✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Aug-2009: MCH Arena, Herning, Denmark - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

I filmed the magic balls where they were screened during TKC, but what you can hear the most is a girl singing along very loudly and badly. :uhoh: :confused: In fact, she ruins all of my videos, because she can't keep her mouth shut. Of course, I have no idea who that is... :whistle:

BUT I WANT WILL... :( :( :(

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie, I totally understand. I saw them 2 nights in a row in California, in July, and after a week, had such withdrawals that I decided I needed to see their last show in Tampa. I made arrangements, booked my flight and hotel, and flew all the way across the US from California to Florida (2 flights, 6 hours flight time). Only to land and find out the concert was "postponed." I could not change my travel plans without it costing a lot of extra money, so I stayed in Florida, meeting up with some other coldplayers, and we tried to have fun. But I'm still so sad that I didn't get to see them one more time. I keep waiting for the reschedule or even cancellation information. I have an awesome audio recording of the second show and I keep listening to it - hearing it over makes me realize how much I didn't catch when it was live, Chris's little quips and remarks, his shout outs, and jokes.

It's horrible that they have this kind of effect on people! :bomb:

I'm so sorry your show got cancelled. :( Thank you for the empathy.

I especially recognize what you say about not remembering Chris's little jokes, remarks and shout outs and his movements... It all happened so fast. Some of it is coming back to me, especially when I see videos. :blush:

I am soo glad you had a great time Julie :D! I totally understand you, I was the same last year haha!

Thanks, Rania. :hug:

Hi Julie, When I read your post it was like reading my own thoughts! So I DEFINITELY understand what you say! I was also tired and this morning I could not believe everything happened so fast yesterday it was like a dream! When you do wake up tomorrow, maybe it will all come back to you. This morning I just started remembering all the great moments in the concert and I always get teary if I think about it. It was great to have been there! I am sorry I did not get to see you as I was actually queueing at gate B, but roosanne told me all about you :) And yep I am getting addicted too and wondering what concert I will go to next!

I'm so glad to come here, where people understand me. :cheesy: I couldn't try to explain it to my mum. I felt quite alone with it yesterday. :(

Today, I'm REALLY happy to have been there. It was such a big and fantastic experience.

I'm really glad that I have my next concert (at Wembley) to look forward to. :dance:

Aww Julie:nice::lol: I wanna the vid anyway, even with a wonderful(even if out of tune)accompaniment :wink:

And I totally understand becoming all emotional due to Coldplay...I got so excited just reading through this thread....thinking of all the wonderful memories, friends, and upcoming events in my life, all thanks to Coldplay:D:bigcry::nice:

Seriously. It's terrible but wonderful at the same time.

:hug:

I will post it. :smiley:

Yeah, they're killing us... :bomb:

I got a plastic bag full of butterflies from the Herning show!!!:flutterby::flutterby::flutterby:
I've got lots of butterflies too. :D By brother helped me filling his pockets. I don't know why I forgot that I had bags in my handbag atm. :confused:

I filmed the magic balls where they were screened during TKC, but what you can hear the most is a girl singing along very loudly and badly. :uhoh: :confused: In fact, she ruins all of my videos, because she can't keep her mouth shut. Of course, I have no idea who that is... :whistle:

Hahahhahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww don't worry Julie, I'm sure that your loud singing and squeeeing is adorable, plus, we've all done it :blush: and I'm sure we're all used to it by now :wink: :D

For the love of Will, please post it!! :bomb:

Aww, you're very sweet too. :hug:

Great review Roos. :nice: I agree on what you said about Chris.

Plus, I thought his voice sounded a little not like him when he talked, so I guess he was still a bit influenced by the illness.

I miss them SOOOO much already! :bigcry:

I have really mixed emotions... I get watery eyes when I think about the gig, that it's over... I can hardly hear a Coldplay song without becoming in tears, but I'm kind of addicted, so I need to see them, so I watched some interviews on my iPod. It helped a little. But I'm also still overwhelmed and happy that it really happened, yet it happened so fast that I can't remember much or couldn't really realise it. Plus I'm really tired from lack of sleep, so maybe I should just go to bed to get my head cleared? Aaaah!!! :freak: Does anyone understand me? :(

Awwwwww :hug: I'm sorry that the Coldplay withdrawal hit you already :(

Try listening to LRLRL and looking at your vids, those made me so happy that they really helped :nice: And don't worry, we all understand how you feel :hug: :hug: :hug:

Anchorman put up an official video from the concert. check it out!

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=473

I really shouldn't have watched this video as it makes me even more nervous about next week than I already am. :rolleyes: :lol:

But it was very nice, though. And this new big screen is really impressive! :stunned:

I'd still love to see a video of Will singing Till Kingdom Come, though. :D It's one of my favourite songs and I really hope it'll still be on the setlist next week. :)

Are you in that second video? Or? I dont understand a thing so???

No, sorry if I gave that impression. They are just good pictures and a nice video with some parts of the songs. For example the start of In My Place where Jonny hits the wrong note. :lol: (I remember thinking for a split second "What?!" when it started :lol:)

My In My Place video [shaky - bad focus - bad audio]

My video of In My Place (minus the start) is now up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZDGyx5hXo]YouTube - Coldplay "In My Place" live from Herning, Denmark 16th of August 2009 (16.08.09)[/ame]

This became a worse quality than it was to begin with. Does anyone know a good free software to rotate videos without converting them to a different file type? I'm desperate for one.

Herning thread

Fantastic performance by Coldplay in Herning, but Chris Martin’s voice sounded a bit metallic at times imo. He was full of energy and did not spare his voice or himself, but ran from one side of the stage to the other and used the ramps a lot. I was standing close to the ramp on Jonny’s side, and in one of the pictures taken (I think it was taken by the Anchorman and posted on coldplay.com) you can see me standing close to the stage very close to the rail beside the ramp on Jonny’s side wearing a red wind breaker / wind cheater and beige trousers. I think that Chris’ hair was reduced by a few centimetres which is fine with me as I quite like him with curly hair. One of the highlights for me is the end of “Viva la Vida” where Chris lies down for a good minute and then rolls backwards to get up. He did that on “my” ramp 3 metres from where I was standing – one from the Danish crew was standing between the ramp and the rail, partly blocking my view! I thought, “Oh, no”, but was able to see Chris rolling backwards in order to get up. Another highlight for me was Jonny & Chris on the ramp at the end of “In My Place” where Chris lies down and Jonny helps him to get up. The audience including me was active singing the choruses of “Fix You” and “Viva la Vida” – it was very nice indeed. I was very pleased to hear “Speed of Sound” accompanied by a wonderful journey through the universe on the big screen. It was quite amazing. Will was singing “Till Kingdom Comes”, and I particularly loved the bit where Chris and Will are singing a verse together – I really like the sound of their voices combined. The guitar technician had a very busy evening – I think that Jonny used all the guitars available to him during the 2 hours! The guitar technician also had to bring him another guitar in the middle of songs – at least 3 times!! Just before the encore, immediately before the bow taken by Coldplay, each Coldplay member went to the ramps alone and clapped and smiled. The Danish newspapers were generally positive in their reviews of the concert giving 4* out of 6 possible.

The Coldplay performance was the highlight of my trip to Herning. I had a good trip to Herning by train, but lost the spectacles I use for reading, but I hope to get them back. I contacted the Danish State Railways and the concert venue, but my spectacles have not yet been found. I was about to have new spectacles anyway, because my sight has deteriorated, but the expensive titanium frame could have been used again! On my way from Herning to Copenhagen by train I had a problem with my seat reservation. I had bought a return ticket and seat reservations from Copenhagen to Herning and from Herning to Copenhagen. But the date on both seat reservation tickets said 16 August. I asked at the place where I bought the ticket and the person controlling the ticket in the train if that might constitute any problem. No, was the answer. But on my way back a lady was sitting in “my” seat having a seat reservation with the date 17 August on it. So I was told by the person controlling the ticket in the train to move around, if there was a seat available. That would not be the case after Odense situated halfway between Herning and Copenhagen. So I got off the train and had a free ticket from Odense to Copenhagen by a train arriving in Copenhagen 4 minutes later than the train I was originally on. So alright. During the opening acts on 16 August I found out that my mobile phone was switched off, and I was told to enter the PIN code. Never switching off the telephone, I could not remember the pin code (had only used it once 5 or 6 months earlier). I had been in contact with RoosAnne via text messages and would have sent her a SMS asking her where she was standing so I could meet her to say “hello”. I understand from her very good report that she was standing not so far away from where I was standing so I really would have liked to say “hallo”.

