✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Eno Effect

christopher Martin

AWESOME![/color][/u][/i][/b][/size] Too bad if you don't think so.

But wait; then why are you calling yourself ViVA Child, Gena? I am thoroughly confused...

Yeah? What is it with people who hate on Viva using all these Viva era names?

And can people please stop saying that Viva la Vida was empty. That's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Just because where someone may be in life doesn't allow them to connect to certain emotions, does not mean that the record lacks emotions.

God guys, Chris is married!!! The whole heartbreak and all that stuff isn't coming. For Chris' sake I certainly hope not. If we were to get songs like the old ones, they would disingenuous or contrived. Honestly, if you've heard Wedding Bells prepare yourself for an album that is actually contrived! I'm not saying that as a negative thing, but I feel like people have no idea where the music is coming from.

Chris certainly isn't Jay-Z, but he's a lot more confident than he used to be (as is the band) and this showed on VLV.

It would be one thing if people said they like a style and want it back. Like Parachutes or AROBTTH era stuff. But saying you want songs that have the "emotion" of Coldplay past is just silly. Any emotion that could tap into those past albums would have to be "artistically" made now, because Chris' feet have left the ground! He's HAPPY!!! BE HAPPY FOR HIM.

And anyone who has heard the gripes of people talking about Viva know that the one thing you hate is the "artistic" part of the album. For Coldplay to write songs in the same emotional vain of the past albums they'd have to go artistic - and with Wedding Bells it seems Chris may have.

Not all emotional songs are about love. On Viva la Vida you have more COMPLEX emotion (albeit most of it isn't even that complex folks)...

Cemeteries of London - "I see God come in my garden, but I don't know what he said, for my heart wasn't open"

42 - "Those who are not dead are not dead they're just living in my head" - regardless of what you think of the song, Chris obviously has some invested emotion in it, "Time is so short and I'm sure there must be something more," this is some heavy stuff folks

Lovers in Japan - "They are turning my head out, to see what I'm all about, keeping my head down to see what it feels like now..."

Yes - lots of "dark" stuff about desire

Viva la Vida - HE DOESN'T THINK HE'S GOING TO HEAVEN!!!

Violet Hill - certainly artistic but certainly emotional in it's moments

Strawberry Swing - FOR GOD'S SAKE THIS SONG IS SO EMOTIONAL!!! HE LOVES HIS KIDS!!!! You may not have kids but for God's sake don't you understand his love for them!!! "The sky could be blue, I don't mind, without you it's a waste of time" Whether that's for the kids or his wife, that's pretty emotional.

Death and all his Friends - Reassuring a lover - is this not emotional????

Life in Technicolor II - HE LOVES HIS WIFE!!!

Rainy Day - arguably about Guy's life, but certainly emotional in it's simple way. Perhaps too simple for people to realize how emotional it is.

Prospekt's March - Disillusionment and realization.

Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground - HE LOVES THE BAND!!! AREN'T YOU HAPPY FOR HIM?!?

to all those who don't need to hear this I apologize for my rant, but I'm growing weary of this Viva bashing that talks about emotions. Talk about style, talk about anything but the album not being emotional. That's not a matter of opinion. :dozey:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my view I Think that a lot of fans just discovered coldplay from viva la vida and so for them it was special because it's what made them fall in love or something.

I Actually can't bring myself to listen to VLVODAHF Because I think their earlier work is so much better. I'm not saying it's rubbish but it just doesn't have the same warm glow inside of me whilst I Listen to it , for me Parachutes is my favourite album at this moment but it's changed between the 3 several times

And can people please stop saying that Viva la Vida was empty. That's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Just because where someone may be in life doesn't allow them to connect to certain emotions, does not mean that the record lacks emotions.

HE-HEM

You are completely forgetting the fact that several people going through different life stages and different things in their life have all said that it was empty

Therefore making the first part of your sentence quite contradictory and silly, "it's not true anyway STOP SAYING THAT I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE SAYING THAT"

point trodden on

(the rest of your post was too weird and out there for me to bother disproving it)

AWESOME![/color][/u][/i][/b][/size] Too bad if you don't think so.

But wait; then why are you calling yourself ViVA Child, Gena? I am thoroughly confused...

No its not "too bad"

They were cool at first but

then they started wearing them everywhere and it was just so damn phoney.

Chris even said they made them to dress "How they think rockstars should dress"

I read that and I srsly Head-desk'd

I have loved coldplay for BEING THEMSELVES, not conforming to the rockstar image,

you know

Dressing average

not being dicks to their fan base

or a hot boozing coke snortting unreliable mess

I had sooo much respect for them with that.

