✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-May-2009: Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Haha

The first pic looks quite perverted!!! I never thought Chris would do that! :lol:

Anyway, I hope that Gwyneth doesn't see this, neither Chloe. :laugh1:

I didn't know that Gwyneth was in the concert, how awesome, I could have met her!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! :stunned: :dead: :bomb:

Thanks for your review and so good to hear you've had such a great time.

And thanks for these particular photos :dead: :bomb: :heart:

I will include you in my bedtime prayers for taking them :D

*faints*

You are more than welcome, I'll be uploading more later today. So keep up!

Guy smiled and saw me several times :escaping:

You are more than welcome, I'll be uploading more later today. So keep up! :kiss:

Awww ... that's so sweet of him :)

I guess you were over the moon ;)

Isn't it fantastic how a concert can change your mood to the better?! :heart:

thanks for all the updates, setlist posts, reviews, vids & pics guys :) as ever Coldplayers are awesome :D

(although 70 pages in one night for me to wade through is a tad excessive :P :lol:)

Just a quick favour to ask: If you're posting other people's photos, please could you credit them by linking back to where you found them. Thanks.

Mimixxx:

Hahahaha, :lol: :lol:

The first pic looks quite perverted!!! I never thought Chris would do that! :lol:

Anyway, I hope that Gwyneth doesn't see this, neither Chloe. :laugh3:

I didn't know that Gwyneth was in the concert, how awesome, I could have met her! :bomb:

That's why I like it :whistle: :P

Can't wait to see the rest :D

Here's the famous sign that Jonny saw, smiled, shrugged his shoulders, and said: "We Couldn't":

2namcsl.jpg

Sign/Poster, ticket, crappy paper setlist, pit wristbands, and bag full of confetti.

Wow :wideeyed: I loved your review :wacky: and your pics are soo good!! :D

I'm so glad you had a great time and yaaayy for the boys noticing your sign and smiling to you :wacky: Even if Moses didn't get played, that's still pretty cool :nice:

He as usual, was very serious and very soft-spoken and shy during the whole concert. But apparently, our presence made him feel well. :)

Oh yeah, my mood for the next weeks is gonna be sooooooo... flabbergasted :laugh3:

Awww ... that's so sweet of him :)

I guess you were over the moon ;)

Isn't it fantastic how a concert can change your mood to the better?! :heart:

;) - It's shocking to see how many pages were done by fellow Coldplayers during the show. I left at page 25 yesterday at 5pm, when I came back at 1am it was close to page 82!!! - Just now I am finished reading them.

That's why I like it :whistle: :P

Can't wait to see the rest :D

:thinking:Ooooh yeah! The Oxfam shirt! i was wanting to hear about that too!

My feelings about the show, -yes, it seems it is staying pretty much the same, I can accept that, just cause it is a great show. Who knows how long till we get the boys back on tour coming round again, they are milking this VLV act as long as they can.

I`m loving that Chri`s hair is(imho) the perfect length-:wink3: and that he wore the light blue jacket, my fave!

I also feel too, after listening intently, that to me it seems his vice is improved- or that at least he seems to be making an effort to improve it . Like on the LRLRL cd- of course, it`s the BEST versions of each song i think, and it sounds he tried more in the concert vids from WPB too.(maybe cause Gwynnie was there, lol)

I look forward to one more dose of this tour/setlist, and will savour it as it won`t ever be back.

And the physical CD is gorgeous! I wanna one.

Hey guys.

I thought I was going to win the Oxfam shirt by getting 91 signatures but someone else beat me- she got 120 signatures. She isn't a big Coldplay fan at all though so I doubt she'll come on here to talk about it. lol

Had a great time with all the OXfam-ers and of course the fantastic concert!

DFit, thank-You so very much for your review and multi pics!!! I know your still buzzing!!!

Where are you in Tampa? Can't wait for August!!!

P.S. Some of the pics where Chris is not smiling, but has his mouth open like a duh look, well

he looks like some of his earlier boyish looking pics!!!!:)

Coldplay gets cozy with fans at West Palm Beach's Cruzan Amphitheatre

It's no small accomplishment to make a sea of 16,000 people feel like an intimate audience in a small club, but that's what Chris Martin and Coldplay did at West Palm Beach's Cruzan Amphitheatre on Friday night. Joking, charming, and leading blissful singalongs, Martin and company made the opening night of their U.S. tour into a celebration of the feel-good power of pop music.

The sentimental peak came when the group ventured into the middle of the crowd to lead them in an acoustic version of The Monkees' I'm a Believer, teasing at and enjoying the song's innocent "I'm in love, ooooohhhh, I'm a believer" enthusiasm. "People in the back are you in love?" Martin asked, and got a ringing affirmation.

Given that the British rock group just finished another U.S. tour, also in support of their hit 2008 album Viva La Vida, last November, with a stop in Sunrise that same month, the size and enthusiasm of Friday night's crowd was an impressive demonstration of Coldplay's popularity.

Their music is often somber on record. Live, however, even regretful, elegiac songs like The Scientist, or the plaintive ballad Fix You (which inspired Martin's wife, actor Gwyneth Paltrow, who was in the audience, to press her hand to her heart) became fervent and soaring. Drummer Will Champion supplies a solid, thundering foundation for guitarist Jon Buckland and bassist Guy Berryman ringing, churning guitar lines, lusher and more powerful than on record. Martin's famous falsetto rises through the storm, quiet or wailing, naturally and movingly expressive. "For you, I'd bleed myself dry," he sang on Yellow, the beautiful breakout ballad from Coldplay's first album, as big yellow balloons floated through the crowd, and you believed him.

Martin is a natural showman, alternating classic writhing rock star leaps, stage striding, and firey piano playing with an old school, theatrical British humor and calculated but still charming humility. He thank the audience frequently and profusely, asked them if they were having a good time ("If you came to see the Bee Gees, that's tomorrow, and you'll be disappointed"), and joked about how good looking they were. "We'd be honored if you'd sing this with us," Martin said during Clocks, one of Coldplay's best loved older songs. The crowd didn't have to be asked twice.

The production was beautifully designed, not just for effect, but to heighten the feeling of the music -- with some sly cultural jokes. The soaring strains of Strauss' Blue Danube Waltz (producing some interesting variations on your classic concert wave) led into the opening Life in Technicolor, with a giant backdrop of Eugene Delacroix's famous painting Liberty Leading the People (an emblem of Coldplay leading the masses to aesthetic liberation? A topless woman heading up a really good time?) as the band came onstage carrying torches. Projections swirled over giant globes whirling overhead, and the video on two large screens pulsed in rhythm or flickered in black and white with the songs. For the glowing Lovers in Japan, close to the end, the standard confetti guns instead blasted paper butterflies, a simple change that added a magical feeling to the song.

The only sour spot, Coldplay's highly touted giveaway of a free live CD to concert goers -- a generous idea which Martin announced from the stage -- was badly executed, with insufficient CDs which were difficult or even impossible to find. But for most people, it's likely that their memories of this show were gift enough.

http://www.miamiherald.com

Everyone has to understand WPB is the POLO PONIES, corporate stuffy bigwigs that were down front,heaven help them trying to look like they were having fun. Lots of Millionaires in WPB.

Great reviews, Gwyn looked so happy!!! I can't wait until August.

@Kels: MartinFan gives a more accurate description of what I wanted to say when explaining why the WBP crowd in the front was rather lame

And to be more specific, when I say "older," I mean the 30 year-olds.

40 and 50 year-olds who are Coldplay fans and go to the concerts tend to be committed, enthusiastic fans. I have meet a couple here on the Live concert threads in this forum.

Here's the famous sign that Jonny saw, smiled, shrugged his shoulders, and said: "We Couldn't":

2namcsl.jpg

Sign/Poster, ticket, crappy paper setlist, pit wristbands, live albums, and bag full of confetti.

