✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

9-Jun-2009: New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, LA, USA

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody has an extra pair of good seats for a huge Coldplay fan I'd be happy to grab them - even a bit over face.

The fact that I'd now have to pay $200 to get decent seats pisses me off - there was no buzz locally about this concert so I just had no idea about it.

I'm a huge Coldplay fan - you can quiz me if you want. I've seen them twice since VLV came out and I had incredible seats both times.

They announced late Thursday night on this site about the June N.O. concert, the tix went on presale the very next morning at 10:00 am. Thats a good thing for me.;)

Last I checked there were tixs to be had at TicketMaster (saturday night passed). You may want to check eBay as well. Good luck. ;)

^You're right

Although I checked today, and no floor ticket. I just need one! :dozey:

only got 4 for myself and daughters. BUT, will keep an eye out for one on Ebay for ya.. Good luck,hang in there , you'll get one. :smug:

Hey just bumping with some info in case anyone is interested...

Ticketmaster has pretty much sold out the lower bowl but now if you search "100 level off floor" you will get seats in section 116 and 121 which are considered to be "behind the stage" but in reality are among the best seats in the house.

I sat in 121 for the Police concert and aside from the people in the first 10 rows on the floor, I had a better view than anyone in the arena. You're basically on the side of the stage and very close to the band members.

Sections 121 and 116 both start on row 6, so if you're pulling seats in Row 14 you're really on the 8th row.

Just thought I'd pass that along - these are great seats that are coming up - way better than anything that's been available lately. I have New Orleans Hornets season tickets in both of these sections because they're the most price-efficient.

scs153a_a.gif

Hey just bumping with some info in case anyone is interested...Ticketmaster has pretty much sold out the lower bowl but now if you search "100 level off floor" you will get seats in section 116 and 121 which are considered to be "behind the stage" but in reality are among the best seats in the house.I sat in 121 for the Police concert and aside from the people in the first 10 rows on the floor, I had a better view than anyone in the arena.  You're basically on the side of the stage and very close to the band members.scs153a_a.gif

So heres another bump - and a question-

my tixs are Floor A, row 7 and row 8.

are you saying mine are great seats? just checking, never been to the n.o. arena.thanx for your input:)

VIP FLOOR

I just went on ticketmaster and bought 2 VIP A floor tickets in New Orleans. Does anyone know what this means? I already had 2 tickets on the floor previously... but I have no idea what this VIP means.

Also, to the guy with the 7th and 8th row. Those should be very decent... assuming this VIP thing isn't in front...

I just went on ticketmaster and bought 2 VIP A floor tickets in New Orleans. Does anyone know what this means? I already had 2 tickets on the floor previously... but I have no idea what this VIP means.

Also, to the guy with the 7th and 8th row. Those should be very decent... assuming this VIP thing isn't in front...

Yeah, it's so confusing.

I keep checking this concert since I am planning on going to NOLA in the summer, hopefully around Coldplay's concert.

BUT I cannot buy tix on Ticketmaster because of the residence restriction.

Have you sold those 2 floor tickets yet?

Yeah, it's so confusing.

I keep checking this concert since I am planning on going to NOLA in the summer, hopefully around Coldplay's concert.

BUT I cannot buy tix on Ticketmaster because of the residence restriction.

Have you sold those 2 floor tickets yet?

I have sold them... my apologies. But I have seen some sites where you can get good floor tickets for $150 a piece or a little more....

I have sold them... my apologies. But I have seen some sites where you can get good floor tickets for $150 a piece or a little more....

Nah, don't worry. :lol:

That ticket (VIP B, Row 9) keeps showing up on TicketMaster.

It must be a sign for me to go ahead and buy it. :rolleyes:

I kind of feel stupid right now, I just realized the concert is on June 9,

NOT on June 6. This is good news, airfare is cheaper on Tuesdays and Wednesdays :sneaky:

Yeah, I'm confused :confused:

What's the difference between VIP floor and Main floor? :inquisitive:

When I search for Main Floor, it shows nothing.

But when I search for VIP Floor, it shows me tix

Nah, don't worry. :lol:

That ticket (VIP B, Row 9) keeps showing up on TicketMaster.

It must be a sign for me to go ahead and buy it. :rolleyes:

I kind of feel stupid right now, I just realized the concert is on June 9,

NOT on June 6. This is good news, airfare is cheaper on Tuesdays and Wednesdays :sneaky:

Did you get those row 9 tickets? I'm on VIP row 10.... Let me know if you figure out what VIP means and i'll do the same

I'm not going to this show, but I would figure VIP Floor means it's the first rows of the section, meaning they are better than regular floor seats. If they are row 9 and 10, then I would think they are TRUE row 9 and 10, which are some of the best. They were probably reserved for friends/family or something and got released along with all the other good seats at other shows...

