✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

16-Jul-09: Wireless Amphitheatre, San Diego, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Pho

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you picked a great band to see as your first concert:D

You should bring money of course:P So you can buy Coldplay stuff(shirts, tour book, etc.) A camera so that you can take pictures(sometimes security is weird about cameras so you might have to hide it when they check you(aka some place they wont want to look) If you have GA Pit tix then you are going to want to get there early so you can get a good spot buy the front. If you have a assigned seat then you are set. I hope that this has helped a bit, you are going to have a great time!!!

Traffic

I live very close to the venue and I know traffic on the 805 during a concert is horrible. Therefore, I plan on taking the city street to get there, but I've never taken this route before. Have any locals taken this route (Heritage road, driving by all the junkyards)? If so, should I be able to make it there in time before Coldplay comes on stage? (Unfortunately, the earliest I can leave is 7 pm, so I am a little paranoid that I may be late even by going on city streets). Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

yeah i am making a poster.

At the concert yesterday in Wheatland, the young lady with screen ID ColdplayRulesTheWorld said that her poster was confiscated at the entrance gate by security. They said it would block others' view so it might not be a good idea to spend time making one.

Yesterday's show was fantastic, the most enjoyable night of my life! Chris was at his best and gave a great show. He has a certain golden glow about his aura. His energy and endurance are remarkable. It was a beautiful show. I will never forget it. We had great seats, front and center, right behind the pit. I could see and hear them perfectly. The whole experience seems surreal, looking back on it, as if I had dreamt the whole thing. I hope you all have a great time tomorrow! Lucky you!!!!

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

anyone know who the opening band is? tia

The first act http://www.myspace.com/kittydaisyandlewis, from the UK I missed, but the second one, who played from about 7:45-8:30 was http://www.amadou-mariam.com/, a blind black couple from Africa who put on a rich, culturally authentic performance at the 7/13 and 7/14 shows. They have a band with percussion instruments including bongos which gave the whole performance a unique, almost mysterious sound, with two African women singers/dancers who each took turns doing what looked like a trance dance, a spirited, rapturous dance. I felt as if I were in the jungles of Africa with the echo of the bongos and blissful singing. They were fantastic and I highly recommend that you try to get there to catch their act. Chris spoke highly of both acts.