And now its like..... they conformed and I had a sad :disappointed:

not to mention its a TOTAL rip off of Sgt Peppers, ...right down to the shape of the patches.

although the one good thing about the outfits is they're more identifiable now

they have a "thing" like Slash has his top hat.

Its still very commercial tho.

Yeah? What is it with people who hate on Viva using all these Viva era names?

I call myself Viva Child because

1 Viva means live ... "live child"

2 It just sounds good :shrug:

and

Least favorite era ≠ hatred

God guys, Chris is married!!! The whole heartbreak and all that stuff isn't coming. For Chris' sake I certainly hope not. If we were to get songs like the old ones, they would disingenuous or contrived. Honestly, if you've heard Wedding Bells prepare yourself for an album that is actually contrived! I'm not saying that as a negative thing, but I feel like people have no idea where the music is coming from.

Chris certainly isn't Jay-Z, but he's a lot more confident than he used to be (as is the band) and this showed on VLV.

It would be one thing if people said they like a style and want it back. Like Parachutes or AROBTTH era stuff. But saying you want songs that have the "emotion" of Coldplay past is just silly. Any emotion that could tap into those past albums would have to be "artistically" made now, because Chris' feet have left the ground! He's HAPPY!!! BE HAPPY FOR HIM.

I havent seen a pic of him smiling in a very.....very long time.

How do you know he's happy.

And anyone who has heard the gripes of people talking about Viva know that the one thing you hate is the "artistic" part of the album. For Coldplay to write songs in the same emotional vain of the past albums they'd have to go artistic - and with Wedding Bells it seems Chris may have.

Not all emotional songs are about love. On Viva la Vida you have more COMPLEX emotion (albeit most of it isn't even that complex folks)...

Cemeteries of London - "I see God come in my garden, but I don't know what he said, for my heart wasn't open"

42 - "Those who are not dead are not dead they're just living in my head" - regardless of what you think of the song, Chris obviously has some invested emotion in it, "Time is so short and I'm sure there must be something more," this is some heavy stuff folks

Lovers in Japan - "They are turning my head out, to see what I'm all about, keeping my head down to see what it feels like now..."

Yes - lots of "dark" stuff about desire

Viva la Vida - HE DOESN'T THINK HE'S GOING TO HEAVEN!!!

Violet Hill - certainly artistic but certainly emotional in it's moments

Strawberry Swing - FOR GOD'S SAKE THIS SONG IS SO EMOTIONAL!!! HE LOVES HIS KIDS!!!! You may not have kids but for God's sake don't you understand his love for them!!! "The sky could be blue, I don't mind, without you it's a waste of time" Whether that's for the kids or his wife, that's pretty emotional.

Death and all his Friends - Reassuring a lover - is this not emotional????

Life in Technicolor II - HE LOVES HIS WIFE!!!

Rainy Day - arguably about Guy's life, but certainly emotional in it's simple way. Perhaps too simple for people to realize how emotional it is.

Prospekt's March - Disillusionment and realization.

Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground - HE LOVES THE BAND!!! AREN'T YOU HAPPY FOR HIM?!?

to all those who don't need to hear this I apologize for my rant, but I'm growing weary of this Viva bashing that talks about emotions. Talk about style, talk about anything but the album not being emotional. That's not a matter of opinion. :dozey:

I see what you failed to do thar^

Coldplay isnt a religious band btw.

Quoting song lyrics and stating your own interpretations as if youve "figured out" the songs".... what exactly are you trying to do with that?

...Moot.

SNAPPLE FACT!

Death and all His Friends is the only really Memorable song on the whole LP

the rest is good not great.

i don't know why ppl call them a religious band, they are all clearly atheists or agnostic:shrug:

and as for viva la vida it was just the way the songs were written, most of them were from another person's point of view and thats what i hate abt it, although i don't like most of X&Y but all the lyrics were very personal and beautiful.

and if coldplay want to dress like rock stars they should dress like this

0ddd672d.jpg

and every1 is allowed to have an opinion so respect other ppls view on things

No its not "too bad"

They were cool at first but

then they started wearing them everywhere and it was just so damn phoney.

Chris even said they made them to dress "How they think rockstars should dress" (Hunoway, that's just Coldplay being awesome)

I read that and I srsly Head-desk'd

I have loved coldplay for BEING THEMSELVES, not conforming to the rockstar image,

you know

Dressing average

not being dicks to their fan base

or a hot boozing coke snortting unreliable mess

I had sooo much respect for them with that.

And now its like..... they conformed and I had a sad :disappointed:

not to mention its a TOTAL rip off of Sgt Peppers, ...right down to the shape of the patches. (Nuh uh! Those costumes are original!)

Death and all His Friends is the only really Memorable song on the whole LP

the rest is good not great. (It is too great!:dozey: duh!)

Viva La Vida is the BEST ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viva La Vida is the BEST ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

(Hunoway, that's just Coldplay being awesome)

(Nuh uh! Those costumes are original!)

(It is too great! duh!)

Viva La Vida is the BEST ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off

stop stating your crap opinion as fact and trying to "correct" my opinion which is that ...yes hun, Viva La Vida was infact... their worst album yet.

I dont remember any other lawsuits occurring over songs on any of their other albums (Im not condoning what Bitchass Satriani did but those few seconds of If I Could Sue DOES sound like the chord prog. in Viva)

Second what is so "awesome" about conforming to an image/stereotype of how you think you should dress and act?

IMPO

Viva La Vida is NOT the best album ever

by Coldplay

or in context of music in general

and before you try to tell me it is why dont you get off coldplaying, get on youtube and educate yourself?

Oh Yeah and there costumes.....

insidelogo.jpg

coldplay.jpg

Originality FAIL!

I'm afraid it isn't , I Love how original Parachutes sounds and how the lyrics are so meaningful and special.

You are completely being biased towards VLV because it's what introduced you to Coldplay

yeah

PLEASE GUYS

take aaalllll the time you need!

(preferably dont be done in june so i can catch one of ya'll outside on fleet road)

seriously tho

its like

green day

coldplay

and muse

all released sup-par albums this time around

Im hoping its just a phase and theyll all come to their senses and there'll be like a great revival of really good music

First off

stop stating your crap opinion as fact and trying to "correct" my opinion which is that ...yes hun, Viva La Vida was infact... their worst album yet.

I dont remember any other lawsuits occurring over songs on any of their other albums (Im not condoning what Bitchass Satriani did but those few seconds of If I Could Sue DOES sound like the chord prog. in Viva)

Second what is so "awesome" about conforming to an image/stereotype of how you think you should dress and act?

IMPO

Viva La Vida is NOT the best album ever

by Coldplay

or in context of music in general

and before you try to tell me it is why dont you get off coldplaying, get on youtube and educate yourself?

Oh Yeah and there costumes.....

insidelogo.jpg

coldplay.jpg

Originality FAIL!

Gee... What cralwed up your butt and died?

I'm afraid it isn't , I Love how original Parachutes sounds and how the lyrics are so meaningful and special.

You are completely being biased towards VLV because it's what introduced you to Coldplay

I have already given up upon reading only a handful of posts. It is best we just point and laugh, instead of bothering wasting the time trying to educate it.

Gee... What cralwed up your butt and died?

Trust me, when you want some real discussion, and people just run around yelling this kind of crap, taking it as holy truth and completely ignoring any other opinion like this one - PLUS the fact that it gets even more and more ridiculous every case and it happens ALL THE TIME...

It will drive you bonkers too.

I wanted to say this for a long time, but I'm sure most of the people that hate VLVODAAOHF is because it got mainstream.

You're all just being hipsters, huh?

If you're a real Coldplay fan, you wouldn't care if they got too famous or not known at all, and make it your opinion to dislike or like and album.

I do like VLVODAAOHF, and I don't give a crap if they got mainstream, they got mainstream leik years ago rly.

EDIT: And with the Grammy costumes, don't you think it was like a .. like, they where aware of that?

I have already given up upon reading only a handful of posts. It is best we just point and laugh, instead of bothering wasting the time trying to educate it.

Trust me, when you want some real discussion, and people just run around yelling this kind of crap, taking it as holy truth and completely ignoring any other opinion like this one - PLUS the fact that it gets even more and more ridiculous every case and it happens ALL THE TIME...

It will drive you bonkers too.

I still think my come back was awesome :smug:

I wanted to say this for a long time, but I'm sure most of the people that hate VLVODAAOHF is because it got mainstream.

You're all just being hipsters, huh?

If you're a real Coldplay fan, you wouldn't care if they got too famous or not known at all, and make it your opinion to dislike or like and album.

I do like VLVODAAOHF, and I don't give a crap if they got mainstream, they got mainstream leik years ago rly.

EDIT: And with the Grammy costumes, don't you think it was like a .. like, they where aware of that?

Like Cobalt said

its not the fact that they went mainstream for me

its the dumb ass "fans" that only like/know viva la vida *ahem*