✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Funniest things your parents/family ever did/say about Coldplay

laurazstar

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Osaka Sun

Due to The 40 Year Old Virgin (it was a great comedy too), my bro always says that the band is gay...and every time I prove Coldplay isn't he still doesn't believe it. :rolleyes:

Nothing that'll make you hold your sides, but like some others on this thread have mentioned, my Dad tends to say Coldtrain (probably thinking of Coltrane) when he means Coldplay. Another thing I've noticed with a lot of people, including my parents is the way they try to pin down the "coldplay sound". Whenever I play one of my mixes, my parents/siblings (and in one instance my former roomate) will ask 'whose that?' and are perplexed that it's coldplay. They seem to have trouble grasping how the same band can write both "speed of sound" and "Now my feet won't touch the ground".

On a better note my 10 year old sister relates any mention of drums with Will, laughs and makes fun of Chris everytime she sees an apple and tries to copy his dancing, likes to stare at pictures of Guy on my wall, and ever since she saw "Jonnyfest" on the screen while I was on here she goes around the house screaming that anytime I listen to Coldplay. Everyone elsein my family either ignores them or laughs at me for liking good music.

I can imagine your lil sister saying "Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest! Jonnyfest!" while dancing like Chris and staring at pics of Guy :laugh3:

If it doesn't say "Coldplay" it's not official, just a really well done pirate copy.... :P
Yep, specially in China

"coldplay sound". Whenever I play one of my mixes, my parents/siblings (and in one instance my former roomate) will ask 'whose that?' and are perplexed that it's coldplay. They seem to have trouble grasping how the same band can write both "speed of sound" and "Now my feet won't touch the ground".

so so true...!!!

"Oh, you like Coldplay right? Chris Martin's band."

"It's not Chris Martin's band, he's just the lead singer in the band, there's four of them."

"Whatever, same shit, Chris Martin's band.":angry:

"No, not really."

"He's pretty ugly." :(

"That's you opinion, but the bassist is really hot."

"There's a bass player?" :shocked2:

"Yeah, his name is Guy."

"Guy? Weird name."

"What about that dude who always does interviews with him? Aren't they gay like the guys from Chemical Romance?" :stunned: :shocked2: :o :shout:

"No...Chris is married..."

"OH YEAH! He's a dude that named his kid apple!"

"Good job."

"Yeah, who would do that?"

*silence*

"Well, I got to go, I'll talk to you later."

"Sure."

"Hey, one more thing."

"What?"

"You know how I know you're gay?":(

*sighs* "Because I listen to Coldplay?":uneasy:

"Yeah!" *person laughs and walks away*:furious:

A conversation I had two days ago outside the pizza place w/ a kid from my school. I swear, it was the most pointless and stupidest thing ever. Then again, I am in the US

I dont get it why people call Chris ugly and Guy hot.:veryangry2:

there was one you tube fan fid of Guy and one of them commented

"Chris is ugly

Guy is hot"

wtf?

I felt like writing the opposite.

but didnt obviously .

I dont get it why people call Chris ugly and Guy hot.:veryangry2:

there was one you tube fan fid of Guy and one of them commented

"Chris is ugly

Guy is hot"

wtf?

I felt like writing the opposite.

but didnt obviously .

It could be that they think this is true, just like you might think the opposite is true. It really is all personal preference in the end, but one reason more people might find Guy more attractive is because he has the straight out dark and handsome look going for him while Chris' beauty is slightly harder to find but still just as prevalent if you take the time to look. Most people don't, see his goofy antics, and don't bother to see the hot man present underneath.

Their loss.:)

my mom thought that there were two different lead singers :lol: she was like NO im telling you! one person cant have a vocal range like that! it's impossible! and im like no, mom, Chris Martin is just perfect. i promise, that's chris you're hearing. :nice:

Also, I know two people who, whenever they see me, they just love to say, "Have you been listening to U2 lately? That 'Viva La Vida' song is pretty catchy, huh? best song they've had in a while." And at first I sorta just ignored it. Last time the one person said it, I fixed her with a death stare, didn't smile or say anything, and she sort of chuckled nervously. She then went on to say she even thought Chris LOOKS like Bono. My reply to this, sweetly, was "Maybe a little, except Chris is sexy." And then I left. HAHA

It really wouldn't bother me if it was a stranger saying it. I don't care THAT much. What annoys me is that they are supposed to be friends, I've told them it's not that funny and they continue the joke everytime they see me and think it's uproarious.

Hopefully the deathstare ended it though :D

I have a friend and everythime we have nothing to say he just say's;

He: Esther?

Me: Yes.

He: You used to rule world right?

Me: Uhmm...

He: Do you feel the fear in your enemy's eyes?

Me: Well..

He: But that was when you ruled the world right?

Me: Yes. ;)

Just because I listen VLV that much people are saying these things too me.. xD

or

He: Esther, how does it goes with Chris?

Gaaaah, I wish I could tell him that!

<p>

Me either. I think Guy is an attractive guy. (lol?)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>But to me he's kind of plain looking.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Chris is just sexy, and he has a personality to boot.

totally:D

n Guy reminds me of Joe Fiennes.

but I like Ralph more:D

It could be that they think this is true, just like you might think the opposite is true. It really is all personal preference in the end, but one reason more people might find Guy more attractive is because he has the straight out dark and handsome look going for him while Chris' beauty is slightly harder to find but still just as prevalent if you take the time to look. Most people don't, see his goofy antics, and don't bother to see the hot man present underneath.

Their loss.

Oh no.I never said Guy is ugly.why would I say that?

Just said I felt like writing that.In a fit of anger.

:laugh3::lol:I dont think Chris's beauty is hard to find .(but then again...you are a Guy fan)

He's got blonde blue eyed good looks and Guy's got dark good looks.

why cant people just accept they are both hot..... externally and internally.

That was my point.sort of

I have a friend and everythime we have nothing to say he just say's;

He: Esther?

Me: Yes.

He: You used to rule world right?

Me: Uhmm...

He: Do you feel the fear in your enemy's eyes?

Me: Well..

He: But that was when you ruled the world right?

Me: Yes. ;)

Just because I listen VLV that much people are saying these things too me.. xD

or

He: Esther, how does it goes with Chris?

Gaaaah, I wish I could tell him that!

Hahaha, that's very nice! :D

My friends also ask those things, like: 'Hey, how are Chris and the kids today?'.

Then I'll say: 'Yeah, they're fine, but Chris was singing about a scientist the whole day.. Is something wrong with him?'

Haha, hilarious.