✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

9-Jun-2009: New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, LA, USA

wow, quiet in here, ha... thought i'd stop in and see if anything was going on. I know tomorrow is going to be busy, ha! It's times like this I wish I had an iPhone or something so I could twitter, but Angie will be able to do that ;)

Sooooo excited about tomorrow though! It's so f'ing hot, ugh...

I can't twitter. I text Mel and Kels and they post updates.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry:no good updates SUCKS.

lol@Angie- indoor gigs, "chickens"

they must fear swamp creatures.:stunned:

is Mel lined up to txt your updates tomorrow night then?

No, she is in Cali and won't be able to. Are you available Kels? (Only if you wanna, of course)

:D

:thinking:i think, pretty much, yep, but may be a bit spotty till the boys actually take the stage.

if anything major happens before that, i will deff post it.

Angie, what time you going to the venue?

:thinking:i think, pretty much, yep, but may be a bit spotty till the boys actually take the stage.

if anything major happens before that, i will deff post it.

Angie, what time you going to the venue?

Not sure yet. How dare Mel leave us in our hour of need! :angry:

Just got back from the Arena. I'm typing this on my phone so it'll be short and sweet until I can write something longer on my computer.

This was both mine and my friend's first Coldplay show. I made her come with me even though she barely knows any of their songs. Let's just say after tonight she's been converted. The boys were absolutely amazing. Definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to. As far as the setlist goes, I was a bit foggy on it but I checked Nashville's and I'm pretty sure it was the exact setlist. Like at the Nashville show, they went offstage and down the aisle (where I got to touch Chris and Guy's hands :D /fangirl), where they went up and sang a few songs by the people in the back in the 1st level up. The guy behind me was watching Chris and all of his usual stage antics and said, "He is high as a kite." lol

In short, it was amazing. I cannot wait to go again.

:dance::dance::dance:yay a mini review! And for another new Coldplay convert, lol..."one fangirl at a time:sneaky:"

Thanks for posting, yoselyn!:clap: Glad you had a wonderful time...you have now joined the few who are elitists in the "I copped a Chrissy feel Club":D

a review

its the morning after, and my head is still singing. My god, what a concert.

Howling (?) Bells started the show. Very good group, loved the music.

Snow Patrol came next. Why don't I have their cd's? This is a really good group. I will buy their music today...............

.............................................and then..........................

C_O_L_D_P_L_A_Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to sum it in 2 words:

Totally Awesome

Each gig they do is full of energy, they draw in the crowd, the visuals are wonderful and of course, the music is what brought me there. There were no disappointments last night.

My 11 year old grand daughter even got to touch Chris Martin. That look on her face was worth all the money spent . Then she proclaimed she wasn't going to wash that hand for a month....Can YOU remeber those times?

I do not remember the play list to report to you. Sorry, but at 56 I'm allowed. Can tell you I heard nothing new, but am sure there will be soon.

The balloons, the butterflies, the show. Going again in July to the Houston show and I'm already packed my bags for that. Bringing all my girls with me.

Probably the best show i've seen so far... but a few hiccups w/ arena personnel. I'll post a solid review later, but they did play one song in the bleachers, first level, that's not on the setlist. It seemed to be New Orleans tune, similar to, i suppose, Georgia on my Mind at the Atlanta gig.

:dance::dance::dance:yay a mini review! And for another new Coldplay convert, lol..."one fangirl at a time:sneaky:"

Thanks for posting, yoselyn!:clap: Glad you had a wonderful time...you have now joined the few who are elitists in the "I copped a Chrissy feel Club":D

you are too funny Kels

VIP SEATING

I wanted to address this VIP seating thing we all discussed on this thread earlier.

We had seats in Floor A,row 7 & 8. and Floor B row 6....

The actual seating last night was a VIP A section and a VIP B section starting at the stage. Each of those 2 sections had 8 rows with 14 seats in each row. 112 seats X 2 or 224 seats UP FRONT AND CLOSE.(an expanded pit???).......These VIP seats started at the stage and worked back.

Behind these VIP sections were the "STANDARD" floor seats .:angry:

Obviously you can not buy these VIP seats, or am I wrong?

If someone knows a way to get these seats, please drop me a PM or email.

About the gig they did up in the bleachers- I counted 2 songs and a funny. The cell phone wave was great also........

:)

Yaayy finally something to read :D

Glad everyone had fun!! :dance:

its the morning after, and my head is still singing. My god, what a concert.

Howling (?) Bells started the show. Very good group, loved the music.

Snow Patrol came next. Why don't I have their cd's? This is a really good group. I will buy their music today...............

.............................................and then..........................

C_O_L_D_P_L_A_Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to sum it in 2 words:

Totally Awesome

Each gig they do is full of energy, they draw in the crowd, the visuals are wonderful and of course, the music is what brought me there. There were no disappointments last night.

My 11 year old grand daughter even got to touch Chris Martin. That look on her face was worth all the money spent . Then she proclaimed she wasn't going to wash that hand for a month....Can YOU remeber those times?

I do not remember the play list to report to you. Sorry, but at 56 I'm allowed. Can tell you I heard nothing new, but am sure there will be soon.

The balloons, the butterflies, the show. Going again in July to the Houston show and I'm already packed my bags for that. Bringing all my girls with me.

Awwww that's adorable!! :blush:

So glad both you and your granddaughter had an amazing time :D

And yay for her touching Chris' hand :wacky: Lucky girl :nice:

Good luck in Houston, hope you have as much fun as lastnight :nice:

A few topics/issues:

1) The VIP seating. I bought VIP row 10 through Ticketmaster. I believe when the "good" Coldplay tickets went on sale a few weeks late for all of the shows, these became available. There was an option to purchase VIP Floor on the Ticketmaster seating choices. What pissed me off, was that I called the arena several times and they told me that VIP was the same as main floor, so i bought row 3 tickets from a secondary seller. Waste of money, and I sat in my VIP 10th row.

2) VIP rows. There were supposed to be 10 rows and they only sat up 9. (the first row only had two seats all the way in the left and right). Talk about serious problems. Poor security people didn't know what to do. Bad execution by the New Orleans Arena all the way around with the floor seating.

3) Satellite stage. Please tell me this wasn't a dream, but didn't they sing a New Orleans friendly song? Someone please confirm:inquisitive: If so, what was it?

4) The show. I have seen this tour 5 times now and have to say this is the friendliest I've seen them in front of a crowd. The Atlanta amphitheater show was very good too; but, I'm surprised how well they were with the crowd. I liked the purple shirt Chris was wearing also, I hadn't seen that one yet.

5) Exiting. I went with my sister and after Yellow, she spotted a yellow unpopped balloon and grabbed and hung on to it throughout the show. Her intention was to take it home with her. After passing several security people, one lady she passed just said, you can't take that, and popped it in her hands. I was pissed yet again.

6) Speed of Sound. Replaced by Glasses of Water I believe, which is a good substitution.

Final thoughts: Fabulous show but I was perturbed with the Arena and the people they had working there. I didn't get a CD because I already had one from previous shows. I know this wasn't really a review, but just some thoughts that ran longer than I expected! haha

A few topics/issues:

1) The VIP seating. I bought VIP row 10 through Ticketmaster. I believe when the "good" Coldplay tickets went on sale a few weeks late for all of the shows, these became available. There was an option to purchase VIP Floor on the Ticketmaster seating choices. What pissed me off, was that I called the arena several times and they told me that VIP was the same as main floor, so i bought row 3 tickets from a secondary seller. Waste of money, and I sat in my VIP 10th row.

2) VIP rows. There were supposed to be 10 rows and they only sat up 9. (the first row only had two seats all the way in the left and right). Talk about serious problems. Poor security people didn't know what to do. Bad execution by the New Orleans Arena all the way around with the floor seating.

3) Satellite stage. Please tell me this wasn't a dream, but didn't they sing a New Orleans friendly song? Someone please confirm:inquisitive: If so, what was it?

4) The show. I have seen this tour 5 times now and have to say this is the friendliest I've seen them in front of a crowd. The Atlanta amphitheater show was very good too; but, I'm surprised how well they were with the crowd. I liked the purple shirt Chris was wearing also, I hadn't seen that one yet.

5) Exiting. I went with my sister and after Yellow, she spotted a yellow unpopped balloon and grabbed and hung on to it throughout the show. Her intention was to take it home with her. After passing several security people, one lady she passed just said, you can't take that, and popped it in her hands. I was pissed yet again.

Final thoughts: Fabulous show but I was perturbed with the Arena and the people they had working there. I didn't get a CD because I already had one from previous shows. I know this wasn't really a review, but just some thoughts that ran longer than I expected! haha

Your review is very good. I am pissed at security too for what they did to your sister & her balloon. For Pete's sake, its a BALLOON. Overall, I think they did a good job, but it only takes one instance such as yours to spoil an otherwise wonderful night.Try to keep in mind these people are very low paid workers.:laugh3:

Thanks for clearing up the VIP seating, next time I will still try for those seats and watch my girls melt away.:)