✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FIRST POST UPDATED ## Pre-Wembley Coldplaying meet-up - Trafalgar Square @ 5pm (Thursday 17th Septem

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so we'd have to find a place where to meet exactly...

I made a visualisation to make it easier to describe :D

There's the "One & Other" living statue art project at the moment at Trafalgar Square.

So there should be many people watching.

I don't know what it'll be like then... but the left side of the Square when looking at the National Gallery had always been more quiet.

So I'd suggest to meet near the southwest plinth - what do you think?

Trafalgar-Square-London-from-above.jpg

View from there, Dec 2008:

CIMG3333.jpg

Ok, so we'd have to find a place where to meet exactly...

I made a visualisation to make it easier to describe :D

There's the "One & Other" living statue art project at the moment at Trafalgar Square.

So there should be many people watching.

I don't know what it'll be like then... but the left side of the Square when looking at the National Gallery had always been more quiet.

So I'd suggest to meet near the southwest plinth - what do you think?

Trafalgar-Square-London-from-above.jpg

View from there, Dec 2008:

CIMG3333.jpg

now that is DETAILED!!! :stunned:

:uhoh: webcam game?

i didn't knew about it. :surprised:

so time will be 5pm?

I mentioned it to Ian last night. Said if the meeting in Trafalgar Square was after I got home from work, I'd try to get a Coldplaying Trafalgar Square screen grab from the webcam :D

I mentioned it to Ian last night. Said if the meeting in Trafalgar Square was after I got home from work, I'd try to get a Coldplaying Trafalgar Square screen grab from the webcam :D

If we meet around the One & Other (fourth plinth) there is 24hr streaming, and the videos can be watched for days afterwards :)

I've applied for a place on the plinth, and was really hoping it'd coincide with the meet-up, but I guess that was just a little too hopeful :P

Ooooh whatcha gonna do if you get on?

Well, I've watched quite a few plinthers, and it seems the ones who let balloons go or play music get everyone going the most.

So, my plan is to take a sound system up there and play Viva La Vida :) I would have two costumes - one a copy of Chris' from the Strawberry Swing vid, and the other would be something with an elephant mask (a la my avi here).

Friends down below would film in addition to the online streaming so something decent could be edited together, and I'd just dance about really :dance: but I'd like to make two vids out of the footage - one for Lost and one for Lovers in Japan (where I'd throw down confetti I still have from the gigs, and release the balloons at the end) :)

I'd also hang around for the whole day and do various time-lapse shots around the square, especially the sun rising and setting. People milling around.

I would so love to do this, I hope I get my chance :)