✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld
^yeah , I love the songs :mellow:

But the word "country" and Noel Gallagher , doesn't really fit together in my eyes

Oh I'm sure Noel could make it work beautifully! Mark my words!

Jon Graboff has also been working on Noel's record. He's been laying down some pedal steel guitar work on one or some of the tracks. Does this mean Noel's record (or single) is country music inspired? Considering the video for 'The Death of You and Me' was filmed in rural California it would be hard to say it won't be.

I wouldn't be surprised if the album's got a bit of a country-flavour to it. He's apparently also been writing/working with David McDonnell of The Sand Band and Noel wants him in his touring band. I've just discovered their debut album (They're The Coral's label-mates) and they use a lot of pedal steel, but in a subtle way; not out-and-out country. (I highly reccommend their album if anyone's interested ;) )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kret_T1nv20]YouTube - ‪The Sand Band - Set Me Free‬‏[/ame]

Guest howyousawtheworld
I wouldn't be surprised if the album's got a bit of a country-flavour to it. He's apparently also been writing/working with David McDonnell of The Sand Band and Noel wants him in his touring band. I've just discovered their debut album (They're The Coral's label-mates) and they use a lot of pedal steel, but in a subtle way; not out-and-out country. (I highly reccommend their album if anyone's interested ;) )

I heard about Noel's possible involvement with The Sand Band last summer. The early rumours in August suggested that they'd be his backing band. Only partly true with David McDonnell's contribution. They're a very decent band!

Guest howyousawtheworld
I like Noel's vocals on this:

Noel wrote the song and collaborated with them on this track. Gave it to The Chemical Brothers to do their trickery on. I like the Tomorrow Never Knows influence the CB's put to it. This is Noel's acoustic version

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0oaJXR8jY]YouTube - ‪Noel Gallagher Acoustic Collection - Setting Sun‬‏[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Rumours from a few sources that Noel will officially announce details of his solo plans this Wednesday the 6th of July.

Guest howyousawtheworld
yay :dance:

Neil McCormick of The Daily Telegraph music section says the press conference which he is allegedly to host on Wednesday is definitely happening now.

Also rumours from a source or two that he's booked the Olympia theatre in Dublin for two nights in November which can surely only mean one thing....a tour that will be starting in the autumn!

Noel Gallagher To Play Special Acoustic Set At T In The Park This Weekend

Written by Emma DawsonMUSIC NEWSJul 5, 2011

It is believed that Noel Gallagher will tomorrow not only announce details of his debut solo album but will also reveal that he is playing a special acoustic set at this weekends T In The Park festival.

The former Oasis star who will hold a press conference tomorrow morning in London is thought to be set to play at the Scottish festival on Friday, 8th July.

Noel’s press conference is set to take place at 11.45am tomorrow. Keep checking M Is For Music for updates!

In related Noel news, the singers website now looks set to be launched, with a favicon present in the navigation bar.

:dance:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Noel Gallagher To Play Special Acoustic Set At T In The Park This Weekend

Written by Emma DawsonMUSIC NEWSJul 5, 2011

It is believed that Noel Gallagher will tomorrow not only announce details of his debut solo album but will also reveal that he is playing a special acoustic set at this weekends T In The Park festival.

The former Oasis star who will hold a press conference tomorrow morning in London is thought to be set to play at the Scottish festival on Friday, 8th July.

Noel’s press conference is set to take place at 11.45am tomorrow. Keep checking M Is For Music for updates!

In related Noel news, the singers website now looks set to be launched, with a favicon present in the navigation bar.

:dance:

Damn it. Wasn't planning on going to T in The Park even if Coldplay are there (much rather see them on tour) but if this is true and it was announced much earlier I'd probably have gone.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I heard rumours last night of a second album within months produced by AA, a far more expreimental and less comnercial album which is unbelievable because the 22 minute Falling Down remix done by Noel and AA is stunning. And his first album WILL have If I Had A Gun, Stop The Clocks and Record Machine! Cannot wait!

Tracklisting:-

Everybody's On The Run

Dream On

If I Had A Gun...

The Death Of You And Me

(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine

AKA...What A Life!

Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks

AKA...Broken Arrow

(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach

Stop The Clocks

He needs a BIG hit from this album. I fear from the songs weve heard so far there isnt one from them. Will be very interesting to hear the full album. Tour is in October and starts in Dublin.