✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-May-2009: Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Yay! Congrats to you! Mine said to report at 4:00 p.m. :)

Weeeeellllll....Since I'm volunteering, this means my ticket is up for sale, so if your classmate wants it??

It's a Section 6, Row P, Seat 9 ticket. I can't remember the seating chart off the top of my head, but I believe it's somewhere right along the middle (albeit not in the front :/)

I'm gonna ask my friends if they're interested at all as well. I know one of my friends skipped this show 'cos she couldn't buy the ticket at the time. Maybe now she could? I'll check with her.

I realized that if I'm volunteering, I'm probably not going to get to see Pete Yorn open, which makes me sad (I love his music), but I really wanted to work for Oxfam, so I'll get over it , lol. This should be so cool, I'm excited!

(And holy crap! 100 posts! It only took me like three and a half years. I'm a slowpoke.)

Well, she said she most likely to buy a lawn ticket, so I'm not sure if she'll buy your ticket.

Oh, so sad you won't get to see Pete Yorn.

I guess that's why I'm still planning my escape to New Orleans because that Floor B Row 10 ticket is still waiting for me to buy it :lol:

I wouldn't want to volunteer with Oxfam at NOLA because the whole point is seeing Snow Patrol (:D)

I know, I hope Andi understands, and still wants to travel together with me.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible and Unjust!

I just went through reading all 11 pages of this thread... and let me just say how PISSED OFF I am about the whole GA Pit thing... it's just totally unfair!! Isn't there anything we can do? It's obvious that LiveNation is full of BS. They obviously sent emails to you all saying it sold out at 10am, and then weeks later 200 seats magically appear?!

That's so wrong! Do us fans really mean nothing? I mean, I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed class trying to buy tickets at the pre-sale. No... I got Section 6 tickets. What do I do..? I skip class AGAIN in hope that MAYBE I can find better seats at the General Audience sale, yet nothing! The GA Pit didn't even appear that day... this is sooo wrong. Just so wrong on every level. There really has to be something we can ALL do. I mean we all have a voice and I'm sure someone out there will listen.

So... any ideas?!

I just went through reading all 11 pages of this thread... and let me just say how PISSED OFF I am about the whole GA Pit thing... it's just totally unfair!! Isn't there anything we can do? It's obvious that LiveNation is full of BS. They obviously sent emails to you all saying it sold out at 10am, and then weeks later 200 seats magically appear?!

That's so wrong! Do us fans really mean nothing? I mean, I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed class trying to buy tickets at the pre-sale. No... I got Section 6 tickets. What do I do..? I skip class AGAIN in hope that MAYBE I can find better seats at the General Audience sale, yet nothing! The GA Pit didn't even appear that day... this is sooo wrong. Just so wrong on every level. There really has to be something we can ALL do. I mean we all have a voice and I'm sure someone out there will listen.

So... any ideas?!

Welcome!

Yeah, I feel your pain about the whole GA Pit tickets thing. I also did my plan in buying the tickets during the presale and the general sale. I ended up buying tickets in sec 7, row T in the general sale. The GA Pit tickets were on sale on Apr 9 circa 12pm, and LiveNation did say that they were sold out and then they say that they are available!? :dozey:

Some ideas that what you can do:

1. Get a group of people (A big one), and make a protest online against LiveNation selling practices. Do it everywhere, Myspace, facebook, etc.

Or....

2. Sue LiveNation? -> Get a good lawyer lolz!!!

I totally understand you!! I was sitting in the computer bedore 10 am for the pre-sale of tickets and got sec 6 as well...so I said to myself to just get those because I thought will not get better ones....sooooooo wrong!!!!! weeks later I saw that GA PIT tickets were on sale after I read so many posts saying the people from LiveNation claimed they were sold out...impossible!!!! That is why no one got them...they were not on sale!!! So, one day I checked they were available and couldnt get them just because I didnt have the money!!! why? I am attending two other concerts this summer so, it gets quite expensive even though it is not that much money!! Well seeing that GA PIT tickets were available, I contact LiveNation to switch my tickets and they refused to do it!!! I called many times, even my boyfriend did so I just gave up!!!

I am so upset because last time I got to see them real close and now I wont be able to see them that close!!!

I know I've been posting this on all related threads, but if anyone can go to Birmingham on May18 and work with Oxfam, get in for free, etc. PLEASE sign up! not enough people have, so you'll be definitely able to do it! (I'm the team leader for this city, that's why I'm asking)

Well, she said she most likely to buy a lawn ticket, so I'm not sure if she'll buy your ticket.

Oh, so sad you won't get to see Pete Yorn.

I guess that's why I'm still planning my escape to New Orleans because that Floor B Row 10 ticket is still waiting for me to buy it :lol:

I wouldn't want to volunteer with Oxfam at NOLA because the whole point is seeing Snow Patrol (:D)

I know, I hope Andi understands, and still wants to travel together with me.

Awesome, you're going out of Florida to see them some more this summer?! That's amazing :)

If you and your classmate are going to the same show, it makes sense to travel together. Carpooling is more economic!

So I still have my ticket, lol. Do we know how successful eBay is with selling tickets? I just don't want to lose my money.

Also, got an Oxfam e-mail again today. I was told I'd get more details once the show got closer, yay! Are there any other Coldplayers besides us volunteering that show?

I can't wait, I just want it to be here now.

Awesome, you're going out of Florida to see them some more this summer?! That's amazing :)

If you and your classmate are going to the same show, it makes sense to travel together. Carpooling is more economic!

