✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Oct-08: East Rutherford, NJ (2nd night)- Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

Ok I'm running so late, my hair's dripping here, but I had to come and tell you guys...I just heard on the radio 101.9 NY station, they'll be talking w/ Coldplay backstage tonight at 6(in half hr)!!!!! And something about playing their fave songs, so probably pre-recorded. You can listen online...just look up 101.9 NY or something...

(ok that's it now i'm really not posting anymore LOL!!!)

text ya later Mel!:kiss:

I'm going tonight Section 106 row 1!

cool :D have fun!!

Ok I'm running so late, my hair's dripping here, but I had to come and tell you guys...I just heard on the radio 101.9 NY station, they'll be talking w/ Coldplay backstage tonight at 6(in half hr)!!!!! And something about playing their fave songs, so probably pre-recorded. You can listen online...just look up 101.9 NY or something...

(ok that's it now i'm really not posting anymore LOL!!!)

text ya later Mel!:kiss:

I'm guessing that these guys

http://www.1019rxp.com/

COLDPLAY concert tonight!!!

I had been planning on attending the Literacy Signing at the NJ RWA Conference this past Saturday since at least May or June, but instead had the really fantastic opportunity to take the girls to see the 2008 Tour of Gymnastics Superstars show at the IZOD Center. It was a really great afternoon, and the excitement and joy on both of my daughter's faces the whole day weekend was priceless. The show is a choreographed performance of freestyle-type gymnastics routines featuring members of the men's and women's olympic teams as well as about a dozen other very talented performers. My youngest has been a fan of Nastia Liukin since before the Olympics, so we were so thrilled to see her perform.

So while we were at the IZOD Center, I had an impulsive moment of inspiration and decided to find out if there were any tickets available to see the alternative Rock band Coldplay in concert either Sunday or Monday night (tonight). It turns out Sunday's show was sold out but there were a handful of tickets available for Monday night's performance, so I bought two tickets for tonight's show! Since my husband isn't crazy about the band, I'm taking my thirteen year old daughter to her first ever rock concert (Sorry, I don't count the Jonas Brothers) and we're both super super excited. My husband was surprised that I was willing to take her to a concert on a school night, but she's a straight A student in honors classes and helps out with her sister and or my father-in-law without too much complaining, so I say 'why not?'--it's a great mom and daughter night out while she still doesn't mind being with me. Besides, I really want to go!!!

I told her I'd try to act and long young so she didn't feel too awkward. I asked her what she thought I should wear to look younger and she said, "A push-up bra." Niiiiiice. She said she was kidding, but I don't know. I don't think something like that would fly so fast out of her mouth if there wasn't some grain of truth to that. I told her they're the way they are because they nourished her for all those months and months when I breastfed her. And months. Embarrassment and guilt are a few of the best weapons of revenge against a teenager. Heh.

Last night my husband said he thinks I'm going to regret taking her to the Coldplay concert tonight--that she's too young and will be exposed to inappropriate behavior of audience members. Maybe I'm naive, but I'm thinking it won't be so bad. And maybe it's a good thing that I'm taking her to her first real concert, so we both find out what it's like these days before she starts wanting to go on her own with friends. I don't know, I haven't been to a grown up concert in ages. I think the last concert I went to was to see Sting on his Dream of the Blue Turtles tour in 1985. Could it be that long ago? Oh wait. I went to see jazz musician Pat Metheny in 1992 maybe. Oy! I've got to get out more.

So what was the last concert you've been to? And who would you want to see in concert if you had the opportunity?

We have floor seats FLOOR SEATS! at tonight's Coldplay concert. Nothing like diving right back into the concert scene full force, eh? Here's a video of Coldplay performing the single "Lost" from their current best selling ablum Viva La Vida.

http://theromanticlife.blogspot.com/2008/10/coldplay-concert-tonight.html

hey guys-- I know I don't post here much at all, but I am a huge coldplay fan, have been forever, and I have been checking these forums every day.

Anyway, I am at the show right now. Duffy just started performing "serious". I think i'll post periodic updates throughout the night, such as setlists, etc

Ok, there my little intro-- talk to you soon!