🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not!!! I'm not!!!

I would never cheat on him :wacky:

Plus, Noelia would kick my ass if i dared to look at Will :P

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

That had me literally laughing out loud:lol:. Actually I'm so proud you've become a Willuver:smug:, as well as being a Berrygirl. As long as it's clear I:heart:Will the mostest!!!:angry::P

Speaking of which....WTF?!:shocked2: Does he think he's a hummingbird?!?!:laugh3:

warchildcoldplaying9.jpg

Hi!!!!! Starting to upload some vids I took here.

OK, here is my vid of the crazy encore. Note Matt at the beginning working out technical stuff with Dave.

Wow Lori those vids are great!!! Jonny :bomb:! It might 'cause he's tired, but the whole playing with eyes closed thing...:sweatdrop:

And I've seen like 5 different vids for All These Things...but each time I'm like 2inches from the screen with my face like this-->:stunned:+:D

I'm not sure about downloading it but they were filming it and someone asked what it was for and they said they were making the whole gig into a DVD.

Where/when can I pre-order that?!?!?:D

EDIT:

Then some unknown vip and Will, who took me by surprise as when he saw me and shook my hand gave me a kiss on the cheek and said he was happy to see me again, my face turned :stunned: I was so shocked that I asked him if he was sure he really did recognise me, and he did, awwww Will the Pooh :heart:

:bomb: WHATTT?!?!:bomb:

Ok, spill woman, I want more details!!!!!

Another article!

source:

BBC 6 Music article

Today's Music News

Warchild show astounds

Bono and Barlow join Coldplay and Killers for almighty encore

19 February 2009 - Even before the doors opened, it looked like being one of the most memorable gigs in recent memory, and as soon as the first band took to the stage, the Coldplay/Killers double header didn’t disappoint.

Organised by the Warchild charity, and taking place at the intimate 2000 capacity Shepherds Bush Empire in West London, the show was scheduled to start at 11pm, giving the audience and special guests time to arrive from Earl’s Court where the Brit Awards had just finished.

The Killers strode onstage a mere fifteen minutes late. And from the first song Spaceman singer Brandon Flowers (decked out in a flamboyant jacket with feathered shoulder pads) seemed in manic mood, leaping around the cramped stage space like a prize-fighter in a boxing ring. With the crowd singing along to what seemed like every single word, the band powered though an unapologetic greatest hits that included Human, Reasons Unknown and Somebody Told Me.

After a faultless and deafening thirty minutes, the band left the stage, leaving Al Murray Pub Landlord to entertain the audience (which by this point included The Edge, Courtney Love and The Pet Shop Boys) while an army of roadies replaced The Killers amplifiers, disco lights and inflatable palm trees, with Coldplay’s army regiment drums, various keyboards and now ubiquitous (and seemingly ineffectual) portable television.

Following the strains of Johann Strauss’ Blue Danube, Coldplay started their set with Life In Technicolor, and initially looked a little lost. Chris Martin’s restless leaping, jogging and arching may help fill space on the expansive stages of the enormodomes that the band have made their home of late, but in this more restricted theatre, it looked a little overwrought.

However, after rousing takes on Clocks and In My Place, the band settled in somewhat, enjoying the crowd’s response without resorting to striking too many poses. Yellow failed to ignite the venue as one might expect, but it was with an epic and emotive version of Fix You that you were instantly reminded why Coldplay deserve their place at the top table of rock.

It was always going to happen though. No matter how impressive the performances, the ‘surprise guests’ (who’d been rumoured on Twitter for days) were always going to steal the headlines. And when Chris Martin announced “The King of the hour” Gary Barlow, who joined Coldplay for a pretty faithful cover of Back For Good, the crowd greeted him like a minor musical deity.

If Thom Yorke had unicycled onstage playing Creep on the spoons, the audience reaction wouldn’t have been more impressive, as 2000 voices yelled - nay sobbed - along with every word of Take That’s 1995 classic.

