✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

9-Jun-2009: New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, LA, USA

I have a quick question/request for those going to this show...would anyone be interested in getting me a bunch of the leftrightleftright albums that are being given away at the end of the show? a bunch of friends and myself really would like the album, and I've got some friends outside of the US that would really really like a copy. I know you can download it, but we all want hard copies. If anyone wants to help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated and I would pay for the shipping of the cds to me and if anyone can get me a box of cds I'll pay $50 plus the cost of shipping (like through paypal or ebay or something). my friends and I really really really want a cd, (as do a bunch of my friends' friends that live in other countries). I would be very very greatful. Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks guys! Have a great time at the show!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I inquired about the VIP seats somewhat today. I called Ticketmaster support. They said that VIP seats are the first 10 rows of the floor. When I asked what was 10th row Main floor, she said it didn't exist.

The only way I think to find out for sure is to call the ticketmaster customer service with confirmed ticketmaster tickets in VIP and non VIP sections. If anyone has regular main floor tickets 10th row or better, and wants to inquire, let me know and i'll give you my info so you can ask what the difference is.

I'm very curious.

I inquired about the VIP seats somewhat today. I called Ticketmaster support. They said that VIP seats are the first 10 rows of the floor. When I asked what was 10th row Main floor, she said it didn't exist.

I'm very curious.

YIPEEE !!!

from your comments I gather the first 10 rows are VIP, row 11 starts the "standard" seating. That being the case (I know, its an assumption) then I have 4 seats in the VIP section, FLR A row 8 and FLR B row 7......:)

I would imagine the demarcation between the 2 sections is probably an aisle,a rope border or something similar.

One thing is for sure, we'll find out in just a few days.:P

Thanks for the info you acquired.

Isn't this an arena show? Shouldn't there be more excited fans about Coldplay in New Orleans!! It isn't a place they visit often! Two days.. AHHH

I really wish I could to the front row!! I only have 3rd row... not complaining but like to see them up close for the show closest to my home!!

Hey guys! I'm so jealous that you get Snow Patrol as support...I'm going to the Houston show, and I've never heard of either of the acts. Ah, well. Anyway, I've got spare tickets to Houston if anyone's interested in coming to Texas! I've got three for section 111, row C, and I'm selling what I paid--$325 total, with all those goshdarned fees. Totally willing to sell a pair or singles--just message me!

And HAVE FUN TUESDAY!!! Like I said, INSANELY jealous!

Guitarist Jonny Buckland riffs on the meaning of life in Coldplay (New Orleans preview)

medium_coldplay%201.jpg

"There's a possibility of being a more acoustic record," guitarist Jonny Buckland says of the next Coldplay album. "But that still remains a possibility rather than a certainty."

In the Fountains of Wayne minidrama "Someone to Love," lovelorn corporate attorney Seth Shapiro "puts Coldplay on, pours a glass of wine/curls up with a book about organized crime."

The implication is clear: Coldplay is the feel-good band of yuppies the world over.

In a decade, singer Chris Martin, guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman and drummer Will Champion have evolved from utter unknowns to cultural touchstones. They've sold tens of millions of albums, endorsed various charitable and political causes and, in the case of Martin, married Hollywood royalty without seeming insufferable.

One minor bump in the road: In December, guitar wizard Joe Satriani filed a lawsuit alleging that the title track of Coldplay's current "Viva la Vida" album plagiarized his 2004 instrumental "If I Could Fly." Nice chaps even when sued, the band responded, "If there are any similarities between our two pieces of music, they are entirely coincidental, and just as surprising to us as to him.... Joe Satriani is a great musician.... We wish him well with all future endeavors."

Buckland called from his home in England during a recent break in Coldplay's tour, which stops at the New Orleans Arena on Tuesday, June 9.

Coldplay has not performed in New Orleans since a 2003 show at the Saenger Theater. Should we take that personally?

I think we were supposed to come back just after Hurricane Katrina hit, but the gig was canceled. So I don't think you should take it personally.

You're over the career hump -- you've established who you are and what you do. I don't know if "relax" is the right word, but you've earned both credibility and success and can have some fun with it.

We've never enjoyed touring so much actually. We feel like we're playing better than we ever have and having more fun on stage than we ever have. The more we put into it, the more we get out of it. So it's the opposite of relaxing.

What element of the current show works best for you?

Where we go out and play in the audience. We try to get to the back of the crowd and pop up somewhere. It's kind of ramshackle, and we don't decide what songs we're going to do until we're there.

In arenas, you can feel a long way away and disconnected. We try to make people feel like they've actually been to see a real band rather than watching them on the TV.

