✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Funniest things your parents/family ever did/say about Coldplay

laurazstar

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another u had to be there ones....

but my dad saw the setlist i got from the atlanta show and he asked how i got it, and i told him chris (the guy who plays the piano to him) came into our row and gave it to me. and i had him going that i went backstage with them after the show. he was like NOO WAY. haha. he was flippin out. haha but i finnally told him i got the setlist from the tech crew.

My parents are so out of the loop...:cry:

I told them i was going to a coldplay concert and they were like "Who?? Coldplay?? Is this a hard rock kind of band??"

God! My dad had never even heard Clocks.. even tho there daughter has been obsessed with Coldplay for years, they still dont kno who i am takling about! :angry:

Oh dear, all the comments crack me up :laugh3:

Well, I rather harassed my sister with Coldplay, stuff like :"OMFG they are so wonderful! You should really listen to them more often!" (she listened to them, she even got me into them, but she got bored after a while and forgot about Coldplay)

So then sometime she said:"Okay, now show me these OH SO BEAUTIFUL men, and leave me alone, dammit!"

So we went to my PC and I was searching in my Coldplay folder for good pictures of Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy, but I have to mention, that I really have too much pictures of them :D My sister just stared at the thousands of files and shook her head, and finally I showed her a nice pic of the boys.

Then she said: "(to Chris) He's ugly, (to Jonny) he also, (to Will) LOL he looks old, how old is he, like, 45? (I think I don't have to mention that I almost exploded, but okay) oh and who's this? The Bass-player, hm. He looks okay..."

After that, I politely threw her out of my room :lol:

:dozey:

My mum likes Coldplay a lot but the other day I had on Coldplay covering that James Bond song "You Only Live Twice" and my mom was like, "ARRRRRGH who is that murdering that song??? AHHHH! Make it stop! I feel VERY sorry for whoever tried to cover that." I quickly turned it off and didn't tell her who it was LOL!

It's better than what happened when I hung a Rolling Stone cover poster of Thom Yorke in my room though. My mom walked in and said, "ohhhh no, One-Eyed Squishy!" HAHAHAHA

So Chris gets a better reception in my house :D

ps- All of the Coldplay boys are attractive in their own way, because they have sparkling and varied personalities, interesting strengths, endearing weaknesses, great talent and beautiful, unique physical features. :D We can agree on THAT at least, right? :D

Oh dear, all the comments crack me up :laugh3:

Well, I rather harassed my sister with Coldplay, stuff like :"OMFG they are so wonderful! You should really listen to them more often!" (she listened to them, she even got me into them, but she got bored after a while and forgot about Coldplay)

So then sometime she said:"Okay, now show me these OH SO BEAUTIFUL men, and leave me alone, dammit!"

So we went to my PC and I was searching in my Coldplay folder for good pictures of Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy, but I have to mention, that I really have too much pictures of them :D My sister just stared at the thousands of files and shook her head, and finally I showed her a nice pic of the boys.

Then she said: "(to Chris) He's ugly, (to Jonny) he also, (to Will) LOL he looks old, how old is he, like, 45? (I think I don't have to mention that I almost exploded, but okay) oh and who's this? The Bass-player, hm. He looks okay..."

After that, I politely threw her out of my room :lol:

:dozey:

:veryangry2: i would kick her out too!! "Chris ugly???" and "Guy just ok??!" :angry: i think your sister needs her vision corrected! Glasses or contacts are suggested!

So lastnight my friend Adam calls me and asks if i want to go out with them and i already had plans with other ppl so i said no and that i had to go cus i was already running late, he always says silly/ funny things that dont make any sense so he says, "Why do you have to go so soon, you got a man in your room or something?" haahahha

And i say "Actually yes! Guy Berryman is laying naked on my bed! i have to get back to him!"

and he goes "what that old dude from coldplay that u really like?"

i was mad at him for calling Guy the old dude!! grr...hung up on him afte that :P

So lastnight my friend Adam calls me and asks if i want to go out with them and i already had plans with other ppl so i said no and that i had to go cus i was already running late, he always says silly/ funny things that dont make any sense so he says, "Why do you have to go so soon, you got a man in your room or something?" haahahha

And i say "Actually yes! Guy Berryman is laying naked on my bed! i have to get back to him!"

and he goes "what that old dude from coldplay that u really like?"

i was mad at him for calling Guy the old dude!! grr...hung up on him afte that :P

HAHA LIZ! HAHAHA

everytime i listen to "beautiful world" i comment on what a great song it is so one day...

mum: "what are you listening to?"

me: "coldplay. hey listen to this song, its-"

*she stalks out of the room*

:rolleyes:

she does THAT to ALL of the bands or songs i like! then, once i take a break from always talking about coldplay, SHE ASKS ABOUT THEM!!! it drives me mad!

^Don't worry, Lauren. Just saying that Liz's friend would call me old too.

no he actually wouldnt...im 18 and for some reason he thinks Coldplay was like in there late 30s or something...he needs help obvioulsy! he would not think u are old and i do not either hun!