✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Haven't been here since probably EL came out. World events threw me into a pretty deep depression. I somehow forgot to listen to Coldplay through it. Honestly I've not listened to anything much.

I've had two very vivid dreams recently where I saw Chris Martin at concerts and he refused to let me meet him even though I wanted to very badly. Literally shook his head and turned away. I think that means listen to Coldplay again? Don't know how to interpret that. ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, onlylove said:

Haven't been here since probably EL came out. World events threw me into a pretty deep depression. I somehow forgot to listen to Coldplay through it. Honestly I've not listened to anything much.

I've had two very vivid dreams recently where I saw Chris Martin at concerts and he refused to let me meet him even though I wanted to very badly. Literally shook his head and turned away. I think that means listen to Coldplay again? Don't know how to interpret that. ?

Same. Don't feel like I'm doing well these days. It's kinda helping listening to Coldplay again tho. There's so some sort of familiarity related to their music that it feels somehow like a relief.

I also dreamt of going to a Coldplay concert but for some reason it ended before I could get in the venue.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2020 at 3:50 AM, German Sulca said:

@onlylove and @JM-42 you are not alone. Remember, this community supports you. 

On 8/22/2020 at 6:16 AM, onlylove said:

I've had two very vivid dreams recently where I saw Chris Martin at concerts and he refused to let me meet him even though I wanted to very badly. Literally shook his head and turned away. I think that means listen to Coldplay again? Don't know how to interpret that. ?

On 8/23/2020 at 3:39 AM, JM-42 said:

Same. Don't feel like I'm doing well these days. It's kinda helping listening to Coldplay again tho. There's so some sort of familiarity related to their music that it feels somehow like a relief.

I also dreamt of going to a Coldplay concert but for some reason it ended before I could get in the venue.

Oh yes, you are absolutely not alone!!! We love you and we support you :viva: :heart: Remember that life's tough, but you are definitely tougher than that! :whatever: 

Music's one of the main things that keeps me going to be honest, I can't imagine my life without music. I just can't....

Keep listening to Coldplay's music especially when you feel you could use it, it makes you feel better anyway! :earmuffs: Both of you, take care :smiley2:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I would meet so many great people on the internet to share my passion with, Coldplay and their music. I'm so grateful to be part of this beautiful place! :nice: I can definitely say I'm a proud Coldplaying member for five straight years! :heart:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

On 8/28/2020 at 8:45 PM, Gideon_Mx said:

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I would meet so many great people on the internet to share my passion with, Coldplay and their music. I'm so grateful to be part of this beautiful place! :nice: I can definitely say I'm a proud Coldplaying member for five straight years! :heart:

Hapy belated join day! We're glad to have you here ?

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

I briefly returned to the forums in May after a long absence but then vanished again until now. I've been struggling the whole year, it all started back in January and the covid situation just made it all the more worse. From reading the posts here seems I'm not the only one having a hard time.

I feel stuck in a job I'm not happy in anymore, haven't been for a couple of years now. At the same time I recognize I'm lucky to still have a job that has given me a chance to live a relatively normal life. I have a roof over my head, a car and some money to buy a Coldplay record if I want to. At the same time I feel very unhappy, stressed and anxious most of the days at work. It used to be fun, but now that money is becoming increasingly tight it makes everything that much harder and people are on edge. We've had temporary and permanent layoffs and it's not looking any better in the future. Waiting for the axe to fall is very tiring and even if it doesn't I would be ready to move on. Dreading the next morning is just not the way I would like to live my life, but I need the income. I've been thinking about looking for other means of employment but it seems I've become somewhat "institutionalized" in these 15 years at my current employers service. It's very difficult to believe I would have something to offer to another firm and starting over is scary anyway. At the same time I'm thinking this can't go on or I'll burn out before long. Add to that the worry about my parents' health, the virus and the world gone mad and it seems I just can't win.

I've got into a habbit of listenening to Coldplay at work when I feel down and it has cheered me up enough to carry on for  the rest of the day. When I joined this site I said Coldplay are changing the world for the better and in these small ways it's absolutely true. If they manage to give hope to anyone feeling down, then they have succeeded and I feel eternally grateful to them. Today Coldplay also managed to make me feel sad that I've not managed to see them live, I hope that can be fixed some day!

If you read through the whole post thank you and sorry for such a gloomy return to the site. I try to take part in lighter conversations as well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 7:36 PM, Charlie Xyloto said:

Hello Everyone!

I briefly returned to the forums in May after a long absence but then vanished again until now. I've been struggling the whole year, it all started back in January and the covid situation just made it all the more worse. From reading the posts here seems I'm not the only one having a hard time.

I feel stuck in a job I'm not happy in anymore, haven't been for a couple of years now. At the same time I recognize I'm lucky to still have a job that has given me a chance to live a relatively normal life. I have a roof over my head, a car and some money to buy a Coldplay record if I want to. At the same time I feel very unhappy, stressed and anxious most of the days at work. It used to be fun, but now that money is becoming increasingly tight it makes everything that much harder and people are on edge. We've had temporary and permanent layoffs and it's not looking any better in the future. Waiting for the axe to fall is very tiring and even if it doesn't I would be ready to move on. Dreading the next morning is just not the way I would like to live my life, but I need the income. I've been thinking about looking for other means of employment but it seems I've become somewhat "institutionalized" in these 15 years at my current employers service. It's very difficult to believe I would have something to offer to another firm and starting over is scary anyway. At the same time I'm thinking this can't go on or I'll burn out before long. Add to that the worry about my parents' health, the virus and the world gone mad and it seems I just can't win.

I've got into a habbit of listenening to Coldplay at work when I feel down and it has cheered me up enough to carry on for  the rest of the day. When I joined this site I said Coldplay are changing the world for the better and in these small ways it's absolutely true. If they manage to give hope to anyone feeling down, then they have succeeded and I feel eternally grateful to them. Today Coldplay also managed to make me feel sad that I've not managed to see them live, I hope that can be fixed some day!

If you read through the whole post thank you and sorry for such a gloomy return to the site. I try to take part in lighter conversations as well. 

Hi Charlie!

I'm not quite sure if we've ever interacted here (or anywhere else) but I wanted to say it's great to see you here and feel sorry to hear you're struggling. Life isn't always easy, unfortunately. I know what it feels like when your feeling depressed or down, but remember to never give up. I think we've all been there, take care of yourself! :heart:

21 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Hi Charlie!

I'm not quite sure if we've ever interacted here (or anywhere else) but I wanted to say it's great to see you here and feel sorry to hear you're struggling. Life isn't always easy, unfortunately. I know what it feels like when your feeling depressed or down, but remember to never give up. I think we've all been there, take care of yourself! :heart:

Hi Gideon and thank you for the kind words! I'm a bit better now after going through a real low a couple of weeks ago. When you're down it seems so hard to get up again, but this is not the first time and thankfully I've always managed to get through it. It also helps to have loving parents and listening to Coldplay! They really have made it their life's mission to make people feel better about themselves. Chris has a way of coming up with lyrics that always cheer me up, one example being Miracles (Someone Special) that I've been listening to a lot lately. That song has the perfect last words "Don't go to war with yourself, just turn it on". :heart:

• Like 1

^Stay strong! This year has been really tough on me as well -- working from home every single day in a job I don't love and not knowing when exactly anything will change. music also helps A LOT to keep me energized and feeling good. Depending on how you look at it, I think there's some solace in knowing there are so many others around the world experiencing the same stresses right now. It can be hard to count our blessings.

I'm sorry to hear that your day-to-day work causes anxiety and dread... I hope that it can get better or that you find another opportunity. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 7:01 PM, lennyrott1 said:

^Stay strong! This year has been really tough on me as well -- working from home every single day in a job I don't love and not knowing when exactly anything will change. music also helps A LOT to keep me energized and feeling good. Depending on how you look at it, I think there's some solace in knowing there are so many others around the world experiencing the same stresses right now. It can be hard to count our blessings.

I'm sorry to hear that your day-to-day work causes anxiety and dread... I hope that it can get better or that you find another opportunity. 

Hi @lennyrott1, sorry it took so long to reply! I went through a really bad time a couple of weeks ago, but fortunately I had a vacation right after that. It did wonders to get out of the city for a week and just rest. This time of year is challenging for me anyway even without all the stress of work because the days are getting shorter and I spend most of the daylight hours inside. I'm sorry to hear you also are unhappy in your job. It's a tricky thing, to do a job you're not happy with just for the income. On the other hand, seeing so many being unemployed makes me feel lucky to still have a job at all. Music really is the great healer, I've gotten through a lot with it. All the best to you, I hope you also have better days ahead! 

• Wow 1

On 10/27/2020 at 1:55 AM, I ran away said:

I just wanted to say, after 5 years of being part of the Coldplay fandom, first on Coldplaying, now on Coldplaying, Twitter and other platforms, a wonderful thing happened today: Coldplay followed me on Twitter !!!!!! :drinking::dazzled::loveshower::bliss::phil:

So amazing, congrats!!! :happy2:

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I hadn't got any notifications for this topic in ages, I thought it stopped being active and then I came back here today and see I've missed so many posts! ? 

Just wanted to say it's only November but I've already started listening to @I ran away's Coldplay Christmas Playlist from years ago! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Hedwig said:

For some reason I hadn't got any notifications for this topic in ages, I thought it stopped being active and then I came back here today and see I've missed so many posts! ? 

Just wanted to say it's only November but I've already started listening to @I ran away's Coldplay Christmas Playlist from years ago! 

In December, I plan to host a Christmas listening party on Twitter with that playlist actually !

• Love 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

lol at the ppl online hating on Coldplay for getting the nomination. if the leading arguement you bring to the table is to tear down the other side instead of building your own side, then maybe your side just aint that good son. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...