You can fill out a pinata with that confetti :laugh3:

You are more than welcome, I'll be uploading more later today. So keep up! :kiss:

:bomb: I wish Guy would see me and smiled at me several times :dead:

Maybe you were the only boy on that side of the pit? :rolleyes:

DFit, thank-You so very much for your review and multi pics!!! I know your still buzzing!!!

Where are you in Tampa? Can't wait for August!!!

Neither can I !!! :bomb:

It's gonna be SO amazing, I can just feel it. :D

@Kels: MartinFan gives a more accurate description of what I wanted to say when explaining why the WBP crowd in the front was rather lame

And to be more specific, when I say "older," I mean the 30 year-olds.

40 and 50 year-olds who are Coldplay fans and go to the concerts tend to be committed, enthusiastic fans. I have meet a couple here on the Live concert threads in this forum.

Lola, Shhhhhh I am one of the committed, crazy, 40 something!! BRing on August, and I am glad you got what I ment about WPB folks.

yay for more awesome pics and updates!!

Well guys, here's my review:

Coldplay has done an incredible job in many of their concerts, and to open the tour in West Palm Beach with so much energy and ecstaticism, was a memory that all of us will never forget.

I arrived at the venue at 5:30pm, the queue was long and I though to myself to I won't be able to get into the pit and get a good view. Apparently to my surprise, the doors opened at 6:30pm, and I immediately ran to the pit to the get the best spot possible. I was correct! The pit was excellent, very small, and only held 200 people. I was straight up front of the stage by Guy's side, and I just had a feeling of passing out... But luckily I didn't. :laugh3:

Howling Bells started around 7:30pm, they were an incredible band, with beautiful melodies and rhythm. Then Pete Yorn came up, and it was the second big beat! They had an amazing personnel and crew, and the music was great.

Around 8:30, Pete Yorn finished, and the crew were getting everything ready in the stage for the boys! Many songs were played while they were doing that (Including Magnificent by U2). Everything was ready for the boys at 9:15, and they started at 9:30pm with Life In Technicolor. Although there were some rumors that the setlist was going to change, it did not. They didn't even play Speed Of Sound or any other old famous and beautiful songs. (The setlist was posted by me on pages 86-87 in this thread).

Although, I had a little bit of dissapointment in the setlist, I still enjoyed the show very much by being so close to the stage! I took awesome pics and recorded many good videos. The highlights were Chris Martin talking about American Idol & Susan Boyle, always joking around with Satriani, the B-Stage songs (God Put A Smile, Talk (Both remixed), The Hardest Part, and Postcards From Far Away).

They had an amazing energy during Viva La Vida, and Lost! - After that they went all the way back to the lawn to C-Stage and played Green Eyes, Death Will Never Conquer Me, & I Am A Believer (Beatles Cover).

I had made a sign for them to play Moses! Guy was the first one that saw it, and he laughed not saying or doing anything. Then Chris saw it, he was surprised and winked at me and my partner! :lol: Then finally Jonny saw it during the encore, he read it and smiled at me so sweetly!!!! He just shrugged, lift up his hands, and said something that apparently by reading his lips was: "We Couldn't" :laugh3:

So sad that they didn't play Moses! I hope you all guys get changes in the setlist as well as some other good stuff thrown in. Overall, it was a great show with intense energy from Chris (He has now long hair), and Jonny's smile and shoulder shrugging was unforgettable. :nice:

24cv85i.jpg

25f3rz4.jpg

a2vzon.jpg

2mqna7c.jpg

9iqvpf.jpg

2zxv4eb.jpg

2wpmpsh.jpg

scu8vl.jpg

:dance:

:dance: SUCHHH a great review!! i'm so happy that you had an awesome time! :D sooo lucky that you were right beside Guy :sneaky::wink3:

23625605.jpg

23625826.jpg

23625834.jpg

oh my lord. :bomb: