✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Eno Effect

christopher Martin

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its one song off the album. everyone needs to calm the eff down. i didn't really like VLV (altho Violet Hill is one of my favs and WAS released early too lol)...but the album ITSELF was pretty good...there are instances where the initial single isn't amazing, but the album is good. DON'T PANIC :)

^

Well said, it's not like the first singles have ever been the best on the album either.

Violet Hill,

Speed of Sound,

In My Place etc..

All good but not the best, this one is better than all those in my opinion.

JUST RELAX GUYS!

i'll agree with you on the second one but the other two :D but yeah, basically comment twins. everyone is FREAKING out...there's so much to go tho! and this really does grow on you the more you listen to it...but i could be biased lol

the band is always praised when something is good, and the producer is always blamed when something is bad...

don't blame it on eno. he didn't write the lyrics, he didn't compose the notes, nor did he have the final decision in saying "okay, good work lets release this song to the public".

sure he may have influenced the song, but in the end etiaw is coldplay's song

the band is always praised when something is good, and the producer is always blamed when something is bad...

don't blame it on eno. he didn't write the lyrics, he didn't compose the notes, nor did he have the final decision in saying "okay, good work lets release this song to the public".

sure he may have influenced the song, but in the end etiaw is coldplay's song

You're wrong. Eno wrote the song with them this time around, not only produced. (Apart from the credits gone to the authors of "I Go to RIo", of course)

Ok.

So, Martin/Buckland/Berryman/Champion(/Eno/Dravs/Simpson/Green), what have you done? Did you try doing your masterpiece with this? Really?

I hope this is a summer joke.. just hope, that's everything about it,l gentlemen

You could've gone electronica (a la Wild Beasts or Postal Service) but not like this...

Of all the paths you should've gone, going Guetta is the worst idea ever...

Please don't try to lose fanbase...

Ok.

So, Martin/Buckland/Berryman/Champion(/Eno/Dravs/Simpson/Green), what have you done? Did you try doing your masterpiece with this? Really?

I hope this is a summer joke.. just hope, that's everything about it,l gentlemen

You could've gone electronica (a la Wild Beasts or Postal Service) but not like this...

Of all the paths you should've gone, going Guetta is the worst idea ever...

Please don't try to lose fanbase...

Dont lose the hope,i think that this is a summer single,made to replay it in the radio a million times.Is easy to listen,repetitive and catchy,ideal to mix in the disco and it has a summer sound.Is for promotion,dont worry

i'll agree with you on the second one but the other two :D but yeah, basically comment twins. everyone is FREAKING out...there's so much to go tho! and this really does grow on you the more you listen to it...but i could be biased lol

Yeh exactly, and yeh isn't it funny how it grows after every listen! If you turn up the bass it sounds AMAZING btw, when the bass drum kicks in, epic.

Yeh exactly, and yeh isn't it funny how it grows after every listen! If you turn up the bass it sounds AMAZING btw, when the bass drum kicks in, epic.

yeah i agree...it's been growing on me all day :D also i don't see why everyone's so negative..this is 1 song out of probably 10 on the new album so surely if people don't like this then it's not the end of the world? :inquisitive:

mmm I don't think it will be so far from this new song, it must follow a common line. so Yep, i think i can say goodbye.. but ok, I'll wait :)

In My Place, Speed Of Sound & Violet Hill comeback singles all sounded like they could have been on the previous albums and at the same time bridged the gap to the new one.

Remember - Everything Is Not Lost :)

You know after the abysmal lyrics and the abysmal cover art I can’t say i didn’t see this train-wreck coming but hell this was even worse than i expected. Brian Eno signed off on this….smh

We still don't know if ETIAW will be on the album...they have not comfirmed it :shrug: maybe it's just a song for the festivals. I'm still looking forwards to LP5.

"new coldplay single" = will be on the NEW album

42 is a perfect example of the overproducing. The first part is amazing and is up there with the likes of Trouble........then it just goes into utter shite and don't get me started on those "ghost" lyrics!

How can you say that? The guitar part is amazing... all the fucking song is awesome!

it's very sad to read so many fans who are not happy with #ETIAW.

In my opinion, they have their right, since the song is way too mainstream and cheesy using a very known sample. Hopefully, they will learn the lesson and won't do it never again.