✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Eno Effect

christopher Martin

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-.- They still play Uprising at least twice a day on some Aussie radio stations. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind :lol: but come on, Variety please!

THATS A FACT I HATE ALL THESE SONGS COZ OF THE OVERPLAY

:rolleyes::D

!

QFT.

Great post, Gena!

:kiss:

Just a note, I don't get how the "new style" argument is used so much about Viva. I could use it for X&Y and Parachutes, hell even Parachutes and Blue Room (Parachute actually lifts High Speed off Blue Room!)

probably because Viva is SOOOO different from the Previous 3.

First, I never said Coldplay was a religious band. But Chris Martin is on the record as saying he's religious. I'm not religious, so when I quote a lyric that says "God", there's really no room for my personal interpretation.

Also, I'd like to think that the spectrum of human emotion is large enough and certainly complex enough that some folks here who think the album is empty would be able to understand that if someone finds the record to have certain emotional resonance that its not empty. hahaha that doesn't even make grammatical sense. regardless, my point is that if someone sees something there then you cannot just call a record empty. i'm not just talking about myself. i don't pretend to know other coldplayers emotions, as some seem to, but clearly with the divisions here i'd have to say some people found stuff they liked.

and any person who discredits someones ability to like VLV because it was there first album is absolutely crazy, because there are handfuls here who have said it was their first and they like the others now. VLV happens to be my favorite and I've been listening to them for a decade.

Also, I'm a bit nonplussed that anyone would call my referencing song lyrics to support a point "weird".

I understand I was a bit intense in my original post, which wasn't necessary, but I don't get the level of agitation on display by many here.

yes you can call it "empty"

because music is subjective

and just because someone thinks something is good when you dont

doesnt it mean it IS good because someone thinks so.

that like someone saying birds are ugly

and another person saying theyre beautiful

just because someone thinks theyre beautiful doesnt make it a fact

it just... is.

and Chris said he thinks theres something but isnt part of any one religion, therefore he is NOT religious.

Spiritual perhaps, but religious? no.

And if you "dont get the level of agitation on display here" then maybe you and a few other people on here should re-read their posts until it sinks in.

the fact that you're needling over whether chris is religious or not in an argument that has nothing to do with it shows the absolute pointlessness of continuing any discussion. you guys aren't being passionate, you're being childish.

i apologize if i was intense in some remarks, but i was never denying someone's ability to dislike the album. i was never saying the album was "great - fact" - cause i thought it so. the album is what we each make of it. i just think you'd be better off asking chris if there was any emotion in what he was writing, than simply stating there wasn't because you didn't connect to it.

yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

but chris' emotion has nothing to do with who beholds it. i know no more than you do about what he was feeling, but the lyrics and sound are a window to this, and they speak for themselves.

and i've reread my posts. besides being genuinely bothered by people saying the album has no emotion, i've not said anything to agitate anyone. i really am confused by your reactions. "moot"..."snapple fact"..."coldplay are not a religious band btw"

you're obviously bothered by something, but i'm feeling a bit wrongly maligned.

Also, I'd like to think that the spectrum of human emotion is large enough and certainly complex enough that some folks here who think the album is empty would be able to understand that if someone finds the record to have certain emotional resonance that its not empty. hahaha that doesn't even make grammatical sense. regardless, my point is that if someone sees something there then you cannot just call a record empty. i'm not just talking about myself. i don't pretend to know other coldplayers emotions, as some seem to, but clearly with the divisions here i'd have to say some people found stuff they liked.

This is very true, but, of course, there is one thing that can alter this and the below quote

Also, I'm a bit nonplussed that anyone would call my referencing song lyrics to support a point "weird".

They are subjective to interpretation! Therefore we cannot really have a right or wrong answer because stuff, like lyrics, can be twisted around to mean anything.

I understand I was a bit intense in my original post, which wasn't necessary, but I don't get the level of agitation on display by many here.

Some of us like having a bit of an agger. I'm too tired and docile to really agger though now.

the fact that you're needling over whether chris is religious or not in an argument that has nothing to do with it shows the absolute pointlessness of continuing any discussion. you guys aren't being passionate, you're being childish.

First, I never said Coldplay was a religious band. But Chris Martin is on the record as saying he's religious. I'm not religious, so when I quote a lyric that says "God", there's really no room for my personal interpretation.

Did you just call yourself childish? :inquisitive:

Did you just call yourself childish? :inquisitive:

hahaha i'm not sure if you meant that to be a slam, but i took it in a good humored way. i had only meant to defend myself from what i perceived to be an erroneous objection. i didn't even mention religion in my original post, only the lyric to cemeteries of london. i had thought by just bringing it up once more that it could be put to rest.

things aren't so easy i suppose. but i'm pretty bored of all this talking. if we were having a better debate i'd keep giving it a go, but i'm just going to wave the white flag here.

fortunately for all eno fans, he's back helping the band. unfortunately for all eno haters, he's back helping the band. simple as that. let us all open our ears for LP5.

hahaha i'm not sure if you meant that to be a slam, but i took it in a good humored way. i had only meant to defend myself from what i perceived to be an erroneous objection. i didn't even mention religion in my original post, only the lyric to cemeteries of london. i had thought by just bringing it up once more that it could be put to rest.

No slam, I was just genuinely confused. :D