The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Louise (I hope i spelled it correctly, i apologize if i spelled it wrongly) :

whoaaaaaa you're luckyyy! :awesome:

Yes you spelled it right :). I still can't belive I was there. 2009 was a fucking good year.

I love damon in shorts !

I'm sure Alex came after he learn that their was a naked girl :sneaky:

And for the world cup I have 4 word : France is gonna win :escaping3:

Yes you spelled it right :). I still can't belive I was there. 2009 was a fucking good year.

I love damon in shorts !

I'm sure Alex came after he learn that their was a naked girl :sneaky:

And for the world cup I have 4 word : France is gonna win :escaping3:

yes you are so lucky!!

:lol:alex definitely showed up when the naked girls came lol

:dance: yah!! im rooting for a bunch of my favorite european countries and i hope france does do good!

Damon Albarn rides a bicycle partly because he likes riding a bicycle, and partly because he doesn't have a driving licence. After several attempts he did finally pass his test when he was 30, but in his first, and only, year on the road he was caught three times by speed cameras and had his licence taken away. That was when he learned that, even if you're a 30-year-old boy racer, when you lose a new licence you have to take your test again. Meanwhile, in the interim, the powers-that-be had introduced the multiple theory test.

Damon has now failed the multiple choice theory test five times.

The single fact, and the reasons for it, may perhaps tell you more about the way Damon Albarn and the world face up to each other, for better and for worse, than perhaps anything else.

"I've got a problem with some of the choices," he explains. "I don't agree with them."

Almost anyone else, if they took issue with any of the "correct" answers on their theory driving test, might nonetheless be prepared to tick the box required, and to register their dissent in another way. Damon, naturally, refuses to do this.

"No!" he says. "I disagree with them! 'If you see someone by the side of the road who looks ill, what do you do?' I might do something entirely different to what they say! It doesn't mean it's wrong."

The last time he went to take the test, he was so embarrassed to be returning yet again that he went in disguise: "a suit and glasses and stuff - being silly, really". It made no difference - instead of failing as Damon Albarn he failed as Damon Albarn in disguise. "I don't like exams," he says. "I don't like being judged." So he's planning to stick with his bicycles and his principles. "Me and cars don't really get on," he says. "I'm a rubbish driver, and there's way too many of them, obviously."

awww :laugh3: poor babay!

the rest of the interview is here.. it's actually a really good interview

http://www.vblurpage.com/articles/stories/q_07.htm

OH and I know we wondered how Jamie and Damon met... i found this ... i guess they met through Justine

q_07_friends_big.jpg

In fact he didn't lose it, he just fail at the test. 5 times...

I didn't know that but looking for the reason he doesn't drive I just found those articles

http://www.beattrend.com/2007/10/03/damon-albarn-fails-driving-test/

http://www.vblurpage.com/articles/stories/q_07.htm

And that quote from Alex

"The first time I stayed at Damon's, he took me for a drive and crashed, and then told me he didn't have a driving license - so I had to tell his mum I did it." - Alex.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Edit : Too late.

And thank for the interview and the article.:)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Damon looks scrumptious! :wink3: but this has to be the worst interview ever :lol: poor Damo and french interviews... they confuse him to no end! This confuses me too tho, it's not even an interview they just have him sitting there and they are playing bits of his songs. Weird

Wow I didn't know he's been in this show! Thanks for posting it Lizzey :kiss:

I hate this interviewer, poor Damon... And wtf with playing Blur/Gorillaz songs for so long? He seems embarrassed/annoyed :\

But he DOES look incredibly good :blush:

:laugh3: i have no idea! It looks really big on her tho. And in Bananaz Jamie is always teasing him, saying he has no clothes of his own, he just steals from everyone :lol:

I thought these needed posted too... you just cus the world cup and football and Damon.. they all go together so nicely :rolleyes:

tumblr_l466rkxnXg1qa3xrjo1_400.jpg

tumblr_l466w1RI121qa3xrjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l466ujaPlc1qa3xrjo1_400.jpg

tumblr_l467prZRau1qcp5kio1_400.jpg