Do you use some sort of satellite stage?

"Stage" might be overstating it a bit. More like a satellite shelf.

You never set out to be a guitar hero -- your guitar work is in the service of the song. Is that a fair assessment?

I think so. I've never gone in much for the solos. I was always more interested in atmospherics. Listening to bands like Mercury Rev or My Bloody Valentine or even The Verve, the way those guitarists played.

Do you solo at all during the show?

No, not really. I maybe have one, but it's not really shredding or anything like that. There's no Van Halen in me. (laughs)

Drummer Will Champion was Coldplay's original guitarist. It probably worked out best that you played guitar and not Will.

Yeah, well, he was a better drummer than me. (laughs) He probably is a better guitarist -- he's a very good guitarist. He's pretty much good at everything he does. He can even play the tin whistle. He's sort of a multitalented, Swiss Army drummer.

Don't you just hate that?

It is a bit annoying.

I'm guessing you don't wear the colored bits of tape on your fingers like Chris Martin because that would make it hard to play guitar.

That's Chris' thing. We can't all be doing the same thing.

You'd look like Devo.

Or Kraftwerk. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing, actually.

You put out the EP "Prospekt's March" in November with songs left over from the "Viva la Vida" sessions.

There were some songs that didn't really fit on the album. We didn't want to save them for another record. It felt silly to save them; they were already a couple of years old.

So it wasn't a qualitative decision to leave them off "Viva la Vida"?

We started writing a record, then we went to South America and scrapped the initial idea of what the record was about. We changed it to "Viva la Vida." So some of the songs just didn't fit with that at all, but we still really liked those songs. They told a different story.

Do any of those turn up in the set?

We play "Glass of Water" quite a bit and "Life in Technicolor II" as well. We love playing them live. We wanted to get them out there, so that we could be indulged.

Have you started writing for the next album?

We've written tons. We've got so much material, it's almost hard to know in which direction to go. It's quite a nice stage where you're bringing together all your ideas and picking which way to take them.

Any early indication of the mood?

There's a possibility of being a more acoustic record. But that still remains a possibility rather than a certainty.

You're not going to really work on it until after the tour?

We never really stop working on stuff. It's continuous. Touring only really takes up an hour and a half (a night). There's plenty of time to be writing music and playing. We won't finish anything this year, but we'll certainly get started.

Momentum feeds itself.

Being on tour, you're excited about playing live and you want to keep on going. You never want it to end, that adrenaline rush. It does feed into you writing more songs and getting excited about new ideas.

We love playing music. It's the best job in the world. We want to work all the time. It's hard to make us take a holiday.

It's definitely in the Top 5 jobs.

For us, it's No. 1. There's nothing else we'd rather be.

You don't want to trade being a guitarist for being a dentist?

No, thank you.

One last thing: Have you taken down all your Joe Satriani posters?

(laughs) Honestly, I never had a single one. I promise.

COLDPLAY

With: Opening acts Snow Patrol and Howling Bells

When: Tuesday, June 9, 7 p.m..

Where: New Orleans Arena, 1501 Girod St.

Tickets: $49.50, $79.50, $97.50 plus service charges through Ticketmaster.

http://blog.nola.com

Hey Dfit, are you making this trip? If so have a great time. Also, how come some of their venues are now indoors? Is it cause there are no outside venues in some of these areas?

August 9th is drawing closer:D

I believe starting with Nashville, the rest are indoors in the States until the July/August let, where they are outdoors again. But yeah, I'm guessing there were no suitable outdoor venues.

YES

It's here people! Daughters coming to pick me up now so we can start the journey ( 1 hour) to the arena. Yep, we gonna be early for those row 7 seats !:laugh3:

The 2003 Sanger Theater was my first time to see this outstanding group. Tonite is my 4th Coldplay concert with an encore in Houston next month!

Cant believe its finally here.:)

By the way, an outdoor concert tonight in New Orleans would be in a heat oven.I'm thanking them for being inside.;)

Tomorrow I will give a review if anyone is interested.

It's here people! Daughters coming to pick me up now so we can start the journey ( 1 hour) to the arena. Yep, we gonna be early for those row 7 seats !:laugh3:

The 2003 Sanger Theater was my first time to see this outstanding group. Tonite is my 4th Coldplay concert with an encore in Houston next month!

Cant believe its finally here.:)

By the way, an outdoor concert tonight in New Orleans would be in a heat oven.I'm thanking them for being inside.;)

Tomorrow I will give a review if anyone is interested.

YES, we want a review!!!!:) August in Florida is terrible, our concert is outside, just hope there isn't any hurricanes brewing.