✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

Get this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcvuU1-L1I]YouTube - ‪Noel Gallagher: why did Oasis split up? (High Flying Birds press conference)‬‏[/ame]

^that was interesting watching. I'm right with Noel on the pretty green advertising thing, that's got no place in their tour programme. I like the "plum throws plum" headline thing :lol:

Anyway question on the tracklist, cos I've not followed any of the later Oasis material but are some of these songs quite old then? i thought they'd all be new solo stuff, it's a bit disappointing if he's rehashed some old oasis cast-offs innit..?

Quite a few are songs that Noel wrote during the Oasis era, but most weren't released officially or recorded/performed fully. There's only one poor quality recording of If I Had a Gun from a soundcheck in Hong Kong, and the way Noel sings it sounds like he probably hadn't written all the words anyways or didn't know them yet.

Anyways, I'm super excited. LP5 + Noel's album(s) will make 2011 one of the best years ever. :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
^that was interesting watching. I'm right with Noel on the pretty green advertising thing, that's got no place in their tour programme. I like the "plum throws plum" headline thing :lol:

Anyway question on the tracklist, cos I've not followed any of the later Oasis material but are some of these songs quite old then? i thought they'd all be new solo stuff, it's a bit disappointing if he's rehashed some old oasis cast-offs innit..?

I don't think it's disappointing. He was always intending to release these songs on an album whether it was with Oasis or on a solo record. He demoed Stop The Clocks and Record Machine along with testing If I Had A Gun and Everybody's On The Run at sound checks during their Dig Out Your Soul Tour. A lot of people, including Liam, stated that he deliberately kept off these tunes from past Oasis records for future use in a solo career.

His second album with Amorphous Adrogynous though is the thing I'm looking most forward to.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Full press conference here

Mike Rowe, former live and session piano player for Oasis from the mid 90s to 2001 joins up with Noel once more.

I'm glad he's doing it this way. The material he's been sitting on for years finally gets a proper release and the 'far-out' screw-the-past album everyone was hoping he'd make will get a separate release.

And it's good that he doesn't 'forget' his old songs and still wants to play them live.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T3cZBMJCQg&feature=related]‪Oasis new song Everybody is on the Run live in Rio de Janeiro @ Citibank Hall, Brazil 2009‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I've heard it before , f course:mellow:

BUT SHIT , THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD :wacky: :bomb:

There are no words to decribe how genius I think that man is !

Guest howyousawtheworld
:thinking:

yeah, what IS happening ? :wacko:

Oh sorry! I heard rumours of tour dates being announced for around that day or at least some further announcement by Noel. Could be earlier or later though. Looking forward to TDOYAM. And it's great we get a b side as well.

Oh damn , I'm not home then :bomb:

shit , I'd love to go to his first gig (not T-in the park :confused:)

Yeah, awesome that there is a b side ....

I hope it won't be put for "preordering"

Noel was against that , he already made a twitter ...

I hope he doesn't go further ...

:wacko: