesn't really line up. I was watching a documentary from the Viva era recently where Will said that it was Guy that had the Fender Rhodes and Chris sought him out, instead of the other way around like it says here. I've even heard that Guy demanded to join Chris and Jonny when he was drunk from a few sources but I saw an interview where he denied that, or at least that he begged to join (they didn't bring up him being drunk). I feel like this could be a case of a pretty ordinary story that no one really remembers, but it could also be something Guy or the others doesn't really want to share so they'll kind of vaguely gloss over it when the topic comes up. If that is the case I don't want to bring attention to something they'd rather keep private, but how he came into the band seems like kind of a big deal. Am I crazy and overthinking this or is there more of a story here? Does anyone know something I don't?

• Like 1

I’m rearranging my bedroom with a Coldplay theme! It’s not done yet, and I still don’t have a place to display my records, but what do you think?

(Sorry for the bad lighting)

[ATTACH=full]9918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]9919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]9921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]9917[/ATTACH]

Beautiful collection and the room looks wonderful! I really like your birds :heart_eyes:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

@carolina I noticed those inconcistencies in the Guy story too, but then all that has been said isn't mutually exclusive. What I mean is, Chris could have sought out Guy and Guy could have demanded to be in the band and both things happened and as it often is when you meet lots of new people, things are a blur and no one can really tell what happpened first.

• Like 3

Hi, the new era definitely had me excited for new music, but its also nice to see the forum kicking again. One of those things about the community im looking forward to are the Coldplaying awards. We havent had one last year, so looking forward to the 2019 ones!

Here's 2017's

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplaying-awards-2017.111013/

Will the CPing awards return this year?

• Like 2

Does anyone know if there will be another end of decade clear out sale like they had with VLV where they auctioned off gear for charity? Not that I’d be able to afford any of it anyway...

About a year ago I was hoping for one and hoping I'd have saved up some money by then...well, this didn't happen so I'm low-key hoping no end-of-decade sale will happen :D

• Sad 1

Does anyone know if there will be another end of decade clear out sale like they had with VLV where they auctioned off gear for charity? Not that I’d be able to afford any of it anyway...

I think most of us wouldn't be able to afford any of it if that's the case :joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think most of us wouldn't be able to afford any of it if that's the case :joy:

Yeah for me it would have been interesting to see which items were available instead of being rich enough to buy them, the catalogue was amazing with stuff like the Parachutes globe in there :pensive:

• Like 4

@carolina I noticed those inconcistencies in the Guy story too, but then all that has been said isn't mutually exclusive. What I mean is, Chris could have sought out Guy and Guy could have demanded to be in the band and both things happened and as it often is when you meet lots of new people, things are a blur and no one can really tell what happpened first.

Wow, Carolina (@carolina) had a really short stay on the forums! :weary_face:

• Haha 3

Yeah for me it would have been interesting to see which items were available instead of being rich enough to buy them, the catalogue was amazing with stuff like the Parachutes globe in there :pensive:

I bought a light globe somewhere else few years ago and I'm just fine with it. ;)

Does anybody have the video of Chris where he talks to the viewer about using their own special strength and their days going from better to better to better? That was my favorite video of him but it got deleted unfortunately... I can’t find it anywhere

Do you mean this videomessage for a fan? (don't see it on youtube anymore either, so uploaded)

https://mega.nz/#!kdgjDYYD!pbS3ChZpiiK1qyN7NzXyrw8kADSVqUgfLwyTO8Rv2ic

• Like 2
  • Love 1