✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10-Sep-2008: Bercy, Paris - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Khalplay

I'm thereeee

Bloody hell THIS ONE was probably the best concert of my life XD

Review in few (long) minutes.

- Chavi and I made an ''happy birhday'' banner which Jon read 2 times, smiling and thanking her (the second time) with his head.

- I might have felt in love again with Chris XD

... ok I'll post in few minutes XD

Yay :dance:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just disappointed by something:

Most people around me, standing, had NO IDEA what the lyrics were. I was the only one to sing.

that was particularly annoying when chris asked us to sing with him at the beginning of CoL, and nobody yelled the "la la layyy".

Chris was quite surprised as he laughed and felt a bit embarrassed i think lol.

But he moved on and the crowd eventually became better at singing.

PS: that wasn't a problem yesterday for the first show!

What did Chris say about Jonny's birthday?

well as far as i can remember, nothing particular, he just came on the front of the scene with the balloons in his hand (looked like a little boy lol) and explained that it was johnny's b-day.

he asked us if we'd like to sing along with them, in english or french ;)

Ok so Last night we agreed to arrive at 7:30 am at the POPB, which I did. Two guys were already there, one of them wasn't that far from me last night, the other one is a shy coldplaying member (if you read that, I'm the short hair girl hehe). Few minutes later Mrs Pantyman (alias Chavi XD) wrote me she would be late. Indeed: she decided to sleep last night, whereas I didn't (i'm lying : I slept 1h30 gniahhhhh).

Queueing was cooler today, because people around us were friendly (they weren't yesterday), though the band didn't make any soundcheck (which helps time going faster) and the sun was burning my (very white) skin. We were totally exhausted so we tried to sleep on the ground (I actually didn't succeed in finding some sleep but she did, I swear I heard her snoring ahahah).

I got pics of that afternoon cause even if we were zombies it was quite fun : Chavi sleeping with a Chris Martin mask on her head, Chavi under a garbage bag...etc

(ps : if she tells you I was kissing the garbage bag pretending to see Chris' face on it, SHE'S LYING !!! Right XD ?)

Ok the door opened at 18:30, right on time (first difference with yesterday).

We didn't run like yesterday to be first row cause we were the first in the queue with the three nice boys so the security guys were telling us ''heyyy girls, don't run ok ? you're the first, there's no one to steal your place''. I went straight in front of what would later be Chris' mic (omg ideal place), a friend of mine was on my right and Chavi was on her right (in order to be closer to Mr Berryman, as you can guess :sneaky: )

I thought the crowd would be better than the 9th one cause people were yelling while queueing. Well, I was wrong : we didn't have any mexican wave, people were more concerned by the fact that Lenny Kravitz was there than by the fact that the concert was about to start.

Btw I did see Mr Kravitz but I didn't actually give a sh... XD

OK so mister AH.Jr entered the stage around 20:20... so we knew everything would be faster than last night. Crowd wasn't receptive to his show, and we were tired to yell his name again like yesterday. He tried some ''hey excited to see Coldplay tonight ?'' that didn't make anyone react (I mean, react quickly) so I realised our crowd wasn't that great. Anyway, he didn't stay too long cause he left at 21:00.

Short before the best band ever appeared on stage, people decided to act like a good crowd singing some ''wowowowow'' but not VLV's ones : some football ones... pity, they should have went to the Stade De France cause it wasn't as great as singing some Coldplay's one. Anyway at least they were finally showing they were waiting for Coldplay (it might be all Lenny K.'s fault who caught all the attention on him hehe)

Miller came to put some kind of cameras (one just in front of us) on the stage, I called him and said very loudly ''Spreading the R#42 love'' but he pretended he hadn't heard me though I'm sure he has haha !!!

And hop, there it was, LiT. Chris entered the stage with few balloons for Jonny's birthday and put them on the TV or something like this (couldn't see clearly but the balloons spent the whole gig there). For those of you who read my last review I've got to say: I wasn't frightened any more of not liking them so I was totally into the show from the beginning to the end. I even found a way to JUMP on LiT... dunno how I was finding all that energy cause few minutes earlier I was about to sleep on the barrier, anyway.

Then Chavi gave me my ''Jonny - A bit early" ban and she took her "Happy Birthday" one. Didn't took much time to Jon to see us and answer with a shy smile.

We tried again the masks at the end of VH but seems there's nothing to do to catch Chris' attention with those, but then again we can't be sure, we can't see clearly when we're wearing them ahah.

Well I enjoyed Clocks, In My Place and SOS like a Coldplay fan who's first row in front of Chris, which means I probably seemed crazy but I didn't care. When Chris came very close to the first row for the first time (during IMP), I kinda felt like it was definitely going to be (one of?) THE best concert I've ever went to.

I noticed Chris was very very very closed to Jonny boy on that night during IMP so I guess it was because of his birthday though he didn't say a thing about it at this time.

And here was Cemeteries which (if you remember that) I found a little disappointing last night. Well I now think it's a very strange song to hear live cause you can't express that song with your body by any movement but who cares ? It was beautiful. When the first ''singin lalalalalalay'' arrived we all sang it way too quickly and Chris laughed, we were so in a hurry XD

I don't remember all the (bloody cute) bullshits Chris said before the song (probably something like Paris crowd was perfect last night but even better today) but I remember he had a ''Wednesday issue'' ahah: he spoke like 3 times of the fact we were Wednesday as if it wasn't a day like any other.

Chinese Sleep Chant and 42 were really cool (hey I'm loosing all my vocabulary, I feel like I can't even speak a proper English anymore, my brain is just full of Coldplay right now, so I apologize)

Seeing Chris jumping just in front of me during Fix You probably turned me into an even crazier being. I discovered during that song that Chris wasn't actually staring at people and doing crazy faces to them as I thought he was last night, but he was doing that when he was seeing cameras ! I kept that in mind (even though I only had a shitty cellphone).

Strawberry is definitely one of the best songs live.

I adored GPUSAYF+Talk once again, I was the only one jumping like crazy on those (I swear you I was jumping quite high, flying in the -hot- air), music was just flowing in my veins. It's just what I except from a band on live. They f*cking (Can I ? hehe) rock !!!

The Hardest part was once again very moving though the girl fainting behind me made me come back on earth. He ended it with a solo piano. I asked Chavi if it could be Postcards from far away but she said no. So maybe she'll explain that later. Could be just a very known classic song ?

So, just like last night's concert about which I'm not really able to tell you when RoL was played, I think it's around that time that Chris came back on the scene's piano to play another awesome solo which I'm quite sure was ''Goodbye Lenin'' OST... I can be wrong but it really sounded like it.

VLV and Lost killed me again, I could feel water streaming down my legs (disgusting hehe). They were, of course, awesome. Same ''wohohohoh'', as usual now.

When they were performing The Scientist (before which Chris said Mr Kravitz was there) I once again appeared as an extra-terrestrial being because instead of singing towards the giant screens like anyone else I turned to the dark stage cause Miller was taking back his cameras next to me, I thus called him again which didn't work though he definitely heard me that time.

Still nice to hear our fav drummer singing.

I wanted the same ''cellphone screens'' show than last night during the VLV remix so I put mine in the air to show people what they had to do. It actually took them quite a long time to follow the few people who were already doing it but we did it again ! Still beautiful. Let's note the crowd started to sing some football ''wohohoho'' again instead of VLV's ones at the begining of the remix... how stupid, they noticed they were wrong later by hearing the pieces of lyrics and we ended up with a perfect ''encore'' as cool as yesterday's one.

Well I can't find words to describe Politik, Lovers and DAAHF. I'm definitely sure Politik is perfect at this time, it feels like you're starting a new Coldplay concert. I love this.

I think it's during one of those that Chris came again (as he did a lot during the concert) close to the first row and I decided to take a pic of him while there weren't many hands in the air so he turned to my phone (as I said earlier I think he stares a lot at cameras, not people) and sang while watching it for some long seconds !!! My friends told me ''OMG DID YOU GOT THAT ? ITS SO COOL'' unfortunately my cellphone was currently meeting problems so I don't have any video nor photo of this instant, pity.

When they came back for Yellow we understood it was Birthday's time so Chavi put her ''Happy Birthday'' ban in the air for the second time, Chris said it was Jonny's birthday and he went straight to the balloons to hold them. Jonny saw the banner and thanked Chavi, smiling, with his head. Guy was taking lotsa pics, maybe Chavi's banner will be on one of them. A girl came with a cake and we all sang the Happy Birthday song (too early, just like with the CoL chorus ahah)

Then yellow started and Chris, who had put the balloons at his feet, started to play with them though they got stuck to his foot, so Guy and him spent the whole song laughing. Chris was laughing while singing, and Guy was really having fun, it's the first time I was seeing him smiling like this. No need to say the song was awesome, and at the end the cameraman turned to us and zoomed on the guy on my left, when I noticed that on the screen I turned to the cameraman and I don't know what happened but he filmed me for quite a long time XD A friend who was in the back of the venue told me he could clearly see me jumping and yelling on the screen ahahah hope I'll find some vids of this.

So that must be pretty much it. You can't imagine how tired I am now and how much some of my bones are hurting me but I'm can't get my mind of this show.

Thanks god I'm seeing them in december !!

Btw Chris had his ring even if it was hidden... that's it XD

I'm thereeee

Bloody hell THIS ONE was probably the best concert of my life XD

Review in few (long) minutes.

- Chavi and I made an ''happy birhday'' banner which Jon read 2 times, smiling and thanking her (the second time) with his head.

- I might have felt in love again with Chris XD

... ok I'll post in few minutes XD

Very cool!

that was particularly annoying when chris asked us to sing with him at the beginning of CoL, and nobody yelled the "la la layyy".

Not at all, where were you ?

It was actually pretty fun cause yesterday he asked us to sing with him during the ''following song'' before CoL and he didn't this night, so what actually happened is that we were all kinda in a hurry to sing with him and we started to sing the lalalalay way too early, he wasn't even ready to play that part on guitar so he had to jump few notes (notes/chords ? I dunno) to come back where we already were. It was more funny than annoying, we even all laughed when we noticed we were singing it too fast.

I'm just disappointed by something:

Most people around me, standing, had NO IDEA what the lyrics were. I was the only one to sing.

PS: that wasn't a problem yesterday for the first show!

That was a pet-peeve of mine at the Chicago show in July. There were lots of people around me who were unfamiliar with the new songs (old songs, too). :veryangry2:

Ok so Last night we agreed to arrive at 7:30 am at the POPB, which I did. Two guys were already there, one of them wasn't that far from me last night, the other one is a shy coldplaying member (if you read that, I'm the short hair girl hehe). Few minutes later Mrs Pantyman (alias Chavi XD) wrote me she would be late. Indeed: she decided to sleep last night, whereas I didn't (i'm lying : I slept 1h30 gniahhhhh).

Queueing was cooler today, because people around us were friendly (they weren't yesterday), though the band didn't make any soundcheck (which helps time going faster) and the sun was burning my (very white) skin. We were totally exhausted so we tried to sleep on the ground (I actually didn't succeed in finding some sleep but she did, I swear I heard her snoring ahahah).

I got pics of that afternoon cause even if we were zombies it was quite fun : Chavi sleeping with a Chris Martin mask on her head, Chavi under a garbage bag...etc

(ps : if she tells you I was kissing the garbage bag pretending to see Chris' face on it, SHE'S LYING !!! Right XD ?)

We didn't run like yesterday to be first row cause we were the first in the queue with the three nice boys so the security guys were telling us ''heyyy girls, don't run ok ? you're the first, there's no one to steal your place''. I went straight in front of what would later be Chris' mic (omg ideal place), a friend of mine was on my right and Chavi was on her right (in order to be closer to Mr Berryman, as you can guess :sneaky: )

I thought the crowd would be better than the 9th one cause people were yelling while queueing. Well, I was wrong : we didn't have any mexican wave, people were more concerned by the fact that Lenny Kravitz was there than by the fact that the concert was about to start.

OK so mister AH.Jr entered the stage around 20:20... so we knew everything would be faster than last night. Crowd wasn't receptive to his show, and we were tired to yell his name again like yesterday. He tried some ''hey excited to see Coldplay tonight ?'' that didn't make anyone react (I mean, react quickly) so I realised our crowd wasn't that great. Anyway, he didn't stay too long cause he left at 21:00.

Short before the best band ever appeared on stage, people decided to act like a good crowd singing some ''wowowowow'' but not VLV's ones : some football ones... pity, they should have went to the Stade De France cause it wasn't as great as singing some Coldplay's one. Anyway at least they were finally showing they were waiting for Coldplay (it might be all Lenny K.'s fault who caught all the attention on him hehe)

Miller came to put some kind of cameras (one just in front of us) on the stage, I called him and said very loudly ''Spreading the R#42 love'' but he pretended he hadn't heard me though I'm sure he has haha !!!

And hop, there it was, LiT. Chris entered the stage with few balloons for Jonny's birthday and put them on the TV or something like this (couldn't see clearly but the balloons spent the whole gig there). For those of you who read my last review I've got to say: I wasn't frightened any more of not liking them so I was totally into the show from the beginning to the end. I even found a way to JUMP on LiT... dunno how I was finding all that energy cause few minutes earlier I was about to sleep on the barrier, anyway.

Then Chavi gave me my ''Jonny - A bit early" ban and she took her "Happy Birthday" one. Didn't took much time to Jon to see us and answer with a shy smile.

We tried again the masks at the end of VH but seems there's nothing to do to catch Chris' attention with those, but then again we can't be sure, we can't see clearly when we're wearing them ahah.

Well I enjoyed Clocks, In My Place and SOS like a Coldplay fan who's first row in front of Chris, which means I probably seemed crazy but I didn't care. When Chris came very close to the first row for the first time (during IMP), I kinda felt like it was definitely going to be (one of?) THE best concert I've ever went to.

I noticed Chris was very very very closed to Jonny boy on that night during IMP so I guess it was because of his birthday though he didn't say a thing about it at this time.

And here was Cemeteries which (if you remember that) I found a little disappointing last night. Well I now think it's a very strange song to hear live cause you can't express that song with your body by any movement but who cares ? It was beautiful. When the first ''singin lalalalalalay'' arrived we all sang it way too quickly and Chris laughed, we were so in a hurry XD

I don't remember all the (bloody cute) bullshits Chris said before the song (probably something like Paris crowd was perfect last night but even better today) but I remember he had a ''Wednesday issue'' ahah: he spoke like 3 times of the fact we were Wednesday as if it wasn't a day like any other.

Chinese Sleep Chant and 42 were really cool (hey I'm loosing all my vocabulary, I feel like I can't even speak a proper English anymore, my brain is just full of Coldplay right now, so I apologize)

Seeing Chris jumping just in front of me during Fix You probably turned me into an even crazier being. I discovered during that song that Chris wasn't actually staring at people and doing crazy faces to them as I thought he was last night, but he was doing that when he was seeing cameras ! I kept that in mind (even though I only had a shitty cellphone).

I adored GPUSAYF+Talk once again, I was the only one jumping like crazy on those (I swear you I was jumping quite high, flying in the -hot- air), music was just flowing in my veins. It's just what I except from a band on live. They f*cking (Can I ? hehe) rock !!!

The Hardest part was once again very moving though the girl fainting behind me made me come back on earth. He ended it with a solo piano. I asked Chavi if it could be Postcards from far away but she said no. So maybe she'll explain that later. Could be just a very known classic song ?

So, just like last night's concert about which I'm not really able to tell you when RoL was played, I think it's around that time that Chris came back on the scene's piano to play another awesome solo which I'm quite sure was ''Goodbye Lenin'' OST... I can be wrong but it really sounded like it.

VLV and Lost killed me again, I could feel water streaming down my legs (disgusting hehe). They were, of course, awesome. Same ''wohohohoh'', as usual now.

When they were performing The Scientist (before which Chris said Mr Kravitz was there) I once again appeared as an extra-terrestrial being because instead of singing towards the giant screens like anyone else I turned to the dark stage cause Miller was taking back his cameras next to me, I thus called him again which didn't work though he definitely heard me that time.

I wanted the same ''cellphone screens'' show than last night during the VLV remix so I put mine in the air to show people what they had to do. It actually took them quite a long time to follow the few people who were already doing it but we did it again ! Still beautiful. Let's note the crowd started to sing some football ''wohohoho'' again instead of VLV's ones at the begining of the remix... how stupid, they noticed they were wrong later by hearing the pieces of lyrics and we ended up with a perfect ''encore'' as cool as yesterday's one.

Well I can't find words to describe Politik, Lovers and DAAHF. I'm definitely sure Politik is perfect at this time, it feels like you're starting a new Coldplay concert. I love this.

I think it's during one of those that Chris came again (as he did a lot during the concert) close to the first row and I decided to take a pic of him while there wasn't much hands in the air so he turned to my phone (as I said earlier I think he stares a lot at cameras, not people) and sang while watching it for some long seconds !!! My friends told me ''OMG DID YOU GOT THAT ? ITS SO COOL'' unfortunately my cellphone was currently meeting problems so I don't have any video nor photo of this instant, pity.

When they came back for Yellow we understood it was Birthday's time so Chavi put her ''Happy Birthday'' ban in the air for the second time, Chris said it was Jonny's birthday and he went straight to the balloons to hold them. Jonny saw the banner and thanked Chavi, smiling, with his head. Guy was taking lotsa pics, maybe Chavi's banner will be on one of them. A girl came with a cake and we all sang the Happy Birthday song (too early, just like with the CoL chorus ahah)

Then yellow started and Chris, who had put the balloons at his feet, started to play with them though they got stuck to his foot, so Guy and him spent the whole song laughing. Chris was laughing while singing, and Guy was really having fun, it's the first time I was seeing him smiling like this. No need to say the song was awesome, and at the end the cameraman turned to us and zoomed on the guy on my left, when I noticed that on the screen I turned to the cameraman and I don't know what happened but he filmed me for quite a long time XD A friend who was in the back of the venue told me he could clearly see me jumping and yelling on the screen ahahah hope I'll find some vids of this.

So that must be pretty much it. You can't imagine how tired I am now and how much some of my bones are hurting me but I'm can't get my mind of this show.

wow! sounds like you all had a great time! thanks for the review!

Paris-bercy 10/09/2008

Vidéos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2a1sSIJpY]1.Lovers in Japan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibc11FPyMAc]2.Speed Of Sound[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gw_0gvwakk]3.God Put A Smile upon Your face[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEPwZzFWFg]4.Etoiles Portables[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=jaZL5vsPadM]5.Talk[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-yJwtBTfJTs]6.Clocks+In My Place[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=e8uMjb7MCdI]7.The Hardest Part+Viva La Vida[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=m40keWI_BdY]8.Pluie de Papillons[/ame]

[ame=http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=UryAmbWmqkk]9.Viva La vida[/ame]

**lolo**

I think it's during one of those that Chris came again (as he did a lot during the concert) close to the first row and I decided to take a pic of him while there weren't many hands in the air so he turned to my phone (as I said earlier I think he stares a lot at cameras, not people) and sang while watching it for some long seconds !!! My friends told me ''OMG DID YOU GOT THAT ? ITS SO COOL'' unfortunately my cellphone was currently meeting problems so I don't have any video nor photo of this instant, pity.

Great review, Chris2 ~ you'll definitely have sweet dreams tonight!

Not at all, where were you ?

It was actually pretty fun cause yesterday he asked us to sing with him during the ''following song'' before CoL and he didn't this night, so what actually happened is that we were all kinda in a hurry to sing with him and we started to sing the lalalalay way too early, he wasn't even ready to play that part on guitar so he had to jump few notes (notes/chords ? I dunno) to come back where we already were. It was more funny than annoying, we even all laughed when we noticed we were singing it too fast.

Well that makes sense, i was standing in the middle of the crowd, and where i was, people were not real fans. Not like the people you had next to you who waited hours and quite logically knew the lyrics...

So i guess i misunderstood what happenned at that point.

But really, the crowd was worse than tuesday. Indeed the football-ish singing didn't fit...