✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UPDATE (PAGE 5): 15TH SEPT @ 5.15PM GMT - IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT QUEUING AT WEMBLEY!! PLEASE RE

mc_squared

As far as I know there are only two ramps to queue from north east and south and then when it's time for door open you get lead to the turnstilles which are the gates printed on the tickets.

So what we all really need to know is what ramps are on the tickets we have.

I think one of the confusing things is that you don't actually queue in front of Entrance B but queue at South East Ramp.

P.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone should now be listening to "Don't Panic" on repeat.............................. :thinking:

the lyrics would be perfect "yeah everybody here has got somebody to lean on" ie a buddy to queue while we are searching for the tickets at the box office ahah

Hello everyone!!!

Its Craig, and I have news which should comfort and calm everybody who is panicking like hell, about the ticket situation!

Following my chat with the afforementioned "Mr Martin Smithson" yesterday, I posted the information I was told immediately. This has seemingly changed since yesterday, which I am both tottally peed off about, and also heavenly relieved.

The guy i spoke to yesterday was not available, and i was passed around from 3 different lackies, until i got a very nice lady, by the name of Leanne. Now I explained to her that i was calling on behalf of many people attending the shows, and some of whome are coming from abroad to collect their tickets from the box office.

When I told her about Mr Smithsons comments from yesterday, and explained my concerns, she said to me, "You're Joking Right??!!!" To which I replied NO, and stated how worried i was, anyway she said that he has given me improper information, and that at a full staff meeting this morning, everyone was informed of the exact precedures that will be followe for the coldplay shows.

So here it goes:

There are only two ramps to queue at for anyone with GA tickets. Thes are the North-East and North-West ramps.

She told me that they have been made aware of concerns from fans collecting from the box office, and said that they "NOW WILL DEFINATELY ALLOW ANYONE WHO IS IN POSSESION OF A GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET, TO ENTER AT ANY OF THE GATES FOR THE SHOW."

Now she went on to say that all of the tickets printed for GA goers, were split into Gates Allocated, so there should be roughly the same amount of people in the two queues/ramps. This is becuase 50% of the GA people will be at H & J, which is to queue at the North-West ramp, and 25% have got B & C, and M & N each, therefore 25% x2 =50%, and these will queue at the North-East ramp, thus a fair split.

When you get your tickets from the box office, go back and join youre freinds/ fellow coldplayers, in the queue, and there will be no problem at all!

Also, the tickets are read from a barcode scanner at each turnstile, therfore Mr Smithsons comment of people being turned away is nonsense because its done by machine, and they are now programmed to let everyone who is GA, through any gate! (but this is a new developement from a staff briefing this morning, so it might not be Smithies fault, but maybe im being kind?).

So to some up, Anyone with H&J tix, are meant to queue at North-West ramp, and anyone with B&C or M&N are meant to queue at the North-East ramp. But it doesnt really matter. because you WILL be let in at either!!

Also an added bit, is that the Box Office opening time now is confirmed as, 11:00am.

Ok, so thats it I think, i spent a lot of time (and money, im dreading my phone bill :( ) finding this out today, but im certain it is worth it, and i hope that everyone is a lot better about stuff now, and can start looking forward to it again.

Over and out :D

Hello everyone!!!

Its Craig, and I have news which should comfort and calm everybody who is panicking like hell, about the ticket situation!

Following my chat with the afforementioned "Mr Martin Smithson" yesterday, I posted the information I was told immediately. This has seemingly changed since yesterday, which I am both tottally peed off about, and also heavenly relieved.

The guy i spoke to yesterday was not available, and i was passed around from 3 different lackies, until i got a very nice lady, by the name of Leanne. Now I explained to her that i was calling on behalf of many people attending the shows, and some of whome are coming from abroad to collect their tickets from the box office.

When I told her about Mr Smithsons comments from yesterday, and explained my concerns, she said to me, "You're Joking Right??!!!" To which I replied NO, and stated how worried i was, anyway she said that he has given me improper information, and that at a full staff meeting this morning, everyone was informed of the exact precedures that will be followe for the coldplay shows.

So here it goes:

There are only two ramps to queue at for anyone with GA tickets. Thes are the North-East and North-West ramps.

She told me that they have been made aware of concerns from fans collecting from the box office, and said that they "NOW WILL DEFINATELY ALLOW ANYONE WHO IS IN POSSESION OF A GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET, TO ENTER AT ANY OF THE GATES FOR THE SHOW."

Now she went on to say that all of the tickets printed for GA goers, were split into Gates Allocated, so there should be roughly the same amount of people in the two queues/ramps. This is becuase 50% of the GA people will be at H & J, which is to queue at the North-West ramp, and 25% have got B & C, and M & N each, therefore 25% x2 =50%, and these will queue at the North-East ramp, thus a fair split.

When you get your tickets from the box office, go back and join youre freinds/ fellow coldplayers, in the queue, and there will be no problem at all!

Also, the tickets are read from a barcode scanner at each turnstile, therfore Mr Smithsons comment of people being turned away is nonsense because its done by machine, and they are now programmed to let everyone who is GA, through any gate! (but this is a new developement from a staff briefing this morning, so it might not be Smithies fault, but maybe im being kind?).

So to some up, Anyone with H&J tix, are meant to queue at North-West ramp, and anyone with B&C or M&N are meant to queue at the North-East ramp. But it doesnt really matter. because you WILL be let in at either!!

Also an added bit, is that the Box Office opening time now is confirmed as, 11:00am.

Ok, so thats it I think, i spent a lot of time (and money, im dreading my phone bill :( ) finding this out today, but im certain it is worth it, and i hope that everyone is a lot better about stuff now, and can start looking forward to it again.

Over and out :D

Sorry but it doesn't so clear... the south east ramp?

I had a long conversation with a guy from "security", and he told me pretty much the same as what Craig heard today.;)

Nobody I spoke to appeared to have heard of "Martin Smithson", so maybe he was a Radiohead fan who had infiltrated the Wembley staff or something.:rolleyes:

The security guy, Paul, said that the GA tickets will work through every GA turnstile, and the only way you might be directed to a specific queue is if you actually ask a member of the security staff to direct you.

He also said he had queued there himself before, so he is speaking from experience.

He said the security personnel are mostly concerned about people "pushing in", and are not going to check everyone's ticket as they queue.

His other advice was that if you had any concerns at all, you should ask a member of security when you arrive to avoid any problems later on.

He also confirmed there will be NO "golden circle" for the concert, just a completely open space.

So I think we can now all rest reasonably "easy".:cool:

Just received an answer from someone at Wembley about the mail I sent last week, here's what they wrote (15 minutes ago)

"Please queue at the entrance specified on ticket"

which is south-east

I guess they have really bad problems of communication :rolleyes: