✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-May-2009: Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL, USA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to livenation...there IS a pit for this show definitely..all tickets are sold out for them. She couldnt tell me how they were sold out, etc. How annoying. I wish I knew the secret to ticket brokers and how they get their hands on them.

THIS IS WHAT ANNOYS THE HECK OUT OF ME!

HOW CAN THEY BE SOLD OUT IF THEY NEVER OFFERED THEM ON THE WEBSITE!?

Oh, and the woman couldn't tell you cuz she's dumb like that.

Seriously, this girl on the "Tickets: availability, price, etc." wrote yesterday that she got Ticketmaster to upgrade her seats at no charge.

She says the first 2 times she talked to women, and the third time to a guy, and the customer service guy was the one who solved her problem.

Yeah, 100% sure that brokers have these.

What happens is that the venue (well, the seating area) is small in itself

Therefore, the pit venue is small so there must be a certain amount of tickets available.

Yup, not even sections 1 , 2, and 3..

Those sections as well, which make up the "Orchestra" section.

The best I got was Section 7 in Tampa, which right behing Section 3 in the orchestra. Sure, this Sec 3 only has 10 rows, so I'm technically on Row 17,

BUT still, I would have prefered a General Admission PIT ticket,

I don't care if I had to stand in line for hours the day of the concert

What upsets me is that is CLEAR that there IS a Pit, but LiveNation did not made them available to the public at all.

I'm talking about this concert, and the Tampa concert

WTF!!!????

yeah, that's what I meant. it seems like the other venues had easier access for fans to get PIT tickets. but as for Florida, they were "available," but we fans never saw them during presale or the GA sale :(:angry:

LiveNation replied to my email (see below)

Subject

Coldplay, May 15, 2009. Cruzan Amphitheater, West Palm Beach, FL

Customer03/23/2009 12:33 PM [this is me]

Why GA Pit tickets were not made available for this concert? The click-and-pick seating chart clearly shows that there will be a GA Pit, yet I came here at 10am sharp today to buy a Pit ticket. The "GA Pit" was not even an option. Other fans were able to get GA Pit tickets for Coldplay concerts in other venues last week and today, as long as they bought early around 10am. What happened? Is Live Nation auctioning these tickets or what?

Response (Devynn)03/25/2009 09:46 AM

Dear Patron,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care with your inquiry!

Pit tickets were available on 3/23 at 10:00am with the rest of the tickets. I am sorry if they had all been purchased when you attempted your sale. Unfortunately, this was avery popular event and all the Pit tickets sold very quickly.

Please respond to this e-mail if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any other inquiry.

Sincerely,

Devynn

Live Nation Customer Care

"The tickets were available at 10am."

Yeah, right :rolleyes:

Goodnes gracious, that actually made me laugh.

I think scalpers grabbed them, and others were given to the radio station, season ticket holders, or Live Nation VIP members.

THIS TRULY SUX!

LiveNation replied to my email (see below)

Response (Devynn)03/25/2009 09:46 AM

Dear Patron,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care with your inquiry!

Pit tickets were available on 3/23 at 10:00am with the rest of the tickets. I am sorry if they had all been purchased when you attempted your sale. Unfortunately, this was avery popular event and all the Pit tickets sold very quickly.

Please respond to this e-mail if we can be of further assistance regarding this or any other inquiry.

Sincerely,

Devynn

Live Nation Customer Care

"The tickets were available at 10am."

Yeah, right :rolleyes:

Goodnes gracious, that actually made me laugh.

I think scalpers grabbed them, and others were given to the radio station, season ticket holders, or Live Nation VIP members.

THIS TRULY SUX!

Wow. What a crock of complete poo. I'm speaking for everyone who was in front of his/her computer before 10am, and got to clicking as soon as the clock hit 10am! They lie like this because they know we can't prove otherwise...Thanks for sharing this though. It's nice to see that LiveNation not only rips off the customer with dishonesty, but also does it with a friendly tone!

I've just filled out an application for Oxfam, though. Very cool, but I realized I might have a hard time getting selected, seeing as I live 2 hours away from West Palm :\ We'll see...

I hope everyone is satisfied with what they got. I got notice yesterday my ticket was in the mail.

I've just filled out an application for Oxfam, though. Very cool, but I realized I might have a hard time getting selected, seeing as I live 2 hours away from West Palm :\ We'll see...

I hope everyone is satisfied with what they got. I got notice yesterday my ticket was in the mail.