I'm not going to this show, but I would figure VIP Floor means it's the first rows of the section, meaning they are better than regular floor seats. If they are row 9 and 10, then I would think they are TRUE row 9 and 10, which are some of the best. They were probably reserved for friends/family or something and got released along with all the other good seats at other shows...

Well, that suxs.:angry:

bought 4 tix as soon as TM released tix for sale, within 2 minutes of TM opening to presale, I was checking out and payed for them. You would think the VIP tixs would be offered at the presale.

I am in Floor A row 7 and 8, so I will assume that means at the back of section Floor A. Pobly around row 17 and 18 or even further back.

I am NOT happy with this outcome.

If site admins are reading this, count me as PISSED OFF. :angry:

I called the N.O. Arena Box office and asked if there was a difference between VIP and regular and she couldn't answer the question.

She said she had a seating chart for the show (which I can't find anywhere on line) and there is not a VIP section on it. So maybe my VIP 10 row is actual 10th row...

Who knows.....

Well, that suxs.:angry:

bought 4 tix as soon as TM released tix for sale, within 2 minutes of TM opening to presale, I was checking out and payed for them. You would think the VIP tixs would be offered at the presale.

I am in Floor A row 7 and 8, so I will assume that means at the back of section Floor A. Pobly around row 17 and 18 or even further back.

I am NOT happy with this outcome.

If site admins are reading this, count me as PISSED OFF. :angry:

I wouldn't get mad, I was just guessing, so it could be something completely different... I'm not sure why they suddenly added those though... Maybe it just means you get some extras and VIP Row 9 is the same as Floor Row 9, but you get some drink coupons or something, lol... It could also be like a PIT, which means it would most probably be in front of general floor. I wouldn't fret though... Sounds like you have great tickets. Believe me, anything Row 20-ish or under on the floor is usually great. It is weird though... I'll keep checking here since I kind of want to know myself! I haven't seen this situation at any other show...

I called the N.O. Arena Box office and asked if there was a difference between VIP and regular and she couldn't answer the question.

She said she had a seating chart for the show (which I can't find anywhere on line) and there is not a VIP section on it. So maybe my VIP 10 row is actual 10th row...

Who knows.....

Maybe they renamed the main floor into "VIP floor" :thinking:

Because there can be two floors :dozey:

• 3 weeks later...

IT LOOKS LIKE MORE GOOD TICKETS HAVE BEEN RELEASED!!

Ticketmaster has good club tickets left... I just checked. No floor though.. but I saw 8th row aisle seats on SEC 113... which isn't bad.

NOLA is my home base! We need to show Coldplay a good time there AND FILL UP THE HOUSE!!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I'm getting restless!! I just saw them in Atlanta on Sunday and it was AMAZING!!

I do have a proposition though, if anyone is interested. I have to tickets in FLOOR A, ROW 10, and it has the VIP on the ticket. I'm looking to swap for comparable tickets on FLOOR B. If you have better, I'd be willing to compensate you a little bit :wink3:

Let me know through PM or through here!! Only three weeks away!! :jester:

Okay I'm getting restless!! I just saw them in Atlanta on Sunday and it was AMAZING!!

I do have a proposition though, if anyone is interested. I have to tickets in FLOOR A, ROW 10, and it has the VIP on the ticket. I'm looking to swap for comparable tickets on FLOOR B. If you have better, I'd be willing to compensate you a little bit :wink3:

Let me know through PM or through here!! Only three weeks away!! :jester:

couple questions- could you tell us what is the difference in VIP seats and non VIP ?

Is Floor B better than A, or a personal choice for the move?

Thanks.

We have seats in Floor A and in Floor B, both are non VIP and was wondering the difference- if any. Thanks for any comments you may have.:)

We are SO PUMPED and cant stand the wait. :D:D

couple questions- could you tell us what is the difference in VIP seats and non VIP ?

Is Floor B better than A, or a personal choice for the move?

Thanks.

We have seats in Floor A and in Floor B, both are non VIP and was wondering the difference- if any. Thanks for any comments you may have.:)

We are SO PUMPED and cant stand the wait. :D:D

I do not know the difference between VIP and non VIP. This is news to me. The move is a bit of a personal choice for me. I have seen this show 4 times, and 3 times with the setting as I believe it will be in NOLA.

Those 3 times I've sat on Floor A, and they roam the stage so much, it'd be cool to be on the other side.

I'm also tempted to just flat out buy closer seats to the stage. These are the best tickets I've ever gotten from Ticketmaster directly, so I didn't pay as much as what I have before. Anyway, let me know if you have any more comments or questions.

Looks like we'll have as many as 4 tickets for sale for the HOUSTON show in July. Anyone interested send me an email. Cynthia Woods -covered seats.

Thanks for the reply on VIP seats. We'll find out in less then 2 weeks! :)