On my train home from Copenhagen there were signal problems on the railway meaning that the train would eventually arrive with a delay of 30 minutes. But despite all this, I have not regretted going to the Coldplay concert, and I am able to smile at what happened. VIVA LA VIDA!

BBC programme from 2009 with recordings of Coldplay performances from year 2000 until the Summer of 2008 as shown on Swedish Television channel 1 (SVT1) on Tuesday, 18 August 2009 at 20 o’clock to 20.50 and again from SVT1 on Wednesday, 19 August from 23.40 to 0.30)

Narrator: Steve Lamaco

1. Violet Hill (from outside the BBC before an audience in 2008).

2. Shiver (from 2000).

3. Yellow (from 2000).

4. Trouble (from 2000). Narrator: It’s from the 1st album “Parachutes”, which went to no. 1 on the UK album chart.

5. Spies (according to the narrator banned in China as being an anti-communist song).

6. In My Place (from the 2002 album “A Rush of Blood to the Head”).

7. The Scientist. Narrator: Chris Martin was inspired by George Harrison’s “All Things Must Pass” to make this song.

8. Clocks (from 2003). Narrator: Grammy winner and I-Tunes’ all-time biggest seller.

9. T in the Park / Glastonbury Festival. The melody was Louis Armstrong’s “What A Wonderful World” and Chris referred to the fine Scottish audience and thanked the audience for giving him “the greatest job in the world”.

10. Speed of Sound (2005), which reached no. 2 in the UK chart. Crazy Frog was no. 1. The narrator talked about “Speed of Sound” being downloaded million of times.

11. Fix You (from 2005).

12. Viva la Vida (Coldplay's first UK no. 1 - 2008).

Hello everyone, I'm totally new to this board, just discovered it yesterday through my YouTube statistics (you linked to one of my videos - Life in Technicolor ii HD) ;)

To be honest, if we go back a year or so, I wasn’t really a Coldplay fan. I’d only heard their singles like Clocks, and I liked it, but nothing more than that. Then Viva La Vida was released, and I thought, well what a cool cover, I have to have that on my shelf. Then I gave the disc a spin… and I was sold. :D

Well anyway, as you might have guessed, I attended this concert, and what a show. It was probably one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had at a concert, the whole thing was just breathtaking. The light/lasers, the giant stage with the impressive LED screen, all the butterflies and the yellow balloons. It really just seemed like the perfect show. :shocked2:

Oh, and I was totally surprised when Will started singing Till Kingdom Come, I had no idea he could sing like that. Really really cool!

If they ever visits Denmark again, I will totally be there :D

Btw I have some ok pics from the show, if you’re interested

Hello everyone, I'm totally new to this board, just discovered it yesterday through my YouTube statistics (you linked to one of my videos - Life in Technicolor ii HD) ;)

[...]

Btw I have some ok pics from the show, if you’re interested

Welcome on coldplaying!!!

Good to hear you had a great time!

And of course - we're always interested in pics! :D

My video of most of Yellow from Sunday's show in Herning. :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdEz_1A-T50]YouTube - Coldplay some of Yellow live from Herning, Denmark 16th of August 2009 (16.08.09)[/ame]

Sorry abou the quality and turning around. :shame: I recommend right clicking 'show all' because the video really is smaller originally and looks best that way.

There are more to come.