As for the finale, it was almost like Bono’s adoration radar had heard there was a captive audience somewhere near Earl’s Court, and lo and behold, as a Coldplay/Killers supergroup (plus Mr Barlow) piled into and rackety but glorious All These Things That I’ve Done, the U2 frontman took the mic.

At an event like this it seems somewhat trite to criticize Bono for not knowing the words (but its not often that you see him looking uncomfortable and these moments should be relished) however, even the most cynical of hearts would’ve been melted by the sound of three of music’s most celebrated frontmen bellowing the lyrics, “I’ve got soul, but I’m not a soldier…” like drunken pub buddies on New Year’s Eve, while the amassed voices of 2,000 ecstatic punters carried the sentiment of the words to the heavens.

“That was,” a group of drenched punters gasped outside afterwards, “the best concert I’ll ever see….”

Matt Everitt

They're mentioning that Bono didn't know the words :)

Apologies for going off topic and asking a really lame question - but how do you type something so that when you click on it, it takes you to another page???

Type in something, like say SNOW, highlight the word and press the little blue globe with a link underneath it in advanced post (its under the like font colour/smiley button), then copy in the link where you want it to go!!

SNOW

Apologies for going off topic and asking a really lame question - but how do you type something so that when you click on it, it takes you to another page???

Copy the link, click the "insert link" button (the button with the globe) and insert the link in the pop up.

Then there'll be a highlighted part in your post with the link (it's automatically highlighted) and then you just write what the text of your link should be! It replaces the highlighted part which is automatically just the link again. Hope that made sense...

I found some more articles, one from the Daily Mail with some of us on one of the pictures again :D

--> Dailymail article

youtube is taking foreeeeeeeeever to upload the videos.

shtupid... :dozey:

I know!!!

I already thought it's my computer's fault. So :\ but good to hear it's the same for you as well. It's faster than yesterday though... I have about 70 percent of a video uploaded and so far it took ONE HOUR for those 70 percent!

I had killed someone for this concert! no joke! all my music heros and legends on on stage!!!

Bradon Flowers best singer!

Chris Martin best songwriter!

Bono the biggest legend!

WHAT A GIG...If someone have a better quality of all this things I´ve dove please let us join these stumble, impressing, unique, unforgetable, best perfomance ever!PLEAAAAAASE.....

Ok so, now all the vids together (Mods, if u want to delete the other 2 posts, please do)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcSjyKkgFA]YouTube - Fix You sang by the queuers[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byupo3OEfVM]YouTube - For Reasons unkown - The Killers (small part)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdNI2pTN7Fc]YouTube - Read my MInd - The Killers (small part)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgKs5Z9aOmA]YouTube - Clocks (small part)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfEKPA_9KY4]YouTube - 42 - Coldplay (Jonny's Solo)[/ame]

(/fangirl screams alert!!!!!!! :laugh4:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W2j8OG8HU]YouTube - Back for good - Coldplay and Gary Barlow[/ame]

there's still one of all these thing, but youtube is taking forever to upload...

^ So glad to hear you had a great time Denise :) And you're now friends with Will? Amazing!!

Aww thank you :nice: were you able to come and find a ticket?

How did Will recognise you? where you seen him before?

I met him back in December before a gig, that's why I was surprised he remembered me..ok I pretty much stalked them for three gigs, but only managed to met him once :P

EDIT:

:bomb: WHATTT?!?!:bomb:

Ok, spill woman, I want more details!!!!!

Oh there's really nothing more to add, as I said he came and shook my hand and at the same time he leaned forward to kiss me on the cheek like I was some friend and told me "It's nice to see you again" and me "Do you really remember me?", and he was "Sure, how are you?" and that's when he was called "Will we have to go" :bigcry:

I still can't believe it even if I write it down, everything about that night is surreal, and that was the cherry on the top of the cherry on the top for me :nice:

Mari thanks for the video..I can't hear it right now, but I know our singalong was great :D