The Funniest things your parents/family ever did/say about Coldplay

laurazstar

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^hahahaha

i'd be so embarrassed

i was on the Guy thread the other day and my mom popped up behind me and was like "who's this gentleman?" :embarrassed:

Fortunately my mum knows about my Coldplay obsession, but not so much the Guy side of things... :laugh3: Whereas my friends just think I'm Coldplay-obsessed and possibly stalking Guy :lol: But I don't mind - it means I can speak about him to them at least :D

My 87 year old Mom (may she rest in peace,) witnessed the Great Christopher Martin doing his famous dancing of the stars moves:D and said " I could dance like that once" so I said "Yeah Mom?" she said, "Once upon a time, but never looked as nice as him tho.":laugh3: I said, "I hear that Mom":D I miss her:( if she was alive and kicking, she sure would have gone to see the boy's with me and loved them!!!

My phone conversation yesterday with my mum:

Ani:"I'll go to London in May again."

Mum "Why? It's a thing about this band?"

Ani:"Which band? Coldplay? Not really."

Mum:"I saw an article in a magazine ... about the singer and his wife."

Ani:"Äääähm..."

Mum:" He looks really nice."

Ani:"Yeah..."

Mum:"Are you in love with him?"

Ani:"Äääähm... Mum! What do you think about me?"

Mum:"I don't know, you're alone and I thought you love him."

Ani:" Please stop it mum - next theme please!"

Oh, I really hate her!

:lol:, Nicole, that's great.

Once my mum came home and brought a copy of AROBTTH. She asked me "Do you know that band - Goldplays?" For a while I kept staring at her and then I said "You mean Coldplay, right?"

That actually was the way I got to know them properly. I took the CD, played it, fell in love... and well, you know the rest of the story :D

That happened a few months ago with a friend:

Her: "What's you favourite band again?"

Me: "Coldplay."

Her: "Goldplay?"

Me: "Coldplay."

Her: "Gholdplay??"

Me: "-Kh-OLDPLAY FFS!"

Her: "Oh you mean Goldplay"

Me: :stunned:

headWall.gif

My phone conversation yesterday with my mum:

Ani:"I'll go to London in May again."

Mum "Why? It's a thing about this band?"

Ani:"Which band? Coldplay? Not really."

Mum:"I saw an article in a magazine ... about the singer and his wife."

Ani:"Äääähm..."

Mum:" He looks really nice."

Ani:"Yeah..."

Mum:"Are you in love with him?"

Ani:"Äääähm... Mum! What do you think about me?"

Mum:"I don't know, you're alone and I thought you love him."

Ani:" Please stop it mum - next theme please!"

Oh, I really hate her!

:laugh3: she knows something :sneaky::lol:

my little brother Chris was singing "clocks" yesterday all randomly after we ate McDonald's

he sung the LRLRL version. haha i was laughing but proud of him, he messed up the words a little :P

haha i recorded him w/my webcam but he got all shy, i was like Chris come on dont be shy but he couldnt stop cracking up. ah ill catch him off guard :P

I realised that every time I talk about Coldplay in front of my (lots) younger brother, he sighs and goes 'Oh no, COLDPLAY again !' in this really disapproving voice to my mum :laugh3: And today he wanted me to copy him and he was all "I hate Coldplay" and I just stared at him and said "You know I would never say that in a million years!" It was kind of a had-to-be-there-moment, it doesn't sound so funny now :lol: And my mum said if she ever wanted to punish me she would take away all my sources of Coldplay (music, forum, everything :shocked2:) and I told her if she ever did that I would run away and go listen to them elsewhere :D

Friend: are you still on that forum called thosewhowannasleepwithchrismartindotcom?

Me: you mean coldplaying.com?

Friend: yes.:dozey:

This is hilarious :laugh3::laugh3:

Whenever my mum asks about coldplay she says: so how are your mates today?

My little brother thinks coldplay is only Chris and when their on tv he starts running around the house singing about how coldplay and although he doesn't speak English that much he knows viva la vida by heart, once we were in the car and he just broke into "I used to rule the world..." my parents were looking at me like I was becoming contagious, my sister loves coldplay though, she think Chris is the cutest thing ever and loves Guy and Johnny and says that Will is kinda scary, I'm so proud I was able to convert her :D , i came into the living room yesterday just as they were showing a video of cheis on vh1 and caught with a huge smile on her face and thatcher face she makes when looking at something she loves (:cry: tears of joy :lol:)