✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Simpsons: Coldplay's Chris Martin among season 21 guests

forcin

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Simpsons has added more celebrity guest voices to season 21: EW.com has learned that Coldplay frontman Chris Martin will lend his vocal cords to an episode this winter in which Homer wins a million-dollar lottery and hires the band to play a concert just for Bart and him. “When Bart goes to the bathroom, Coldplay has to stop,” notes Simpsons exec producer Al Jean. Season 21 debuts Sept. 27 on Fox.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/07/24/the-simpsons-coldplays-chris-martin-sarah-silverman-among-season-21-guests/

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy:!

That's gonna be soooo cool :cheesy:

I love The Simpsons.

I love Coldplay.

It's too bad The Simpsons hasn't given a guest band appearance any proper justice since U2.

The quality of the series has suffered since the late 90's, and even though they occasionally put out a great episode, I can't help but feel an appearance by Chris is gonna turn out tacked-on. Metallica, The White Stripes, R.E.M., Blink 182, The Rolling Stones, and The Dixie Chicks have all appeared recently, and their appearances all sucked (I suppose the Rolling Stones appearance wasn't terrible).

If this seems pessimistic, make no mistake that if they do it right, I will be so, so happy. :D And I am looking forward to seeing him (and possibly the rest of the band) in yellow animated form (haha, he should sing "Yellow" just for irony).

Damn yellow family can't get me to stop watching over a decade after its demise. :veryangry2:

Yes, the simpsons suck lately, but seeing Chris and perhaps the rest of the band (as it says the band will play for Homer & Bart, not just Chris) in their yellow selves should be pretty funnny.... I just hope it's not the LiT ii puppets all over again :uhoh:

AHH, I can't wait for this! :dance:

I'm not a religious Simpsons watcher, so I can't make a call on how good it is these days, but I've always loved the show, and my brother is a Simpsons addict. I'm going to have to keep a lookout for when this airs :D.

I assume, however, like with most shows, the UK is a season or two behind the US? I'll just have to hunt it down online once it airs, like I'll have to do with everything else I watch :P.

Gonna be a great watch, But i hate how the Simpsons has been for the last 10 years. I wish they would just stop making these terrible episodes. We'll only like this because of Chris :D

Season 20 has no comparison to pre season 10.

omg the simspsons is the single greatest television show on the face of this earth. do you guys see how obsessed we are w/ coldplay? i'm equally as obsessive w/ the simpsons. i would always tell my friends that the most perfect episode would be if coldplay guest starred. it would be the best of both worlds for me. when i read this i started to hyperventilate & just screamed, jumped up & down, laughed.............omg i can barely control myself right now just thinking about it!! i said if theydo ever guest star i would have an obsession overdose & either faint or have a seizure.

and greenday weren't in an episode they were in the movie. & don't diss greenday i like them. as an obsessed simpsons fan it is my honest opinion that the new episodes are in fact better than te old ones. i find them funnier. i have no idea why you're all saying "it's crap now." it's amazing & like i said before the single greatest show ever. omg i can't wait to see chris all yellow!!

As Homer Simpson famously says all the time..."Whoo-hoo!" :dance:

As an avid watcher of the show, I will say that the show is not as good as it once was but that is because the show has been on for a long time. Normally, when a show has been on TV for a long period of time the quality does good down.

I am so excited! Since it's gonna air in December, it will just add up to my Christmas presents :D

omg the simspsons is the single greatest television show on the face of this earth. do you guys see how obsessed we are w/ coldplay? i'm equally as obsessive w/ the simpsons. i would always tell my friends that the most perfect episode would be if coldplay guest starred. it would be the best of both worlds for me. when i read this i started to hyperventilate & just screamed, jumped up & down, laughed.............omg i can barely control myself right now just thinking about it!! i said if theydo ever guest star i would have an obsession overdose & either faint or have a seizure.

and greenday weren't in an episode they were in the movie. & don't diss greenday i like them. as an obsessed simpsons fan it is my honest opinion that the new episodes are in fact better than te old ones. i find them funnier. i have no idea why you're all saying "it's crap now." it's amazing & like i said before the single greatest show ever. omg i can't wait to see chris all yellow!!

YOU STILL GO ON HERE?!?!?!?! :wacko:

now Chris needs to guest star on House. :sneaky:

Oh yes. :sneaky: