✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-May-2009: Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL, USA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PIT ---> there's no pit for neither Tampa nor West Palm Beach, it's all seats according to the maps in Live Nation.

really?! :thinking: I remember during the day of GA sale, someone mentioned Tampa had sections 1-3 combined to make up the PIT. But I guess they must have changed it again.

EDIT: If you go to the virtual seating map in 'Buy Tickets' it says GA pit...but then on the main event page it doesn't. Ahh, I'm so confused, lol.

really?! :thinking: I remember during the day of GA sale, someone mentioned Tampa had sections 1-3 combined to make up the PIT. But I guess they must have changed it again.

EDIT: If you go to the virtual map in 'Buy Tickets' it says GA pit...but then on the main event page it doesn't. Ahh, I'm so confused, lol.

Oh, I remember that. But if the Pit was there, Live Nation should have sold those tickets.

Hotels are super pricey there, huh? And West Palm is a pretty upscale town. They're all about the classy there, lol. Driving from Orlando to West Palm is about 2 and a half hours. That's fine when you're all excited and on your way there, but when it's almost midnight and you've gotta get in your car and drive back home for two hours: Torture. Hotel is a smart move, but if carpool has to happen, that's okay :)

The venue is exactly the same as the Tampa one, it looks. Isn't this where they played in 2005, right after Chris was over being sick, and he thanked the doctor during "The Scientist"?

And fingers crossed that LiveNation doesn't stick it to the little people once again.

ohhh a two hour drive back isn't that bad. i've done it tons of times. i live 30 mins away from west palm and i am always going to orlando for concerts

Oh and I thought $130 was an average price for hotels everywhere? lol.. maybe I'm just out of it.

EDIT: If you go to the virtual seating map in 'Buy Tickets' it says GA pit...but then on the main event page it doesn't. Ahh, I'm so confused, lol.

i saw Radiohead at this place. it is all seated besides the lawn. there is no pit.

According to Livenation's map, there IS a pit in the Tampa show, but no pit for West Palm Beach show. :(

Could you please redirect to the exact link where it shows a pit for the Tampa concert? all the maps (2D seating chart, 3D seating chart, even the "click and pick" map to buy tickets) show NO pit.

According to Livenation's map, there IS a pit in the Tampa show, but no pit for West Palm Beach show. :(

Yeah that's what I just said.. Cruzan Amphitheater is all seated.

Btw, as a heads up, parking is horrible at this place. I've been to over 20 different venues and I can safely say that leaving this show will be a nightmare since there is no traffic direction at all.

Could you please redirect to the exact link where it shows a pit for the Tampa concert? all the maps (2D seating chart, 3D seating chart, even the "click and pick" map to buy tickets) show NO pit.

For the Tampa show, Livenation still shows sections 1, 2, and 3 as 'sold out'.

I am still skeptical about these sections. Sections 4 to 10 where sold via Livenation, and there are a lot of people who have tickets in these sections and the scalpers are selling those on eBay. But no sign whatsover of sections 1-3, who knows? - Stubhub's and Razorgator's maps show that there is a pit, and some people are selling tickets for the pit for over $600. There's no pit in this WPB show, it's all seated.

Do you guys think that we would be able to find good tickets (Sections 1-3) during the presale for the WPB show, if there's no pit?

^Everyone has been complaining when buying tickets on the pre-sale and on the general sale for most concerts because it is pretty much impossible to get a seat or seats in the closest sections, EXCEPT if the venue clearly has a pit area for which tickets are made available.

They (Live Nation and TicketMaster) don't make all the tickets available.

1) they don't get all the tickets. Some are distributed among sponsors, top staff at the venues, local radio station sponsoring the band, roadies, etc.

2) Ticket Master has its own scalper site called TicketsNow, along with the other scalpers sites that exist on the web. In regard to Live Nation, they make clear on the 3D seating chart that some sections are VIP seats, that they most likely sell thru VIP packages.

I hope I don't sound harsh, just want to let concert-goers know what's going on so they understand why they cannot get close seats.

^Everyone has been complaining when buying tickets on the pre-sale and on the general sale for most concerts because it is pretty much impossible to get a seat or seats in the closest sections, EXCEPT if the venue clearly has a pit area for which tickets are made available.

They (Live Nation and TicketMaster) don't make all the tickets available.

1) they don't get all the tickets. Some are distributed among sponsors, top staff at the venues, local radio station sponsoring the band, roadies, etc.

2) Ticket Master has its own scalper site called TicketsNow, along with the other scalpers sites that exist on the web. In regard to Live Nation, they make clear on the 3D seating chart that some sections are VIP seats, that they most likely sell thru VIP packages.

I hope I don't sound harsh, just want to let concert-goers know what's going on so they understand why they cannot get close seats.

Thanks for the advice Lola, and by the way, I saw on your profile that you are Venezuelan-American! - I am Venezuelan too! What a coincidence! :lol:

Thanks for the advice Lola, and by the way, I saw on your profile that you are Venezuelan-American! - I am Venezuelan too! What a coincidence! :lol:

@dfit00: I wrote a message on your profile about it :lol:

[ok, the following is gonna sound like I'm whinning, and I'm probably am]

I really, really, really want to go to this concert.

I was hoping someone from Tampa Bay would go, so we could carpool and share expenses, but apparently no one is going from here :bigcry:

I have money to cover the trip expenses, but I don't wanna break my bank :\

I figured that $$$ can be saved by:

(a) carpooling,

(b) sharing a hotel room,

© volunteering with Oxfam at the concert.

If anyone else is planning on traveling to West Palm, please let me know :D

The most expensive seats will most likely be about $130. Note that they'll be expensive, but by no means the best seats in the house. Let's thank LiveNation for that!

I'm on stand-by ready to go on ticketrush.com. I've decided that if I can't score great seats, I'd much rather try to volunteer for Oxfam.

Last minute details have left me going to the West Palm show by myself ( :( ) and if I get to help out a good cause and meet people along the way, then even better. I figured I'd change it up the fifth time around, lol.

^Can I go with you Just Spies? Don't worry that I live in Tampa, I can always figure out a way to get to Orlando (where you live, right?)

Sounds good! I got this ticket, but I'm thinking Oxfam might be better, more fun than going alone. I've always wanted to do it, and a friend of mine did it for their Dallas show and she said she liked it.

How does one go about signing up, though?