🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Oasis Thread

sarah**

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my thoughts...

Keep The Dream Alive - not bad. Lyrics are a tad predictable and the solo's a bit boring, but the melody's pretty good.

Let There Be Love - I like what they've done with this. The Hey Jude-esque arrangement is impressive. The original lyrics were much better, but these ones are pretty good anyway. Liam sounds brilliant.

The Meaning Of Soul - Boring as fuck. Reminds me of 'Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is' or 'I Can See A Liar'.

Mucky Fingers - Repetitive as hell but not all that bad. Noel's vocal sounds alright.

On the whole, it's too over-produced. Too 'sparkly' and 'poppy', whereas it needs to be raw like Definitely Maybe or Morning Glory. But these songs show there still might be hope yet...

Not being a huge Oasis fan for 8 years from now, Be here Now was pretty awful and so on...

But the leaked tracks and the little fragments out of the nme shows this is going to be a totally different thing.

I was simply stunned by "The Importance Of Being Idle". I could never imagine Noel Gallagher doing such a great song, it's even better than the old stuff.

Le There Be Love & Keep the Dream are quite predictable, but indeed good tunes. There's not much music nowdays at this high standars if you know what i mean.

I got special interest in Mucky fingers, not sounding a bit like Oasis, but like the velvet underground with really un-oasis lyrics too. Bet NME to trash it for the evidence of plagiarism, but i enjoy the elder brother voice in this one.

And Liam Moonckyman's 'Love is a Bomb' is not bad too, brings me back the best Beatles w/o the boredom of previous efforts, it's fresher and quite good.

What happen to the Gallaghers, did they take vitamins or what?

i've heard the rest of the songs from the album now, and i actually think it will do well. A lot better than Heathen Chemistry, and it deserves too aswell! Liam has a song that is really unexpected from him, at least by me anyway. kind of sounded like the Doves as soon as i heard it. I'm glad Noel [and the rest] seem to be getting out of the old habbits a little more...i'd really like to see them go on and make a few more decent albums now :)

• 2 weeks later...