🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

I.Hate.You!

If he wasn't such a nice guy I would hate him too! :)

Wow, just wow!!!

I can't wait to see what you find hidden in the piano!!

:laugh3:

wow im at a loss of words.

wish i was able to get something from coldplay's early days =(

im so incredibly jelous of you guys! but the only good thing is that i know that some things went to actual coldplayers, so i guess im happy for you guys. lol

A lot of iconic pieces went to Coldplayers :clap:

Wow I can't believe it, Starfish flyers!? What more could you ask for!!??:o

Just amazing isn't it?!

OK, I just couldn't wait until Monday to unpack so I unpacked my Takamine..and wow..what a piece of history! I wanted to own this guitar ever since I first saw their pivotal Glastonbury 2000 performance. I always loved the part when Chris says to audience "It's great that you came here to see us now, before we go like Bon Jovi massive!" while holding his Takamine to start playing "Don't Panic". That truly was magical moment.

I can confirm that it was used on both the "Parachutes" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head" as there is a sticker on the guitar that mentions "I Bloom Blaum" a track from the "In My Place" single.

I have been collecting music memorabilia for years and handled so many artist / band used guitars but never seen one this much used. It has history written all over it. There are handwritten notes on both guitar and the case, some parts are fixed and hold together by cable tapes. There are dings, scrathes all over the body.. it's certainly much played in many gigs. The case has a sprayed Colplay logo on it along with a Levi's Jeans sticker.

When I took out the guitar, I found a very neat suprise inside the guitar case - inside the hidden compartment :)

There was some loose change, 2 batteries, couple of broken guitar strings (must have been kept from early performances as a keepsake), couple packs of new guitar strings and the best part was 3 x different Chris Martin guitar picks and flyers for very early Starfish / "The" Coldplay gigs (one of them was folded like a paper aeroplane yay!) :D

4274460510_bc25ab4fb0.jpg

4273709477_b0dac1e8f7.jpg

4274458836_716c562986.jpg

4274472906_355380250f.jpg

4273716863_2db3ca4551.jpg

4274451590_5c981e4ed2.jpg

:shocked2:you're so so lucky, the guitars so awesome!!!!!!!

Sirhc:

I purchased the Gibson J200 KC1 guitar (aka Til' Kingdom Come") and one of the tour jackets (Guy's), but won't receive either one until the Latin American tour finishes. Obviously they're not just going to make poor Guy give up his jacket to me quite yet -- though I'm still not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it once it arrives... :inquisitive:

Afeather

Finally got my items today!

Carried it all on underground from Kids Company to the hotel (Southwark to Kings Cross) - yay!

Station lifts were a great help, and thanks to Chris's handwritten COLDPLAY sign on the piano case - I get to meet couple Coldplayers on my way - They helped me a lot on the way back to my hotel - especially while changing stations (turns into a disaster due to the gap between train and the station!)

Not sure if I want to unpack everything today to check out- as my flight back is on Monday - and I don't want to repack everything all over again.

4274386038_85bf7476bf.jpg

4273643675_fee5b9076c.jpg

OK, I just couldn't wait until Monday to unpack so I unpacked my Takamine..and wow..what a piece of history! I wanted to own this guitar ever since I first saw their pivotal Glastonbury 2000 performance. I always loved the part when Chris says to audience "It's great that you came here to see us now, before we go like Bon Jovi massive!" while holding his Takamine to start playing "Don't Panic". That truly was magical moment.

I can confirm that it was used on both the "Parachutes" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head" as there is a sticker on the guitar that mentions "I Bloom Blaum" a track from the "In My Place" single.

I have been collecting music memorabilia for years and handled so many artist / band used guitars but never seen one this much used. It has history written all over it. There are handwritten notes on both guitar and the case, some parts are fixed and hold together by cable tapes. There are dings, scrathes all over the body.. it's certainly much played in many gigs. The case has a sprayed Colplay logo on it along with a Levi's Jeans sticker.

When I took out the guitar, I found a very neat suprise inside the guitar case - inside the hidden compartment :)

There was some loose change, 2 batteries, couple of broken guitar strings (must have been kept from early performances as a keepsake), couple packs of new guitar strings and the best part was 3 x different Chris Martin guitar picks and flyers for very early Starfish / "The" Coldplay gigs (one of them was folded like a paper aeroplane yay!) :D

Woah! I...I can't believe my eyes. These are so awesome!

Finally got my items today!

Carried it all on underground from Kids Company to the hotel (Southwark to Kings Cross) - yay!

Station lifts were a great help, and thanks to Chris's handwritten COLDPLAY sign on the piano case - I get to meet couple Coldplayers on my way - They helped me a lot on the way back to my hotel - especially while changing stations (turns into a disaster due to the gap between train and the station!)

Not sure if I want to unpack everything today to check out- as my flight back is on Monday - and I don't want to repack everything all over again.

4274386038_85bf7476bf.jpg

4273643675_fee5b9076c.jpg

*lower jaw falls on the floor*

Wowwww such an awesome package! And you totally deserve everything you got in it (including the starfish flyers :dead:), thanks for sharing your pics!

I love how the chords are written on the side of the guitar. As if he'd like, FORGET how to play the song. :lol:

it's actually the tuning for each string... so the Guitar Tech can tune the guitar properly backstage before he hands it to Chris

Guest LiquidSky

:speechless: Awesomeeeeeeee! How lucky!!!!! :speechless:

I Bloom Blaum is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL song...

i would guess T3 is for "Track 3"... it's track three on the In My Place single CD... i bet the last time he played this guitar might have been for the actual recording of that song on that album... or for a live performance in concert! (do the strings look very old/rusty? that song would have been recorded in 2002)

below is a link to the guitar tab for that song, and it features the exact tuning as seen on the tape:

http://tablaturas.buanzo.com.ar/index.php?ident=6078646

i know "A Message" had a very unique tuning... all strings down a half step, and two highest strings WAY down... can't wait to see if my guitar still has this tuning in place.