✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Eno Effect

christopher Martin

I Know what You mean, Viva la Vida wasn't as good as AROBATH. But I Thought It was Still Pretty Good, We shall Just have to See how Good LP5 Is .

Just try to listen X&Y and Viva La Vida back to back...and you can see the difference.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about wanting more fans. It's about being happy with your album, if it should flop.

And though they're music is very different now than "Parachutes", it's also become a lot more interesting. Actually, structureswise it's closer to the "Blue Room E.P." again.

Also, you can hear "foreign" influences in their music, but they're a far cry from being World Music - which normally doesn't win you many new fans anyway.

I'm really happy that they're evolving. For me personally, VLV is their best album and my favourite.

A.

It's not about wanting more fans. It's about being happy with your album, if it should flop.

And though they're music is very different now than "Parachutes", it's also become a lot more interesting. Actually, structureswise it's closer to the "Blue Room E.P." again.

Also, you can hear "foreign" influences in their music, but they're a far cry from being World Music - which normally doesn't win you many new fans anyway.

I'm really happy that they're evolving. For me personally, VLV is their best album and my favourite.

A.

I like Brian Eno. :) If every album was like Parachutes, Coldplay would have been a little boring. Surprises are good!

Agreed! You cannot expect a band to do the same thing over and over again. Each Album needs to be original as possible without losing that spark, for me Coldplay have achieved this

Agreed! You cannot expect a band to do the same thing over and over again. Each Album needs to be original as possible without losing that spark, for me Coldplay have achieved this

don't worry i don't want the same album over and over, but viva la vida is far from being a decent record.

i'm ok with trying different things, but they are taking the wrong road imo...

It is not about getting fans, it is about taking bold new steps. They want to expand their musical repituire. Eno is helping them. Coldplay is not the kind of band that makes the same record twice, so what the hell are you complaining about?

why should we argue about something that's already done and finished?

everybody has his own personal opinion.

I think viva was way better then X&Y, which has great numbers on it, but the album doesn't sounds that great at all.. (my opinion!)

I just hope they'll get rid of the backing tracks..

I CAN doubt it's credentials.

I miss the music that actually means something.

I listen to the old stuff, i.e absolutely any of the first 3 albums,

and I hear Chris, I hear his songwriting, I hear the emotion and the meaning inside him.

Brian Eno, and his stupid fuc-k-ing letter, telling Chris he is "banned" from his own studio fo

a few weeks, have actully destroyed the beauty in their music.

I really have faith in Chris, and I know that someday, he might listen back to all of his work, and realise that he has stopped writing stuff he cares about, and has emotion for.

Then, I hope he says "Screw it, we did great before, and we wrote The Scientist, Fix You, Yellow, Amsterdam, Trouble, Shiver, What If, and sooo many more, which actually mean something to people... we need to do that again!!!"

____

Btw, I became a fan through VLV believe it or not, and as an item, a singular album, from start to finish, LiT to Escapist, it is still very beautiful, and a great album after all... just that CP don't make great albums, they make the best ever albums, and this is not it. :(

How can songs like Strawberry Swing or 42 not mean something. The album viva la vida is drawn on their experience of life and death. Some see Viva La Vida as dark but I see it as inspirational.

Songs like Prospekts March and Life in Technicolor ii, the words are so poignant and amazing.

I CAN doubt it's credentials.

I miss the music that actually means something.

I listen to the old stuff, i.e absolutely any of the first 3 albums,

and I hear Chris, I hear his songwriting, I hear the emotion and the meaning inside him.

Brian Eno, and his stupid fuc-k-ing letter, telling Chris he is "banned" from his own studio fo

a few weeks, have actully destroyed the beauty in their music.

I really have faith in Chris, and I know that someday, he might listen back to all of his work, and realise that he has stopped writing stuff he cares about, and has emotion for.

Then, I hope he says "Screw it, we did great before, and we wrote The Scientist, Fix You, Yellow, Amsterdam, Trouble, Shiver, What If, and sooo many more, which actually mean something to people... we need to do that again!!!"

you know what ? chris can't write a song with just him on the piano with brian eno...because eno must put something weird/irregular at the middle or at the end of the song just for the fuck of it.

coldplay can create something different even without a big head like eno,believe me.

How can songs like Strawberry Swing or 42 not mean something. The album viva la vida is drawn on their experience of life and death. Some see Viva La Vida as dark but I see it as inspirational.

Songs like Prospekts March and Life in Technicolor ii, the words are so poignant and amazing.

ya,the LYRICS.....

you know what ? chris can't write a song with just him on the piano with brian eno...because eno must put something weird/irregular at the middle or at the end of the song just for the fuck of it.

coldplay can create something different even without a big head like eno,believe me.

Chris won't release a song with just him on the piano because the point is working with the whole band, and that's what Eno wants them to do. :thinking:

I do think you're right about the fact that Coldplay can do amazing stuff without Eno, but since I personnally like him, it doesn't bother me they're working together again.

No, I love VLVODAAHF as an ALBUM, whoever said it's a load of little stories inside one big story is so right, and I love the way CP are progressing and moving in a new direction with each album. The thing with that is there's always going to be an album you don't like - for you it's VLV, for me it's Parachutes, for some people it might be AROBTTH, X&Y, or maybe the album they dislike is yet to come. It's like Radiohead; all of CP's albums are so different, so you're always gonna prefer some over others. You can't blame that on Brian Eno.

No, I love VLVODAAHF as an ALBUM, whoever said it's a load of little stories inside one big story is so right, and I love the way CP are progressing and moving in a new direction with each album. The thing with that is there's always going to be an album you don't like - for you it's VLV, for me it's Parachutes, for some people it might be AROBTTH, X&Y, or maybe the album they dislike is yet to come. It's like Radiohead; all of CP's albums are so different, so you're always gonna prefer some over others. You can't blame that on Brian Eno.

That was me about the stories :P I agree there is always going to be album you like less than others.

For others who say Eno is ruining coldplay, i disagree and I am sure Coldplay would take great offense to such remarks