Yeah, they try to master the art of BSing in a nice tone :angry:

I know, I filled out the Oxfam application to volunteer at this concert, but I had to be honest and write that I live 4 hours away :cry:

And we won't get notified until the end of April or so :\

I posted something like this before, but I'll say it again...

Worst-case scenario, I'll show up there, buy a lawn ticket early, and then beg a roadie to give an upgrade ticket :cry:

(and I know some of these people's names and how they look like, they cannot hide from me :P)

EDIT: good luck, JustSpies with Oxfam appl!

I know, I filled out the Oxfam application to volunteer at this concert, but I had to be honest and write that I live 4 hours away :cry:

I posted something like this before, but I'll say it again...

Worst-case scenario, I'll show up there, buy a lawn ticket early, and then beg a roadie to give an upgrade ticket :cry:

(and I know some of these people's names and how they look like, they cannot hide from me :P)

Livenation sucks so bad! All the GA Pit tickets were sold at 10:00am and they were supposedly available to the public?! PLEASE!

Maybe you will be selected to be an Oxfam volunteer at the concert, so keep an eye on your e-mail and regular mailbox. ;)

And even if the pit tickets were sold, how come there are no GA Pit tickets selling on eBay? Why are there tickets selling in 'rip-off' sites in sections 1,2, and 3, if there is a pit!?

Livenation sucks so bad! All the GA Pit tickets were sold at 10:00am and they were supposedly available to the public?! PLEASE! :angry:

Maybe you will be selected to be an Oxfam volunteer at the concert, so keep an eye on your e-mail and regular mailbox. ;)

And even if the pit tickets were sold, how come there are no GA Pit tickets selling on eBay? Why are there tickets selling in 'rip-off' sites in sections 1,2, and 3, if there is a pit!? MEGA-OMG! :angry:

I hope Oxfam selects me :)

Maybe there's few of us applying because people have no clue about this Oxfam volunteering opportunity :P

I was checked earlier about Pit tickets on scalpers sites.

I saw an offer on eBay for 4 Pit tix in Tampa for around $1500 (no joke), and pit tix for West Palm at $325 each. Crazy crappy stuff, and who knows if you'll get them? :thinking:

Good thing is that there are tons of people selling tickets on ebay, but only one offer had 5 bids on it. Perhaps people are not falling for this crap of tickets at waaaaay inflated prices for the FL concerts :angry:

Thank you! We'll wait and see, I guess. I'm holding on to my ticket until I get word. I'd much rather volunteer though!

The lot of those pit tickets were not on sale at 10:00am Friday or Monday, I don't care what LiveNation says. That we see a handful of them on these scalper sites for more than the maximum $130 price LiveNation put on the ticket proves this. And I love Coldplay to pieces, but I cannot pay $300+ for a concert ticket :( The most I've ever paid was about $200, and it was for a once-in-a-lifetime show that I never thought would happen, lol.

Maybe someday Coldplay will like my idea of the smaller venue B-sides tour, and then I'll finally be able to rock out to them front row center like I've always wanted. Someday!

Either way, Coldplay two times this summer is a big deal!

Man I really want to go to this concert but my friend who I normally go to concerts with says she's broke and doesn't want to pay for this one. :(

Does anyone live around the Tampa Bay area and hasn't bought a ticket yet or has no one else to go with either? I'd love to find a fellow Coldplay fan like who would like to make the trip down to see them.

I'm thinking of, if anything, just driving down there on May 15th and seeing if I can get some last minute opennings at the box office. My cousin did that once before and I did that when I went to see Muse/MCR here. :/

Man I really want to go to this concert but my friend who I normally go to concerts with says she's broke and doesn't want to pay for this one. :(

Does anyone live around the Tampa Bay area and hasn't bought a ticket yet or has no one else to go with either? I'd love to find a fellow Coldplay fan like who would like to make the trip down to see them.

I'm thinking of, if anything, just driving down there on May 15th and seeing if I can get some last minute opennings at the box office. My cousin did that once before and I did that when I went to see Muse/MCR here. :/

And there will be the scalper guys standing along Sansburys Way about a block before the Amp. If you can't get any at the box.

That would be ME! :lol:

I wrote about looking for a Coldplayer in Tampa to drive to West Palm together to go this concert a while ago, it's on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

My post wasn't as long, but I'm in the same predicament as you:

• Instead of a friend, it is my sister who's broke (she cannot go because she'll be staying at UF for summer classes)
  • I'm a hard-core Coldplay fan
  • I live in Tampa
  • I'm going to the Tampa concert (as seen on my signature)
  • I want to go to the West Palm Beach concert, but haven't bought a ticket yet
  • I'm up for a road trip, specially for Coldplay (Summer starts on April 28 at 4pm for me :D)

I've been thinking the same thing about driving there and buying last minute tickets! Good thing you know someone that's done that and succeded.

Also, there is another Coldplaying member from Orlando who wants to go, she goes by the username of JustSpies84.

That would be ME! :lol:

I wrote about looking for a Coldplayer in Tampa to drive to West Palm together to go this concert a while ago, it's on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

My post wasn't as long, but I'm in the same predicament as you:

• Instead of a friend, it is my sister who's broke (she cannot go because she'll be staying at UF for summer classes)
  • I'm a hard-core Coldplay fan
  • I live in Tampa
  • I'm going to the Tampa concert (as seen on my signature)
  • I want to go to the West Palm Beach concert, but haven't bought a ticket yet
  • I'm up for a road trip, specially for Coldplay (Summer starts on April 28 at 4pm for me :D)

I've been thinking the same thing about driving there and buying last minute tickets! Good thing you know someone that's done that and succeded.

Also, there is another Coldplaying member from Orlando who wants to go, she goes by the username of JustSpies84.

OMG thank you! I'm so excited now! We MUST do this. School lets out for me at the end of April and I really don't want to spend another summer doing absolutely nothing so I am all for this Coldplay road trip, yay!

I shall message you now :)

I'll definitely be heading out to this show, if a road trip is easier for some of you, then we could totally go that route :)

This show will probably my favorite, because PETE YORN is opening!! I love him; he's one my favorite songwriters, and he's gonna be opening a few of the shows, including this one! I cannot believe this– it makes up for missing Richard Ashcroft by a single day (and getting Fiona Apple instead) during the Twisted Logic tour.

Woohoo! Who else is excited?!

OMG thank you! I'm so excited now! We MUST do this. School lets out for me at the end of April and I really don't want to spend another summer doing absolutely nothing so I am all for this Coldplay road trip, yay!

I shall message you now :)

Read your message today, hope by now you have read the reply.

My only concern is how am I gonna tell my parents? :uhoh:

I mean, the few times I've gone out of town by myself is for conferences, academic-related stuff. AND the fact that I'm already going to the Tampa concert, I can imagine them saying: "why do you need to go to another concert?" :rolleyes:

BUT they know they cannot really stop me :P

I'll definitely be heading out to this show, if a road trip is easier for some of you, then we could totally go that route :)

This show will probably my favorite, because PETE YORN is opening!! I love him; he's one my favorite songwriters, and he's gonna be opening a few of the shows, including this one! I cannot believe this– it makes up for missing Richard Ashcroft by a single day (and getting Fiona Apple instead) during the Twisted Logic tour.

Woohoo! Who else is excited?!

I am! :dance:

I hope you can join us in our road trip!

Maybe I should listen to some Pete Yorn :idea:

Read your message today, hope by now you have read the reply.

My only concern is how am I gonna tell my parents? :uhoh:

I mean, the few times I've gone out of town by myself is for conferences, academic-related stuff. AND the fact that I'm already going to the Tampa concert, I can imagine them saying: "why do you need to go to another concert?" :rolleyes:

BUT they know they cannot really stop me :P

Got it! Wrote you back. And I know what you mean about the rentals. I told my mom about this and she was like 'whaaat? you're going to drive FOUR HOURS down there, that's practically Miami!'. Over-protective family here, and considering the first time I drove out of Tampa on my own was for the Orlando concert last November, she still has some getting used to.

You're right though, they can't stop us! :D And they must understand 1 concert is simply not enough, we must start and finish the summer with Coldplay ;)

Got it! Wrote you back. And I know what you mean about the rentals. I told my mom about this and she was like 'whaaat? you're going to drive FOUR HOURS down there, that's practically Miami!'. Over-protective family here, and considering the first time I drove out of Tampa on my own was for the Orlando concert last November, she still has some getting used to.

You're right though, they can't stop us! :D And they must understand 1 concert is simply not enough, we must start and finish the summer with Coldplay ;)

Replied back! :lol:

Yeah, my dad is a "helicopter" parent, now even worse that he's working abroad. I had to take my brother to the Orlando concert so that I didn't have to drive. I need to learn the way to the Ford Amph before August 9 :laugh3:

The Summer of Coldplay! :wideeyed:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!