The Funniest things your parents/family ever did/say about Coldplay

laurazstar

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum ended liking Coldplay. She wants to go the next gig ^^

My aunt thinks it´s a punk band. I don´t know why she has that idea.

The rest ignore them

Apart of the family...A few friends of mine asked me if chris is gay.

Another friends call them Coldpech (they are boys, so I guess they feel envy for them)

I made obsess a friend too

The only positive things said about Coldplay are from my one friend, who loves them. We talk about random Coldplay things all day. :nice: Unfortunately, all my friends and my parents think I'm obsessed and that Coldplay are terrible. The only way I'm going to a gig on their next tour is if my friend's mom is willing to take us (which she probably will; she's a huge Coldplay fan too). But one time I asked my dad to turn on the surround sound while I was watching Live 2003, and he said no because he didn't want to hear any more dying moose singing. :cry:

Well, my parents and grandma don´t speak or understand a word in english, so it´s pretty hard for them to pronounce anything on the right way, and seems that coldplay is a really difficult word for them cause alwayssssssssssss call them cornflakes. I always fight them back for that, but I´m about to give up.....

he didn't want to hear any more dying moose singing. :cry:
coldplay is a really difficult word for them cause alwayssssssssssss call them cornflakes.
Those are both hilarious!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mother has learned in the meantime. It's no longer "cooled play" but pwoper Coldplay.

We're working on pronouncing "Gwyneth" at the moment - that's the advance level. She's not really making progress however. Still sounds more like "Gwen-at". :laugh3: :P

Those are both hilarious!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mother has learned in the meantime. It's no longer "cooled play" but pwoper Coldplay.

We're working on pronouncing "Gwyneth" at the moment - that's the advance level. She's not really making progress however. Still sounds more like "Gwen-at". :laugh3: :P

:laugh3: but Gwyneth is hard to pronounce!!

My mom isn't able to prononce 'coldplay' either but she recognize the name on paper or TV so she referres them to me as 'your band'...(much easier to say :lol:). My sister called them too 'my sister's band' too... :laugh3:

Salut Aurélie!! :kiss:

Yes, it is hard to pronounce!!

She's laughing herself every time she wants to say it.

Sadly her last name isn't easy to pronounce as well, so no help. :lol:

She's so cute. When she sees an article somewhere about her, CP or other things I'm interested in she keeps them and shows them to me. :heart:

She's so cute. When she sees an article somewhere about her, CP or other things I'm interested in she keeps them and shows them to me. :heart:

Indeed! My mom doesn't keep them, but when she sees me she told me 'oh, I red this or that about your band!' 99,9 % of the time, it's no news to me but it's cute!

Haha, yes!

Most of the time you just hear the rumours again.

Like "Your band is splitting, did you hear??" :laugh3:

I think it's cute when people tell you stuff they heard about sth you are interested in.

My best friend called me to say she read an article that you can download a free Live CD from Coldplay. :heart:

That was one week after we all waited for LRLRL to appear on the website however and got the 320kbps version before anyone else. Can't remember who it was who found the link before it was actually posted as news on CP.com but it was great! :lol:

This is just another way of saying that this place is awesome :awesome:!

Have a nice day, Aurélie, talk soon! :hug:

This happened once when I was at school, watching the video for The Scientist from my iPod. Then my best friend asked: "Whos that?" :shy: And I answered: "Chris Martin." She obviously didn't know who he was because she left it there, but then one other friend of mine (who had been listening to our converstation) said: "Oh, that... *starts humming one Ricky Martin song*" I stared at her like "Wtf?":shocked2: And then she realised.. "...no, that's Ricky Martin.." :thinking:

...and when I mentioned Coldplay, it suddenly became clearer for both of them. :rolleyes:

And my little sister always makes fun of Chris, the way he sings, the way he plays piano and stuff... :veryangry2: Everytime I listen to Coldplay she's like noooo and makes it really clear to me that she hates it. She annoys me.

My mother always says that Johnny and Will must be family, cousins or something because they look alike! XD jajajaja

well my father usally makes the joke of telling that chris is coming to have dinner tonight because we are "friends" due to I'm always with him..... :rolleyes:

And my brother gets angry when I listen to coldply because he loves U2 and I tell him that Colplay will take the place of them because chris martin is much more taller than Bono! XD

For the longest time,

my grandmother,

97 years old,

thought Chris Martin,

was my boyfriend.

I wish, grandma. I wish. :wacko:

Hahaha! Good!

My grandmother thougt he was a friend of something... (my father usually says that)

My phone conversation yesterday with my mum:

Ani:"I'll go to London in May again."

Mum "Why? It's a thing about this band?"

Ani:"Which band? Coldplay? Not really."

Mum:"I saw an article in a magazine ... about the singer and his wife."

Ani:"Äääähm..."

Mum:" He looks really nice."

Ani:"Yeah..."

Mum:"Are you in love with him?"

Ani:"Äääähm... Mum! What do you think about me?"

Mum:"I don't know, you're alone and I thought you love him."

Ani:" Please stop it mum - next theme please!"

Oh, I really hate her!

My phone conversation yesterday with my mum:

Ani:"I'll go to London in May again."

Mum "Why? It's a thing about this band?"

Ani:"Which band? Coldplay? Not really."

Mum:"I saw an article in a magazine ... about the singer and his wife."

Ani:"Äääähm..."

Mum:" He looks really nice."

Ani:"Yeah..."

Mum:"Are you in love with him?"

Ani:"Äääähm... Mum! What do you think about me?"

Mum:"I don't know, you're alone and I thought you love him."

Ani:" Please stop it mum - next theme please!"

Oh, I really hate her!

^hahahaha

i'd be so embarrassed

i was on the Guy thread the other day and my mom popped up behind me and was like "who's this gentleman?" :embarrassed: