✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WE'VE FOUND THE BAKERY!! *NOW WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF* UPDATED FIRST POST!*

Bonus_mosher

Ummmmm I totally share your excitement for coldplay and everything and I love how much you love them....

...but anyone else think this is just not a good idea? I mean, rule number 1 for being a fan of anyone is to respect their wishes. If they wanted fans popping around for visits, they would probably advertise their studio address.

I mean, if you're going to pop by and say you love them or give them something, they will probably be surprised and flattered at first but you won't have made their day with them walking around feeling good about themselves. Instead, they'll be rattled and upset that their happy little private existence is at risk.

I think we should just respect and admire them from afar. Chris is always going on about how much he loves that he can have a private life and live quietly and turn his rock star on/off...I think as his fans, that's something we can give them and its a better gift than some kind of totem or letter.

I'm just not sure this is a good idea to be advertising something they want kept secret. It seems disrespectful and hurtful. Let them be happy in their own world and make great music, no?

Oh. I stand corrected. Haha and my big mouth :P

My apologies guys, I never read that before. In that case, carry on :)

Although I didn't agree with your earlier post because I already knew the band doesn't mind visitors, i'm very glad you made it. I was worried when the thread was started that some fans would go too far, and you're always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to respecting anyone's privacy, famous or not. I think it's wonderful that Chris wants the band's fans to feel able to approach them, but I'll never fault a fan for being overly concerned or respectful! So don't feel bad, and thanks for such a responsible outlook. :)

Not only when they are recording, its like their second home!

Only during periods of time when they're working on something. Lots of people have gone during "off times" and not seen anything because there is nothing there to see.;)

Although I didn't agree with your earlier post because I already knew the band doesn't mind visitors, i'm very glad you made it. I was worried when the thread was started that some fans would go too far, and you're always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to respecting anyone's privacy, famous or not. I think it's wonderful that Chris wants the band's fans to feel able to approach them, but I'll never fault a fan for being overly concerned or respectful! So don't feel bad, and thanks for such a responsible outlook. :)

People did go to far on at least one occasion that I know off. During the period where a lot of people were disappointed by the Christmas Lights boat ride (don't get me started on that.:rolleyes:), Several people reported ringing the doorbell to attempt to seek some form of redress from the band. (I guess...). Appearantly, they very briefly made it harder to actuall access the door after that, but it's reportedly back to normal now.

People did go to far on at least one occasion that I know off. During the period where a lot of people were disappointed by the Christmas Lights boat ride (don't get me started on that.:rolleyes:), Several people reported ringing the doorbell to attempt to seek some form of redress from the band. (I guess...). Appearantly, they very briefly made it harder to actuall access the door after that, but it's reportedly back to normal now.

That's EXACTLY the sort of thing I was afraid of when this thread was opened. So much of the thread is so positive because the true fans care about the people in the band, not just their fame. Coldplay fans are amazing! Not many big bands can be this accessible without great risks.

That's EXACTLY the sort of thing I was afraid of when this thread was opened. So much of the thread is so positive because the true fans care about the people in the band, not just their fame. Coldplay fans are amazing! Not many big bands can be this accessible without great risks.

To be frank, I'm not sure that Coldplay's general level of accesability isn't dangerous for the guys and their families. It only takes one crazy to ruin things. Remember that John Lennon thought Chapman was just a fan too.:\

THat's what I couldn't stop thinking at the time this thread was started. I know at least one fan tat worries me a a little. But they don't post here, and as far as I know, they're on the band's radar.

And they do have security seen or unseen, as far as I know...

They have very good security, both while on tour, and otherwise. I've seen them, and they all tend to be ex-SAS man mountain types with huge celtic tattoos. Suitably intimidating. While working of course, their looked after by Jackie and her crew. I've personally found her to be just a tad on the heavy handed side (although reports from recently seem to indicate she's mellowed a lot), but there's no doubt in my mind that she's also a bad a$# security coordinator. They're in good hands.

They have very good security, both while on tour, and otherwise. I've seen them, and they all tend to be ex-SAS man mountain types with huge celtic tattoos. Suitably intimidating. While working of course, their looked after by Jackie and her crew. I've personally found her to be just a tad on the heavy handed side (although reports from recently seem to indicate she's mellowed a lot), but there's no doubt in my mind that she's also a bad a$# security coordinator. They're in good hands.

I've also heard that she's mellowed lately. And if she's a little heavy-handed it's only because she intends to keep her charges safe no matter what. If she wants to be heavy-handed while giving me an upgrade in Toronto, So be it,lol.:D

I've also heard that she's mellowed lately. And if she's a little heavy-handed it's only because she intends to keep her charges safe no matter what. If she wants to be heavy-handed while giving me an upgrade in Toronto, So be it,lol.:D

It's not really her dealing with fans that I meant I guess. She developed a somewhat negative reputation among people I know who worked local crew for their shows over the years, the only member of the band's touring crew I've ever heard bad things about.

It's not really her dealing with fans that I meant I guess. She developed a somewhat negative reputation among people I know who worked local crew for their shows over the years, the only member of the band's touring crew I've ever heard bad things about.

Yeah, I can see that I only know a few local crew that have worked shows in Toronto and any that dealt with Coldlplay only say the nicest things, but as I said, I understand if she's over-protective or overly picky.

Yeah, I can see that I only know a few local crew that have worked shows in Toronto and any that dealt with Coldlplay only say the nicest things, but as I said, I understand if she's over-protective or overly picky.

Oh, absolutely, it's better than being the other way given the nature of her job.

So, next weekend I'm in London and the first thing I thought was "I'll try to find the Bakery!" althought I already know they are not there as they are playing in the US. Of course I'd like to meet them if they were in London as I listen to their music since Yellow, etc. but I just want to see the place where this magic is created (and leave them a message: Barcelona, when? :P). However, my time in London is short and it is not as easy as I thought to go there. So, maybe next time I'll try better...

But if I find the place next weekend, I'll show you haha

Last year I went to Europe for the first time in my life. London was on my itinerary. I knew I just had to go to the bakery.

I stopped by there, it was amazing. No one was there (except for other fans)), but it felt really special to be there. I left them a note (I doubt they ever saw it). It said, amongst other things, "This will be my generation's Abbey Road".

Last year I went to Europe for the first time in my life. London was on my itinerary. I knew I just had to go to the bakery.

I stopped by there, it was amazing. No one was there (except for other fans)), but it felt really special to be there. I left them a note (I doubt they ever saw it). It said, amongst other things, "This will be my generation's Abbey Road".

: was there just before they moved in to the bakery, but if I go back I'll probably leave the How We See The World CD. I think they'd love to know what their fans are inspired to do for others because of them. I know they get probably hundreds of things left there thet they'll never keep, but putting myself in their shoes, I'm pretty sure they'd like that one. :)