So I still have my ticket, lol. Do we know how successful eBay is with selling tickets? I just don't want to lose my money.

Also, got an Oxfam e-mail again today. I was told I'd get more details once the show got closer, yay! Are there any other Coldplayers besides us volunteering that show?

I can't wait, I just want it to be here now.

Grr I didn't get an email.. I don't understand why? What exactly are the qualifications ??????? I only live 30 minutes away.

And I know this is COMPLETELY irrelevant, but I wish The Killers would come to Florida 4 times this year like Coldplay has.. grr I have to fly to 3 different states this summer to see them since they haven't been here in 2 years!

Sadly, I think LiveNation will keep up their ripping off practices until the musical acts themselves take a stand. Lots of big name musicians (and their fans) together can make a difference, I hope.

Well when I have the time, I really do want to start something... do something. And well I hope someone out there will listen and will be able to actually really do something about it. Cuz this is all such a big scam!

Grr I didn't get an email.. I don't understand why? What exactly are the qualifications ??????? I only live 30 minutes away.

And I know this is COMPLETELY irrelevant, but I wish The Killers would come to Florida 4 times this year like Coldplay has.. grr I have to fly to 3 different states this summer to see them since they haven't been here in 2 years!

Oh, I'm sorry about volunteering with Oxfam.

Yeah, The Killers...

I remember when they played at my uni's some in 2005. I didn't go because I was a very poor college student back then.

I'm still a poor college student, but I have some savings now, and they don't come :angry:

Well when I have the time, I really do want to start something... do something. And well I hope someone out there will listen and will be able to actually really do something about it. Cuz this is all such a big scam!

You could take a risk, and drive to West Palm the day of the concert, and see what comes up. If you never try, you never know... :)

(Besides, you'll get to meet other Coldplayers :smug:)

You could take a risk, and drive to West Palm the day of the concert, and see what comes up. If you never try, you never know... :)

(Besides, you'll get to meet other Coldplayers :smug:)

I'm going to WPB. I got tickets for the concert, I'm just upset how they didn't sell the good tickets or lied about selling out.

The things I do for Coldplay... lol

I am in to a complain letter

So... any ideas?!

Let's get together for this one. I think we should all sign a letter telling them off. Otherwise they will keep giving it to us.

LiveNation and TicketMaster are selling the worst seats on pre-sales and first days of general sale. And they are keeping all the best seats for later, to tempt "not so fanatic people" into buying expencive tickets.

I say stay on standby for Oxfam, because out of the people that they offered to volunteer, sometimes not all of them confirm their appearance to volunteer, and they instead offer the spot to people on a waiting list. So there is still a pretty good chance you could volunteer.

Let's get together for this one. I think we should all sign a letter telling them off. Otherwise they will keep giving it to us.

LiveNation and TicketMaster are selling the worst seats on pre-sales and first days of general sale. And they are keeping all the best seats for later, to tempt "not so fanatic people" into buying expencive tickets.

Agreed. I would like to think that if someone sat Coldplay down, and let them know the details of how LiveNation works, they wouldn't put up with their crap and take a stand. But that's what I'd like to think! Right now they probably see it as a business type of situation that has to happen for the show to go on...If they only knew.

I was super bored yesterday, and ended up looking at some old Coldplay set lists. Old, like when they were playing to 150 people in the UK. And I thought, "I can't even imagine Coldplay playing, and only 150 people showing up." It was about 9 years ago. Funny though, because you look at the tour for the next year, and they were playing waaaaay more. And then by the next year that was it. They were huge. They were meant to do it this way, big, and for lots of people. I still wish I could've been one of those 150 in that crowd!

I say stay on standby for Oxfam, because out of the people that they offered to volunteer, sometimes not all of them confirm their appearance to volunteer, and they instead offer the spot to people on a waiting list. So there is still a pretty good chance you could volunteer.

Actually it's strange... I just got an email saying that I never responded to be on the initial volunteer list but that was only because I never GOT the first email...lol

EDIT: okay so apparently my mom is being extremely annoying and won't let me go by myself and the venue is 30 minutes away. OH KEEP IN MIND she won't let me do that but she will fly to New Jersey with me to see a Killers concert which will cost $800, but she won't let me see Coldplay for free... soo you will MOST LIKELY get my spot!!!!!

I thought if you had filled out an application and got an introductory email, you had until early may to reply...I can't remember off the top of my head though.

I just remember I got an email and it said that if I did want to take up Oxfam's offer to volunteer, then I should confirm my appearance. I just emailed the girl back, and I had to be willing to arrive at a certain time, and then be willing to leave at a certain time.

30 minutes away is nothing. Keep buttering your mom up! Tell her that not letting you go to Coldplay for free 30 minutes away, but letting you go to The Killers out of state, is twisted logic!

I'm going to WPB. I got tickets for the concert, I'm just upset how they didn't sell the good tickets or lied about selling out.

The things I do for Coldplay... lol

Tell me about it :dozey:

30 minutes away is nothing. Keep buttering your mom up! Tell her that not letting you go to Coldplay for free 30 minutes away, but letting you go to The Killers out of state, is twisted logic!

Yes, what she says!

I have to tell my mom about driving 4 hours or so, she's might get mad, but she cannot stop me now :rolleyes:

My brother in law bought me a ticket for this concert. I had to pay him back 100 dollar, thats the most ive ever spent on a concert.

For Tampa, my sister has not paid me back for her ticket :\

Same here, now I have to go lawn for the other concerts I wanna go to :dozey: