✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Aug-2009: MCH Arena, Herning, Denmark - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, are you one of those girls I convinced to join Coldplaying.com at the concert yesterday?:D

Welcome by the way:nice:.

Hey RoosAnne, thanks very much :) No, I don't remember talking with anyone at the concert, except my brother and mother :laugh3:

Oh well .. :lol:

I'm glad you found Coldplaying yourself then :D

Me too :D I discovered it a couple of months ago :wink3: Where were you at the concert? My guess would be front row, closest to the main stage? :D

*edit* - silly me - a quick look at your signature would clarify that you were on the second row! nice :D i was at the front row to the stage where only Chris and Jonny appeared (...) :P

Me too :D I discovered it a couple of months ago :wink3: Where were you at the concert? My guess would be front row, closest to the main stage? :D

Oh, cool!:dance:

That's right! Or, my 10- and 12-year-old sisters stood at the front row and I stood right behind them on the second row.:P

What about you and your family?

Can anyone tell me whether the butterfly confetti usually come in two different versions? Paper and fluorescent? Or was it also something new done for the stadium concerts?

It wasn't done specially for the outdoor/stadium shows but they had paper/metallic butterflies already last year in September, so no, it wasn't new :)

Can anyone tell me whether the butterfly confetti usually come in two different versions? Paper and fluorescent? Or was it also something new done for the stadium concerts?

Butterflies come in tissue-like paper, flourescent, and shiny metallic.

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

From the Irvine, CA show July 19, 2009.

Oh, cool!:dance:

That's right! Or, my 10- and 12-year-old sisters stood at the front row and I stood right behind them on the second row.:P

What about you and your family?

We were at the front row to the stage where only Chris and Jonny appeared (...) :P Perfect position, IMO :)

Allright guys, I suppose it's time for a review now..

We (my family and I) arrived at the venue at 11.15 am., were already nine people were queueing (including Valypan:nice:). At 13.30 my father and I went looking for something to eat, as the soundcheck startet. At the other side of the venue we found a place where we could look over the fence and we saw Guy, Jonny and Will! They were quite far away but we kept waving and finally Will waved back to us. On this other side of the venue I also met Julie (ClocksInMyPlace) and her brother which I had been so excited about! She's such a sweet girl - she gave me a Coldplay bracelet as an early birthday present. (Like the one she once had a picture of in her atvatar!) Aww - thanks again!:hug:

Well.. Then untill 18.00 we were just queueing........ :rolleyes:

We made it to the front row! The support acts (Moi Caprice and White Lies) were both very good.

Before the concert when they were fixing the last things before Coldplay, Miller was so close to us! I shouted his name for like 10 times, but unfortunatly he didn't hear. :(

And then - about 21.15 - it happened. They guys came on stage! :dance: WE WENT CRAZYYYYY.

But well, what can I say about the concert? It was almost an exact copy of all other concerts. Exept from the fact that they played Till Kingdom Come and SOS. Chris wasn't all fit for fight, imo. He looked tired and even though he smiled alot, the expression on his face was quite cold. But that didn't hold him back from running and jumping as usual :wacky:. He dedicated the last part of Yellow to Jonny which was so sweet but yeah, he does that at every concert, right?:rolleyes: At the end of the gig, Chris thanked White Lies, "The band before White Lies" (he couldn't remember their name :lol:) and their fifth member, Phil. :smug:

So, exept from the fact that there weren't big changes in the setlist and Chris wasn't quite allright, it was such a great concert!! Thanks again, again, again and again guys :heart:.

Right after the concert my 10-year-old sister was handed a setlist from one of the security people. He must have seen that little girl standing front row singing along with all the songs :lol:. Then my family and Julie walked around the venue looking for some place for them to come out to get a picture and autograph, but unfortunately we had to give up. :(

One of my best friends who also attented the concert, called my afterwards and told me he had seen me on the big screen which I found pretty cool. :cool: haha.

I'm finally back on my little island from my 1st Coldplay show. The show was fantastic!!!! :bomb: Fucking great night! :dance: I have never screamed, jumped and sung along that much!

I was in 2nd row. :dance: If you haven't read my tweets you can find them here

I've been desperate to come back on here as I need someone who understands to quote Til Kingdom Come since I've had watery eyes like 1000 times today when thinking about that it's over. :cry:

I will write detailed review. I took some photos but they were all blurry. :angry: :( Stupid camera phone. :angry: The videos turned out a lot better actually (though my focus is really bad and I sometimes accidentally block the microphone :confused:). I will post that too.

So does anyone have Til Kingdom Come on video?

I filmed the magic balls where they were screened during TKC, but what you can hear the most is a girl singing along very loudly and badly. :uhoh: :confused: In fact, she ruins all of my videos, because she can't keep her mouth shut. Of course, I have no idea who that is... :whistle:

On this other side of the venue I also met Julie (ClocksInMyPlace) and her brother which I had been so excited about! She's such a sweet girl - she gave me a Coldplay bracelet as an early birthday present. (Like the one she once had a picture of in her atvatar!) Aww - thanks again!:hug:

Aww, you're very sweet too. :hug:

Great review Roos. :nice: I agree on what you said about Chris.

Plus, I thought his voice sounded a little not like him when he talked, so I guess he was still a bit influenced by the illness.

I miss them SOOOO much already! :bigcry:

I have really mixed emotions... I get watery eyes when I think about the gig, that it's over... I can hardly hear a Coldplay song without becoming in tears, but I'm kind of addicted, so I need to see them, so I watched some interviews on my iPod. It helped a little. But I'm also still overwhelmed and happy that it really happened, yet it happened so fast that I can't remember much or couldn't really realise it. Plus I'm really tired from lack of sleep, so maybe I should just go to bed to get my head cleared? Aaaah!!! :freak: Does anyone understand me? :(

I filmed the magic balls where they were screened during TKC, but what you can hear the most is a girl singing along very loudly and badly. :uhoh: :confused: In fact, she ruins all of my videos, because she can't keep her mouth shut. Of course, I have no idea who that is... :whistle:

Plus, I thought his voice sounded a little not like him when he talked, so I guess he was still a bit influenced by the illness.

I have really mixed emotions... I get watery eyes when I think about the gig, that it's over... I can hardly hear a Coldplay song without getting teary, but I'm kind of addicted, so I need to see them, so I watched some interviews on my iPod. But I'm also still overwhelmed and happy that it really happened, yet it happened so fast that I can't remember much or couldn't really realise it. Plus I'm really tired from lack of sleep, so maybe I should just go to bed to get my head cleared? Aaaah!!! :freak: Does anyone understand me? :(

Julie, I totally understand. I saw them 2 nights in a row in California, in July, and after a week, had such withdrawals that I decided I needed to see their last show in Tampa. I made arrangements, booked my flight and hotel, and flew all the way across the US from California to Florida (2 flights, 6 hours flight time). Only to land and find out the concert was "postponed." I could not change my travel plans without it costing a lot of extra money, so I stayed in Florida, meeting up with some other coldplayers, and we tried to have fun. But I'm still so sad that I didn't get to see them one more time. I keep waiting for the reschedule or even cancellation information. I have an awesome audio recording of the second show and I keep listening to it - hearing it over makes me realize how much I didn't catch when it was live, Chris's little quips and remarks, his shout outs, and jokes.

It's horrible that they have this kind of effect on people! :bomb:

I have really mixed emotions... I get watery eyes when I think about the gig, that it's over... I can hardly hear a Coldplay song without becoming in tears, but I'm kind of addicted, so I need to see them, so I watched some interviews on my iPod. It helped a little. But I'm also still overwhelmed and happy that it really happened, yet it happened so fast that I can't remember much or couldn't really realise it. Plus I'm really tired from lack of sleep, so maybe I should just go to bed to get my head cleared? Aaaah!!! :freak: Does anyone understand me? :(

I am soo glad you had a great time Julie :D! I totally understand you, I was the same last year haha!

Hi Julie, When I read your post it was like reading my own thoughts! So I DEFINITELY understand what you say! I was also tired and this morning I could not believe everything happened so fast yesterday it was like a dream! When you do wake up tomorrow, maybe it will all come back to you. This morning I just started remembering all the great moments in the concert and I always get teary if I think about it. It was great to have been there! I am sorry I did not get to see you as I was actually queueing at gate B, but roosanne told me all about you :) And yep I am getting addicted too and wondering what concert I will go to next!

MUST HEAR Will singing Till Kingdom Come !!

^yep.I.WANT.WILL

Anyone find/post a vid of this yet?!?!:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Somebody has to have filmed it, right?!?!

Aww Julie:nice::lol: I wanna the vid anyway, even with a wonderful(even if out of tune)accompaniment :wink:

And I totally understand becoming all emotional due to Coldplay...I got so excited just reading through this thread....thinking of all the wonderful memories, friends, and upcoming events in my life, all thanks to Coldplay:D:bigcry::nice:

It's horrible that they have this kind of effect on people! :bomb:

Seriously. It's terrible but wonderful at the same time.

That's normal. They also have a few of the shiny, metallic ones. When I saw them on Halloween, they shot out bats instead of butterflies. I didn't get any b/c of where we were sitting, but how cool is that?

Yeah, welcome back to Europe SPEED OF SOUND!!! I like such setlist evolution, waiting for Trouble..:dozey:

YAY! SOS is back!! I'm still super psyched they played 'Trouble' in Dallas... I'm so surprised it's the only show so far, but makes me happy I was there :)

Hopefully they will play it at one of the stadium shows! :thumbsup:

That's normal. They also have a few of the shiny, metallic ones. When I saw them on Halloween, they shot out bats instead of butterflies. I didn't get any b/c of where we were sitting, but how cool is that?

That´s TOTALLY cool! It just shows how much attention to details they devote to each show. That´s also why we love them :)