✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Eno Effect

christopher Martin

No, I love VLVODAAHF as an ALBUM, whoever said it's a load of little stories inside one big story is so right, and I love the way CP are progressing and moving in a new direction with each album. The thing with that is there's always going to be an album you don't like - for you it's VLV, for me it's Parachutes, for some people it might be AROBTTH, X&Y, or maybe the album they dislike is yet to come. It's like Radiohead; all of CP's albums are so different, so you're always gonna prefer some over others. You can't blame that on Brian Eno.

I Agree with You :D

I Wasn't meaning to Sound Capitalist , But they have gained a lot more fans from

VLVODAHF That was All I Was trying to say .

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my part is that Coldplay is gone in a direction busness and famous people.

Musicians who love making music for fans lost a lot.

it's just that, is sad for me, because in tabloids crossip is really bad, and it gives a very bad image of the band. and after no more respectability to the band .

never beford

Brian Eno destroys everything he touch

I miss old good COLDPLAY:(

not know, when you take a well-known producers that sounds like the producer and not as the band.

But I do not say that it is a bad producer Brian Eno . it's just that it will sound like U2 or Madonna or Jay Z .. ?

unknown producers can also sound very new.

before the sound was the sound of Coldplay and now very commercial repetitive lyrics to make hits.

in the last two albums is almost the same thing.

I CAN doubt it's credentials.

I miss the music that actually means something.

I listen to the old stuff, i.e absolutely any of the first 3 albums,

and I hear Chris, I hear his songwriting, I hear the emotion and the meaning inside him.

Brian Eno, and his stupid fuc-k-ing letter, telling Chris he is "banned" from his own studio fo

a few weeks, have actully destroyed the beauty in their music.

I really have faith in Chris, and I know that someday, he might listen back to all of his work, and realise that he has stopped writing stuff he cares about, and has emotion for.

Then, I hope he says "Screw it, we did great before, and we wrote The Scientist, Fix You, Yellow, Amsterdam, Trouble, Shiver, What If, and sooo many more, which actually mean something to people... we need to do that again!!!"

____

Btw, I became a fan through VLV believe it or not, and as an item, a singular album, from start to finish, LiT to Escapist, it is still very beautiful, and a great album after all... just that CP don't make great albums, they make the best ever albums, and this is not it. :(

I lol'd

you know what ? chris can't write a song with just him on the piano with brian eno...because eno must put something weird/irregular at the middle or at the end of the song just for the fuck of it.

coldplay can create something different even without a big head like eno,believe me.

Do you really think that Chris, Will, Guy and Jonny have so little control over their work that Brian Eno would/could walk all over them?

The great producers (Eno, Quincy Jones, Phil Spector, George Martin,...) don't just produce, they help you discover different aspects of your songs and broaden your horizon.

Without Eno there'd be no "Achtung Baby" - that alone makes him a hero for me.

A.

I CAN doubt it's credentials.

I miss the music that actually means something.

I listen to the old stuff, i.e absolutely any of the first 3 albums,

and I hear Chris, I hear his songwriting, I hear the emotion and the meaning inside him.

Brian Eno, and his stupid fuc-k-ing letter, telling Chris he is "banned" from his own studio fo

a few weeks, have actully destroyed the beauty in their music.

I really have faith in Chris, and I know that someday, he might listen back to all of his work, and realise that he has stopped writing stuff he cares about, and has emotion for.

Then, I hope he says "Screw it, we did great before, and we wrote The Scientist, Fix You, Yellow, Amsterdam, Trouble, Shiver, What If, and sooo many more, which actually mean something to people... we need to do that again!!!"

____

Btw, I became a fan through VLV believe it or not, and as an item, a singular album, from start to finish, LiT to Escapist, it is still very beautiful, and a great album after all... just that CP don't make great albums, they make the best ever albums, and this is not it. :(

Well, Well like a scientist Chris in his last albums ?

but lovers in japan and live in technicolor II have a good sound

Brian Eno destroys everything he touch

I miss old good COLDPLAY:(

I believe what you refer to is what the band call "Oldplay". Chris himself said that they did their old style to death, so with VLVODAAHF (not to mention PM) they wanted to do something new and fresh and bold...and they succeeded. What's wrong with being original?

I totally understand your point man, made me think

even though I think this has been their best ever album, i think brian eno is definitely going to try to conquer music and make everyone he works with do that type of atmospheric experimental stuff. Now i like that music, but it doesn't suit coldplay's image at all, who the fuck cares about their cliche'd image of piano ballads etc? They can elaborate on it on their own, and I'm kind of happy that eno isn't as involved as before!

Well I really don't know what opinion to have about Eno, and that's rare for me :laugh3:.

On the one hand I loved Viva la vida but I recognized in the last months that I did not want to hear a piece of it. Maybe I overlistened it or it's not my kind of music anymore. The real timeless classic is still A Rush of blood to the head for me and definitely for a lot of other Coldplayers too.

But hey - do we know how Coldplay would have developed without Eno, maybe it would have been even worse. I don't think that Chris is able to write songs like AROBTTH anymore because his life changed so much. He's a big star, has a lot of money, a lovely family with beautiful children. The new happier and maybe more superficial style of music fits to his life. It really sounds ridiculous but if an artist go through bad times he makes the best albums. That does not mean I want him to go through that and make better music. That's just a principle if an artist puts so much emotion into his music.

Do you really think that Chris, Will, Guy and Jonny have so little control over their work that Brian Eno would/could walk all over them?

The great producers (Eno, Quincy Jones, Phil Spector, George Martin,...) don't just produce, they help you discover different aspects of your songs and broaden your horizon.

Without Eno there'd be no "Achtung Baby" - that alone makes him a hero for me.

A.

Agreed! Some of you are making Eno sound like a dictator

i think brian eno is definitely going to try to conquer music and make everyone he works with do that type of atmospheric experimental stuff.

Yeah, cause viva la vida is totally a slow, ambient, avante-garde album. (this is a joke). Everything Eno touches sounds similar, slow and boring. Just look at Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

also a joke

I'll became fan trough VLVODAAHF but I like the first 2 albums more

I don't think that Eno ruins them he just try to make them better and more original

what is good 'cause they doesn't sound the same always

Coldplay has the most great hits trough there lyrics and they still have them so don't be angry at Eno he does just his job and the thing that he can

I can understand how some fans dont care for viva la vida as uposed to the older sound of coldplay

i like viva

but its not the coldplay i know and love

someone once told me every band has to have a "commercial" album, the good bands snap out of it tho

this was coldplays... so LP 5 will tell if they are going to snap out of it or not

...and yeah most of the tunes on VLV i REALLY LOVE

like (Death and all His Friends

Life in Technicolor

Lovers in Japan

Violet Hill

Cemeteries of London

and Strawberry Swing)

but none of the songs are so good that their important... moving.. irreplaceable like Clocks, Yellow or Fix You

and I felt like Chris wasnt writing the songs on VLV from his heart (what would he know about "sweeping the streets he used to own"?)

LP 5 will make it clear just what direction they are headed in and whether Brian Eno is playing a role in that decision or not.

:shrug:

and I felt like Chris wasnt writing the songs on VLV from his heart (what would he know about "sweeping the streets he used to own"?)

you know as Guy sings for his unique Berrygirl French of France . you know the song sweet Marianne is Will for his wife. Guy loves singing this song for his life too.

It's not just Chris and Coldplay, but is Chris sallowed in the sea because I saw him sleeping in the street really .

you want the picture

H.S love your avatar parachutes his world of Guy revolves through her own eyes a lady this girl

you know as Guy sings for his unique Berrygirl French of France . you know the song sweet Marianne is Will for his wife. Guy loves singing this song for his life too.

It's not just Chris and Coldplay, but is Chris sallowed in the sea because I saw him sleeping in the street really .

you want the picture

i know but chris said he thought of the song viva la vida late at night

im not saying the rest of the band dont contribute

but i just felt that some of the songs werent as good because they werent from a perspective they could relate to ie, being a king/having everything and loosing it all

thats all

and what do you mean? ...you saw chris sleeping on the street? .. i haz confuse :inquisitive: