✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-May-2009: Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL, USA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like someone said, they've been apart for 6 weeks, they can't just come back and play a totally new setlist...hopefully once they get going it'll change a little.

doesn't help me, i'm seeing them tomorrow! maybe they're working on new stuff today :))))))

Yeah, well they have soundchecks to work on new stuff, they had one yesterday, another tomorrow maybe they'll have worked on something by then. Here's hoping :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMOr4O2e3xw]YouTube - Coldplay at the Cruzan Amphitheatre - May 15, 2009 [22][/ame]

The setlist will probably remain the same for the next week or so at least.

I find it interesting that last night's setlist was identical the Sydney show when I saw them on 12/03. The only difference is that You're The Voice was moved to later in the show, and I'm A Believer and DWNC switched places.

They played Speed Of Sound at the other 3 Sydney shows though, yet like the Sydney show I went to, they once again left it out last night. I get the impression they're not too keen on it.

42...another epic ending, I love how he looks at his watch during, cocky effer :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYo-f0Mi4HA]YouTube - Coldplay - 42 live West Palm Beach 5/15/09[/ame]

LiTii

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJqoQIFn3Io]YouTube - Coldplay at the Cruzan Amphitheater - May 15, 2009 [23 - Final Video][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYo-f0Mi4HA]YouTube - Coldplay - 42 live West Palm Beach 5/15/09[/ame]

LITii

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJqoQIFn3Io]YouTube - Coldplay at the Cruzan Amphitheater - May 15, 2009 [23 - Final Video][/ame]

Politik

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u3vEIEsECI]YouTube - ColdPlay 5-15-09[/ame]

:thinking:Ooooh yeah! The Oxfam shirt! i was wanting to hear about that too!

My feelings about the show, -yes, it seems it is staying pretty much the same, I can accept that, just cause it is a great show. Who knows how long till we get the boys back on tour coming round again, they are milking this VLV act as long as they can.

I`m loving that Chri`s hair is(imho) the perfect length-:wink3: and that he wore the light blue jacket, my fave!

I also feel too, after listening intently, that to me it seems his vice is improved- or that at least he seems to be making an effort to improve it . Like on the LRLRL cd- of course, it`s the BEST versions of each song i think, and it sounds he tried more in the concert vids from WPB too.(maybe cause Gwynnie was there, lol)

I look forward to one more dose of this tour/setlist, and will savour it as it won`t ever be back.

And the physical CD is gorgeous! I wanna one.

23625608.jpg

23625611.jpg

23625826.jpg

23625834.jpg

Ohmygawd :dead:

I like this photographer :wideeyed: :sweatdrop: :bomb:

It looks like the magnificent ripped jeans have made a comeback :wacky:

*goes to check out the vids*

Well guys, here's my review:

Coldplay has done an incredible job in many of their concerts, and to open the tour in West Palm Beach with so much energy and ecstaticism, was a memory that all of us will never forget.

I arrived at the venue at 5:30pm, the queue was long and I though to myself to I won't be able to get into the pit and get a good view. Apparently to my surprise, the doors opened at 6:30pm, and I immediately ran to the pit to the get the best spot possible. I was correct! The pit was excellent, very small, and only held 200 people. I was straight up front of the stage by Guy's side, and I just had a feeling of passing out... But luckily I didn't. :laugh3:

Howling Bells started around 7:30pm. Incredible band, with beautiful melodies and rhythm, then Pete Yorn came up, and it was the second big beat! They had an amazing personnel and crew, and the music was great.

Around 8:30, Pete Yorn finished, and the crew were getting everything ready in the stage for the boys! Many songs were played while they were doing that (Including Magnificent by U2, and another one by Jay-Z). Everything was ready for the boys at 9:15, and they started at 9:30pm with Life In Technicolor. Although there were some rumors that the setlist was going to change, it did not. They didn't even play Speed Of Sound or any other old famous and beautiful songs. (The setlist was posted by me on pages 86-87 in this thread).

Although, I had a little bit of dissapointment in the setlist, I still enjoyed the show very much by being so close to the stage! I took awesome pics and recorded many good videos. The highlights were Chris Martin talking about American Idol & Susan Boyle, always joking around with Satriani, the B-Stage songs (God Put A Smile, Talk (Both remixed), The Hardest Part, and Postcards From Far Away).

They had an amazing energy during Viva La Vida, and Lost! - After that they went all the way back to the lawn to C-Stage and played Green Eyes, Death Will Never Conquer Me, & I Am A Believer (Beatles Cover).

I had made a sign for them to play Moses! Guy was the first one that saw it, and he laughed not saying or doing anything. Then Chris saw it, he was surprised and winked at me and my partner! :lol: Then finally Jonny saw it during the encore, he read it and smiled at me so sweetly!!!! He just shrugged, lift up his hands, and said something that apparently by reading his lips was: "We Couldn't" :laugh3:

So sad that they didn't play Moses! I hope you all guys get changes in the setlist as well as some other good stuff thrown in. Overall, it was a great show with intense energy from Chris (He has now long hair), and Jonny's smile and shoulder shrugging was unforgettable!!!

24cv85i.jpg

25f3rz4.jpg

a2vzon.jpg

2mqna7c.jpg

9iqvpf.jpg

2zxv4eb.jpg

2wpmpsh.jpg

scu8vl.jpg

:dance:

Thanks for your review and great pics!! :bomb:

Coldplay has done an incredible job in many of their concerts, and to open the tour in West Palm Beach with so much energy and ecstaticism, was a memory that all of us will never forget.

I arrived at the venue at 5:30pm, the queue was long and I though to myself to I won't be able to get into the pit and get a good view. Apparently to my surprise, the doors opened at 6:30pm, and I immediately ran to the pit to the get the best spot possible. I was correct! The pit was excellent, very small, and only held 200 people. I was straight up front of the stage by Guy's side, and I just had a feeling of passing out... But luckily I didn't. :laugh3:

Howling Bells started around 7:30pm, they were an incredible band, with beautiful melodies and rhythm. Then Pete Yorn came up, and it was the second big beat! They had an amazing personnel and crew, and the music was great.

Around 8:30, Pete Yorn finished, and the crew were getting everything ready in the stage for the boys! Many songs were played while they were doing that (Including Magnificent by U2). Everything was ready for the boys at 9:15, and they started at 9:30pm with Life In Technicolor. Although there were some rumors that the setlist was going to change, it did not. They didn't even play Speed Of Sound or any other old famous and beautiful songs. (The setlist was posted by me on pages 86-87 in this thread).

Although, I had a little bit of dissapointment in the setlist, I still enjoyed the show very much by being so close to the stage! I took awesome pics and recorded many good videos. The highlights were Chris Martin talking about American Idol & Susan Boyle, always joking around with Satriani, the B-Stage songs (God Put A Smile, Talk (Both remixed), The Hardest Part, and Postcards From Far Away).

They had an amazing energy during Viva La Vida, and Lost! - After that they went all the way back to the lawn to C-Stage and played Green Eyes, Death Will Never Conquer Me, & I Am A Believer (Beatles Cover).

I had made a sign for them to play Moses! Guy was the first one that saw it, and he laughed not saying or doing anything. Then Chris saw it, he was surprised and winked at me and my partner! :lol: Then finally Jonny saw it during the encore, he read it and smiled at me so sweetly!!!! He just shrugged, lift up his hands, and said something that apparently by reading his lips was: "We Couldn't" :laugh3:

So sad that they didn't play Moses! I hope you all guys get changes in the setlist as well as some other good stuff thrown in. Overall, it was a great show with intense energy from Chris (He has now long hair), and Jonny's smile and shoulder shrugging was unforgettable. :nice:

24cv85i.jpg

25f3rz4.jpg

a2vzon.jpg

2mqna7c.jpg

9iqvpf.jpg

2zxv4eb.jpg

2wpmpsh.jpg

scu8vl.jpg

Howling Bells started around 7:30pm, they were an incredible band, with beautiful melodies and rhythm. Then Pete Yorn came up, and it was the second big beat! They had an amazing personnel and crew, and the music was great.

Around 8:30, Pete Yorn finished, and the crew were getting everything ready in the stage for the boys! Many songs were played while they were doing that (Including Magnificent by U2). Everything was ready for the boys at 9:15, and they started at 9:30pm with Life In Technicolor. Although there were some rumors that the setlist was going to change, it did not. They didn't even play Speed Of Sound or any other old famous and beautiful songs. (The setlist was posted by me on pages 86-87 in this thread).

So sad that they didn't play Moses! I hope you all guys get changes in the setlist as well as some other good stuff thrown in. Overall, it was a great show with intense energy from Chris (He has now long hair), and Jonny's smile and shoulder shrugging was unforgettable. :nice:

24cv85i.jpg

25f3rz4.jpg

a2vzon.jpg

2mqna7c.jpg

9iqvpf.jpg

2zxv4eb.jpg

2wpmpsh.jpg

scu8vl.jpg

Thank you so much! Amazing review and pics :wideeyed: I especially love the first one.

Here's the famous sign that Jonny saw, smiled, shrugged his shoulders, and said: "We Couldn't":

2namcsl.jpg

Sign/Poster, ticket, crappy paper setlist, pit wristbands, live albums, and bag full of confetti.