✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Aug-2009: MCH Arena, Herning, Denmark - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

My goodness! 4 new songs introduced. Must be the first time they've played Speed Of Sound in it's fullness since they were in the UK in December. Also Will Champion singing Til Kingdom Come! Wow! I really am hoping they re introduce A Rush Of Blood To The Head to the setlist soon.

Also is that a new stage they've got with the huge screen behind them or was it always part of the Herning stage?

My goodness! 4 new songs introduced. Must be the first time they've played Speed Of Sound in it's fullness since they were in the UK in December. Also Will Champion singing Til Kingdom Come! Wow! I really am hoping they re introduce A Rush Of Blood To The Head to the setlist soon.

Also is that a new stage they've got with the huge screen behind them or was it always part of the Herning stage?

The huge screen behind was there for White Lies too but it was not used really , just to show a big white W. But when Coldplay came it was used to play all sorts of things, like planets and stars during Speed Of Sound, the balloons during Yellow ,etc. It was really cool!

Does anyone know whether there are always two kinds of butterly confetti or is this the first time the used fluorescent ones?

To the people who were at this show: how many hours before the show did you get there, to get a good spot? Just to know when I have to be there in The Netherlands next month :dance:

I got there around 10 am and I was one of the first, although that by no means guaranteed me the first row. I had to run like a mad woman to get it. It was a gruelling experience but all worth it to see them so up close and to see the awesome special effects

Posted by Zeya in the Coldplay updates thread. Amazing official photos! :D

New picspam by Anchorman!!! :dance:

hernithmb.jpgPictures from the Herning show

August 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Snaps from the first gig of the European tour

news_line.png

Good afternoon. We went along to Herning in Denmark yesterday to check out Coldplay's first show of the European tour. The crowd was amazing, the show was fantastic, the weather was decidedly patchy and we took some pictures:

herni1.jpg

Blue skies and heavy machinery, as the finishing touches are put to the new stage

herni2.jpg

That thing hanging down at the back is known as an LED wall - aka an absolutely massive telly

herni3.jpg

A mic's eye view

herni4.jpg

The dressing rooms are in FC Midtjylland's new football stadium next to the venue

herni4a.jpg

Pretty soon, a ball is procured and a sun-soaked kickabout ensues

herni5.jpg

The band's trusty travelling wardrobes

herni6.jpg

You don't have to be mad to work here etc...

herni7.jpg

A popcorn machine action shot

herni8.jpg

Alas, the blue sky is no more

herni9.jpg

White Lies' rocking set warms the crowd up nicely

herni10.jpg

Guy plays some mandolin in the dressing room as the minutes tick down to stage time

herni13.jpg

The pre-show huddle, complete with Coldplay's elusive fifth member, Mr Phil Harvey

herni12.jpg

It's a definite thumbs up from Jonny.

herni13a.jpg

Atomic strobes?!

herni14.jpg

Beware Mr Champion with a leaf blower

herni15.jpg

The crowd's enthusiasm isn't dampened by the drizzle

herni16.jpg

Let the show commence!

herni17.jpg

Jonny throws himself into Violet Hill

herni18.jpg

Two guitars are better than one...

herni19.jpg

...and so are two heads

herni20.jpg

After a cracking show, the band say goodnight

Anchorman

I'm loving this post by Anchorman...Full of photos and the funny comments.. (two guitars and two heads and also Will's photo with leaf blower :lol:)

Just the perfect blog for me :D

Anyway, is it just me or Chris has two pairs of the same shoes? :lol:

How was Chris's interaction with the crowd? Did he seem happy and talkative or was he still alittle under the weather?

He was talkative as far as I could tell. He cracked jokes, talked about the bad weather. His voice was also in perfect shape. He did seem a tad tired if you looked at his face but it certainly did not let it show as he jumped around and was his usual charming self.

He was talkative as far as I could tell. He cracked jokes, talked about the bad weather. His voice was also in perfect shape. He did seem a tad tired if you looked at his face but it certainly did not let it show as he jumped around and was his usual charming self.

Oh very good, the pics usually show him at least smiling in a few and to me he did look tired, I am glad everyone had a great show!!!

So they finally brought back Speed of Sound...I'm still baffled as to why it was kicked out in the first place.

But TIL KINGDOM COME? That's the last song I ever expected to replace DWNC (which the novelty had worn off of by this point). Can't wait for a video of that and I'm now envious of the European tour for it. :P

Oh, the pictures look amazing! I wish I could experience a European concert crowd once. Bad weather doesn't stop them from having a great time.