✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How to meet Coldplay "Tactics"

chileandude1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I want to meet Jonny, I just give him a call and ask when he's at home to see if I can visit him sometime.

Now you might ask yourself how I got his phone number? Simple, I just asked Chris for it.

Oh, I've just met for coffee...didn't want to intrude on the home life, you know. :laugh3:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
is anyone going to the Atlanta concert and going to try to meet them??

I'm going to the Atlanta concert, but I don't know if I'll be able to come extra early yet (I'm coming down from Tennessee :sneaky:), but if you have any ideas, let me know--an opportunity to meet Coldplay isn't one I'll just pass up! (:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl show on the 4th and would DIE to meet the boys!!!

Any suggestions?! I've never been to the HWB and I can only imagine that security is going to be ridiculous!

Has anyone been there that may know the in's and out's of the venue?! Or where I could possibly stand to meet them!??!

Anything helps! Thank youuu!

• 5 weeks later...

Best chance of meeting Coldplay personally?

Is there a way I can speak to the band personally, through competitions or whatever. I don't want to come across as needy to them though, I'd just find it somewhat pleasing to speak to them all. There's some kind of bond I've made that needs fulfilling, and the only way would be to meet them

I've met them a total of three times. The first two times I was a "mere" fan after them in the city. It wasn't enough for me. So I made it me goal do work as hard as I could to meet them in a different setting.

So last year I got hired to work at Rock in Rio - one of the biggest festivals in the world. This was before they had announced any bands, but I went for it and it was the best job I've ever had in my life. About three months into it I found out they booked Coldplay to play the day after my bday. The 10 months after that were pretty intense.

I made sure everyone knew how special they were to me and how long I had been waiting for that.

The day they performed I saw several crew members walking by me throughout the day.

The moning of the day they performed, I actually went into their "common area" backstage. It was pretty crazy. I felt weird being there - I wasn't invited but there also wasn't anyone saying I couldn't be there - so I left after taking a glance.

This is what happened later that day after they came in:

313078_2008003399660_1230932042_32911677_2112970110_n.jpg

I was there professionally, so I couldn't really be a fan.

I was asking them if they could give an interview for the festival's website - that's what I was working on, the official website and social media profiles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd go early if it's the last night in that city. I hung out along with some other Coldplayers after the July 9th show in DC. Despite security saying don't bother we stayed.

Then later another security person told us since it was their final night in the city they left straight away and caught the last British Airways flight from Dulles to Heathrow. She seemed pretty tuned in and was actually pretty nice and gave us some details of how they do a runner at the venue. She claimed the band never sticks around but I knew that wasn't true having read about people meeting them after some shows.

She told us the band had family in town and they went to a sushi place near Verizon Center after the first show on the 8th, had a big party to celebrate their upcoming break and didn't go back to the hotel until around 4:00AM.

She said they stayed at Hotel Monaco which is a small boutique hotel right down the street from Verizon Center. Just in case we hung around longer until one of the roadies came up and said they left so I did too. Of course he could have been lying in which case I'll curl up into a ball and die!

What worked for me twice is waiting for them at the back door after the gig. You have to be patient and nice with the security. Don't listen to them if they say they have left already or they're leaving by cars. Both times Chris was in his car ready to take the road and he stopped it to come to see his fans. He's really sweat and nice, I'm sure if he has time to take some pictures and sign some autographs he'll do it.

I met Chris twice and Jonny once, but I never had the chance to meet Guy and Will. I'm going to the two gigs in Boston so I'm gonna try again. If some of you want to try with me they're welcome !

I'm going to the two gigs in Boston so I'm gonna try again. If some of you want to try with me they're welcome !

I'm going to the second show and I'm planning on sticking around the venue too. :)

I saw Coldplay in D.C twice July 8th and 9th. We had a pretty bad storm so I didn't wait on the 8th and I really regret it because he actually came out to sign stuff for people that night. The second night I waited but since the D.C show was the last one before their 2 week break, apparently they left the Verizon Center asap. We waited about an extra hour plus for them to come out and all the security people said they left a long time ago. We started to believe them once people with Coldplay MX passes told us they left. On the plus side, we did get to meet Wolf Gang while waiting for Coldplay! They were really nice and let us take a picture.

So for future concerts, I'll probably start seeing both of their shows in the area and will always wait outside after the concert! I used to think the chances of meeting Coldplay was really rare but it seems very possible now. I mean on the 8th my friend and I were lucky enough to get upgraded from nose bleed to front row seats so anythings possible! Jonny even acknowledged me twice during that concert which was super awesome! Coldplay is just awesome!

319462_10151098931810329_375815039_n.jpg

I'd go early if it's the last night in that city. I hung out along with some other Coldplayers after the July 9th show in DC. Despite security saying don't bother we stayed.

Then later another security person told us since it was their final night in the city they left straight away and caught the last British Airways flight from Dulles to Heathrow. She seemed pretty tuned in and was actually pretty nice and gave us some details of how they do a runner at the venue. She claimed the band never sticks around but I knew that wasn't true having read about people meeting them after some shows.

She told us the band had family in town and they went to a sushi place near Verizon Center after the first show on the 8th, had a big party to celebrate their upcoming break and didn't go back to the hotel until around 4:00AM.

She said they stayed at Hotel Monaco which is a small boutique hotel right down the street from Verizon Center. Just in case we hung around longer until one of the roadies came up and said they left so I did too. Of course he could have been lying in which case I'll curl up into a ball and die!

I was there waiting with you! I was so bummed that night. It was nice getting to meet Wolf Gang though. I'm considering going to the NJ shows Aug 3rd and 4th and try my chances of meeting them after the concert..

• 1 month later...

How To Meet Coldplay?!

Post facts, tips and information on how to meet Coldplay or any of the members:

*Hang around outside Chris Martin's house in belsize Park, London

*Sneak backstage at a gig

*Go to an Oxfam charity gig whenever you can

*Visit their two London studios (The Bakery and The Beehive) InCamdem

*Go to where the special access cars go during a gig

*Look out for a big black German SUV, they should be inside it

ANYMORE TIPS????

Post facts, tips and information on how to meet Coldplay or any of the members:

*Hang around outside Chris Martin's house in belsize Park, London