🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Okay, I found someone at work who has a laptop and was willing to let me use it to upload a couple of pics (one of the globe and case, another of the certificate). I'll take some better pics (and a goofy one or two) at home tonight or tomorrow. I'll try to get an outlet adapter/converter tonight so I can take some pics with it plugged in.

Globe

11ry99d.jpg

Certificate

9uu1ok.jpg

This globe is so damn incredible! Thanks for sharing your pics =)

I didn't know you could plug it, careful! :tongue:

Btw, what did you send to Anna Carrie?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I was unable to get an outlet adapter today to plug in the globe. I went to Home Depot, thinking for SURE they'd have one there, but the employee said they don't carry that kind of adapter. :freak: (For those of you not in the U.S., Home Depot is basically a huge warehouse with everything you'll ever need for the inside and outside of your home.) I'll have to track down an adapter somewhere else.

I'd like to take more pics all at once, so additional pics will have to wait for another couple of days until I can get an outlet adapter to plug it in. (sorry) But trust me, when I do post the pics, it will be major pic-spam. :awesome: We can just chew on the pic from the other page for now.

Speaking of "chew"... When I was driving home I had the case sitting in my passenger seat. There is a green buckle-strap which is used to secure the case lid, and is also used to carry it. So I look over at it, and I notice that on the green strap there is a really... really... REALLY old, dirty, nasty piece of gum that is stuck to the strap. For a split second there my train of thought was, "Oh, how awesome, maybe one of the boys was chewing it and decided to stick it there, I wonder if I lick it I could taste what kind of gum it was, I wonder which one was chewing it..." But that was only for a split second. I quickly snapped back into reality and thought, "eew, disgusting, don't even think about it". :lol: I'll be sure to include a picture of the gum with the other pics. :D

Speaking of "chew"... When I was driving home I had the case sitting in my passenger seat. There is a green buckle-strap which is used to secure the case lid, and is also used to carry it. So I look over at it, and I notice that on the green strap there is a really... really... REALLY old, dirty, nasty piece of gum that is stuck to the strap. For a split second there my train of thought was, "Oh, how awesome, maybe one of the boys was chewing it and decided to stick it there, I wonder if I lick it I could taste what kind of gum it was, I wonder which one was chewing it..." But that was only for a split second. I quickly snapped back into reality and thought, "eew, disgusting, don't even think about it". :lol: I'll be sure to include a picture of the gum with the other pics. :D

:lol:

Eww, it was probably some gross roadie gum anyway... :uhoh:

I was unable to get an outlet adapter today to plug in the globe. I went to Home Depot, thinking for SURE they'd have one there, but the employee said they don't carry that kind of adapter. :freak: (For those of you not in the U.S., Home Depot is basically a huge warehouse with everything you'll ever need for the inside and outside of your home.) I'll have to track down an adapter somewhere else.

I'd like to take more pics all at once, so additional pics will have to wait for another couple of days until I can get an outlet adapter to plug it in. (sorry) But trust me, when I do post the pics, it will be major pic-spam. :awesome: We can just chew on the pic from the other page for now.

For a little lightbulb, you could get by with an adapter, I'm sure. Do you have a Brookstone near you? Or any travel type store - I know Sharper Image used to carry them, but they went out of business. Maybe Best Buy, too. When we moved from CA to London, we had to buy big (relatively speaking) transformers to power big things like our stereo and tv, but a lightbulb is pretty small :)

So you need to slow down your shutter speed and spin the globe to get the right effect when you get the lightbulb working ;)

:dance: oh yes, please do!!!

Just got my Bass as well, it is not actually a Rickenbacker 4001 but a 4003 made week 7 in 1999 (they are very similar), Midnight Blue with black hardware and trim. It's kind of a metallic finish but very fine so depending on the angle and the light it can look light or dark blue.

Looks like I need a bit of advice on how to post my photo's, but they're on photobucket:

http://s824.photobucket.com/albums/zz170/rickenbacker_photos/?newest=1

?action=view&current=IMG_0830.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0827.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0823.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0822.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0818.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0819.jpg

:dance: thanks for the pics!!!

IMO, I thinks it's cool that you'll play it! I mean an instrument is made for that right, no matter who the previous owner was. If I had it and if I played bass, I would play it too! I would feel 'honored' or 'proud' to play it after such a great musician :cool:

Just got my Bass as well, it is not actually a Rickenbacker 4001 but a 4003 made week 7 in 1999 (they are very similar), Midnight Blue with black hardware and trim. It's kind of a metallic finish but very fine so depending on the angle and the light it can look light or dark blue.

That looks so awesome! So happy for you that it finally arrived! If you've had any restlessness nights about it, I bet now you will sleep like a baby. :D

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by NumbersGirl;3944071

Worse than the other ones posted, if you can believe that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nooooooo, really?!

How is that even possible?!

Good thing you're a Will luva then

I wasn't even going to go there...

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a huge joker, and was just having a good time poking fun at Guy's expense these past couple of weeks. It's not like I don't like the "Guy" -- I bought his damn jacket!! :kiss: :guy:

However, nothing like a post from the Oracle to remind you of how overextended & exhausted the multi-talented, very handsome Guy Berryman is at the moment. :( Not to mention makes you, the author of such teases, feel slightly rotten for making fun of the COA signature aka line drawing than can be easily replicated by anyone. Really, it's so easy that a caveman could do it. :wink3:

My new thoughts towards the COA:

Guy was writing in his newly created Apparatjik alphabet. His book containing the new language, dictionary and primer, arrive in bookstores 4/4.

:shame:

EEEEEWWWWW! :freak:

Can't wait to see your siggy ;)

Fantastic condition, 1 tiny paint chip on the headstock and 1 or two other minor marks, hardly any marks on the pickguard other then where he appears to have put some sticky tape to mark the settings for tone and volume .There is a little bit of rust on the strings. It does have quite a few tiny blobs of sticky stuff on and around the pickup. Unsure what it is. I know some would rather enshrine their item, but I don't want it just hanging on the wall so I do intend to clean it and play it, sorry if that upsets anyone. It doesn't appear to have had much use and I still can't find any photo's of it other than stills from the 'Shiver' video, so if anyone knows of any. I would love to have a photo of Guy playing it Live.

Anyway, after all the drama's, I'm ecstatic, I suppose all is well that ends well.

Forgot to make picture of certificate but looks just like the others, I wonder if Guy designed the album cover for Zappa's Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch.

Again, congratulations NumbersGirl, looking at your photo's with your other globes and Coldplay memorabilia and Keyboard I don't think it could have found a better place after Chris', I think you were always destined to get it.

Looks like I need a bit of advice on how to post my photo's, but they're on photobucket:

?action=view&current=IMG_0830.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0827.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0823.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0822.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0818.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0819.jpg

Bout bloody time!!! :laugh3:

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN :dance:

Love the piccies!

EDIT: The 'shame' was for me - for still picking on poor Guy - not YOU Amanda!!!

I wonder if Guy designed the album cover for Zappa's Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch.
I didn't know that album cover but I looked it up! :laugh4:

BEAUTIFUL!!! :stunned:

Thanks for the pictures, it looks great!

Have fun playing it!

Quick photobucket explanation:

What you did I think was placing insertimage.gif button on here or - more simple - copy the IMG code on the bottom of that box.

The same box appears in small when you move the mouse over a pic in the album, this way you can copy individual pictures.

There's a setting that they appear permanently and not only when you move the mouse over a pic.

Last but not least you can check the boxes below the pictures (next to the name) and then click "Generate HTML and IMG code" on the bottom of the page and simply copy the links in the "IMG images for message boards" box :)

You can get an adapter at WalMart or Target. It will be where the luggage is.

Rick:

Thanks for posting the photos of your bass, especially on Photobucket. I'm now debating between a photo mug or playing cards of the blue boy...:thinking:

Carrie, maybe you should also consider photobucket? A mousepad of the Roadie 42's chewing gum would brighten my desk for sure! :laugh3:

Eee! Nice pics :D

But eek! MAKE SURE you get a voltage converter if you are going to plug it in, or you could burn up the globe and your house with it. And make sure any adapter or converter you use can handle the watts needed or it will likely burn out too.

Lightbulbs take a very high wattage. That's why you're going to have trouble. In the UK voltage is much higher so for the same number of watts, things draw much less current. Less current means smaller more fragile wires that could burn up if they suddenly started drawing twice as much current to supply the wattage needed at a lower voltage. (Watts = Voltage x Current) Smaller things might not matter so much, but power-wise a light bulb is a big thing.

If walmart doesn't have what you need, try Radio Shack- the person there should know enough to tell you which one you would need for a light bulb as long as you looked up the electrical info on the globe. (If you're very, very lucky it might be rated for both the US and UK.)