✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Til Kingdom Come was next, people were shouting at Chris, two MEN shouted "I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!" at him :lol: He thanked the first and the second he said "oh if you got to know me you wouldn't love me, I have nothing but shit lyrics and no personality" :P Something else was shouted at him which he didn't understand and then he made some jokey comment about Coldplay being shit then back peddled and said something along the lines of "no no i didn't mean that, if there's anyone form radio 4 or journalists or FUCKING bloggers here I was joking, I do not thing Coldplay are shit, I think we're middling to average and have sold so many records thanks to our very handsome bass player and the ten year void in the charts when Take That were split up. Now they're back, we can't complete but goddam we'll keep fucking trying" :lol: Everyone was cracking up. He was on top, top, hilarious form.

that part was hilarious!..everybody knows Guy is absolutely perfect..but well I am crazy in love of the 4 of them!

great post!!..thank you very very much!!!

I could not even dream about being there..I'm far far away!!

kisses

Massively delayed train so I've just quickly fired offthe second part, sorry if the spelling is dodgy, can't be arsed going back and checking, am tired man :P

So we made to go back outside again, we begged security to let us wait in the foyer :P But of course they said no, so they moved the queue that had formed whilst we were inside back (so we were at the front again, very important :P) and we had to face the bracing cold again. Chelsea arrived not long afterwards :D So we passed the remaining time chatting to her excitedly about the soundcheck and her crazy last minute adventure to Liverpool. They took for freaking ever to open the doors, we were all cold and as anyone who has ever been to a gig with me would recognise, my front row anxieties had kicked in :P

We were finally let in and we legged it and me, Als and Anna got a spot right in between Chris and Jonny, perfect :P We got chatting to the guys behind us, one of them is on here, Nathan42 and his friend, who were also on the boat trip. :D

The Choir with No Name were bizarre, but in a good way! They were singing their hearts out and you could tell they were absolutely thrilled to be there! I've got a video ofthem singing Poltik which was good. They also did a few Christmas songs which was nice :nice:

After they had finished there were some messages from Crisis and then the roadies started setting up, it seemed to be taking forever and they were well past the stage times they'd posted earlier on the blog, eventually someone came out with a megaphone and said they were having sound problems, it was then we noticed the roadies had stopped working. It was a bit :uhoh: for a while as nothing seemed to be happening, but thankfully the music started up again and the roadies scurried back into action. Phew!

Unfortunately this meant Peter Kay's 10 minute slot was reduced to only a few minutes, but he made a few funny Liverpool jokes and did this hilarious rendition of Good King Wenleslas with us where the top teir was woof, the middle was quack and we were moo :lol:

Finally it was time for Coldplay and they bounded onto the stage and launched into In My Place (lucky for them they opened with this, if they'd opened with LIT, Chris may have been surprised to see the anti X Factor girl jump on stage and scream change the effing setlist at him!! :P)

Chris messed up the end of IMP, he started it again, but then went off on a tangent about how if we were here to see the Panto that usually played in that theatre then we would be sorely disappointed and then just kind of gave up on the end of the song :lol:

Yellow was next, played with the usual gusto, great crowd sing along even at that early stage :D

Chris was busting out the moves during Lost :P Actually Jonny was too, he was proper shaking his thang whilst he playing the keyboard :P Chris came down the steps towards us during that song and me and Anna were holding our arms out, we had a running joke that since he'd touched them both at the soundcheck that he had created monsters and must do it again :P Obviously we didn't actually shout this at him. The security guards looked a bit worried when he came down actually as everyone went a bit mental and think they were worried they were actually gonna have to do some work :lol:

GPASYF was next, full version! :D I've missed the proper version. It was stonking! Chris let us clap the beat the the first verse and was impressed with our efforts. Jonny completely rocked out during the end too! He was really giving it some welly! He's more confident than ever!

CoL was next, excellent as usual followed by TROUBLE!! Ahhhh. Perfection. I can't remember exactly but he messed up somewhere and Will was giggling at him, Will acually spent most of the night giggling at Chris as he messed up quite a lot, he pulled it off though. The "they spun a web for me" singalong was loud and beautiful and Guy had a big smile on his face at the end.

I THINK GoW was next - I can't quite remember as they didn't follow the printed setlist. I remember Chris was sitting at the piano and turned to Jonny and mouthed "glass of Water?" Jonny looked confused and turned to Will who mimed drinking a glass of water :lol: Will was all about the miming yesterday :P

'Til Kingdom Come was next, people were shouting at Chris, two MEN shouted "I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!" at him :lol: He thanked the first and the second he said "oh if you got to know me you wouldn't love me, I have nothing but shit lyrics and no personality" :P Something else was shouted at him which he didn't understand and then he made some jokey comment about Coldplay being shit then back peddled and said something along the lines of "no no i didn't mean that, if there's anyone form radio 4 or journalists or FUCKING bloggers here I was joking, I do not thing Coldplay are shit, I think we're middling to average and have sold so many records thanks to our very handsome bass player and the ten year void in the charts when Take That were split up. Now they're back, we can't complete but goddam we'll keep fucking trying" :lol: Everyone was cracking up. He was on top, top, hilarious form.

TKC was beautiful, played acousticly with Will on piano and Guy on harmonica, Chris dedicated it to his dad :nice:

SHIVER follwed, Guy and Will left the stage and it was just Chris and Jonny as Guy left the stage Chris said loudly "oh you're going for a fag? Okay" :P Shiver with the two of them was beautiful. I was filming it but my memory card filled up halfway through :angry: Which is a pity cos I missed the best C&J moment ever, so good that me and Anna SQUEALED soooooooooooooooooooooooo loudly, they must have heard us and then collapsed in giggles as we were so embarrassed. I can't even explain it properly but Chris singing "from the moment I wake to the moment I sleep I'll be there by your side just you try and stop me" and gave Jonny SUCH a look. Haha. :shame: I think Denise filmed the whole thing so you'll know the moment when you see it cos you'll hear us screach!! :lol:

DAAHF followed, which I don't think he messed up, which is unusual as he always seems to mess that one up :P Then Clocks which was stonking as always and Viva which had an absolutely fantastic sing along that lasted way after the song finished :D I was so out of breath afterwards. Hard work :P

Fix you was next which Chris completely and utterly messed up and had to restart. During the middle section Jonny fest he picked up a mic stand and smashed it to smitherines...as you do :P And hilariously as he was finishing the song at his piano his microphone fell to the floor at Guy's feet. Chris and Guy peeled into laughter and Chris just held the last note until Guy placed it back on the stand :lol:

They went off, but Chris said they'd be back, the woah-oa-oahs started back up and everyone was clapping and stamping their feet :D

They launched into Politik which was absolutely blazing. Followed by The Scientist, which Chris managed to mess up so badly he put his head in his hands and was like "oh fucking hell, we're really trying!" he was giggling though. :lol: Also he spent the last two minutes of the song staring behind him at Jonny. Eyes on the job Chris! :lol:

He started playing Back for Good then stopped and said "what am I doing, I can't play this, if only we had a genie who would make the best song writer in Britain just appear from the wings" this was when Gary Barlow SHOULD have walked out but there was a slight delay :P Gary was on piano and singing and Chris sang beautiful backing vocals, we all sang along :D Bizzarly Peter Kay came back out and started throwing bags of crisps, sweets and BANANAS into the crowd :lol: Then he was playing Jonny's keyboard and singing along.

Finally it was Christmas Lights which was flawlessly performed complete with Elivises, Phil, Chris' dad and a third I couldn't place.

Perfect.

Also somewhere, I can't remember where, he started to play a new song and then stopped, all the guys were laughing at him as he must have got it so wrong, he said something like "the new music is atrocious and I can't even fucking play it!" :lol:

Oh and I've just remember Chris had all the teirs cheering, he gave the top teir 5, the middle 6 and us 7, then calculated the result (took him longer than maybe it should :P) he finally got the answer as 18 and was like "18? That means they were shit and wouldn't make it to the next round of X Factor :P So he made us do it again. He also called himself a Matt Cardle lookalike :P

It was honeslty by far the best I have ever, ever seen the boys play. They were on fire, even with all the mess ups it was absolutely stonking!!!

Videos and photos later today :)

NICE review

thank you :p

"Also somewhere, I can't remember where, he started to play a new song and then stopped, all the guys were laughing at him as he must have got it so wrong, he said something like "the new music is atrocious and I can't even fucking play it!" :lol: "

He actually started playing a new song? :o On the piano?:o

Coldplay – review (Guardian)

Royal Court, Liverpool[/size][/b]

"If anyone's here for the pantomime I'm afraid you're gonna have a shit evening," quips Chris Martin, kicking off the first of two gigs for homeless charity Crisis, in "intimate" venues. "Intimate", of course, is a relative concept, but a 1,000-capacity theatre is a small gig for a group who've shifted 50m albums and treat the venue like an arena. The drum sound alone seems to come via the Mersey tunnel.

Coldplay's last album, Vive le Vida, suggests they may now be the world's biggest-selling band, and while U2 and the Stones may still be ahead in tour receipts, Martin's troops are a formidable live act. The £50 tickets (unfortunately touted for 15 times as much) get you a set of greatest hits and songs they haven't played in years, and an evening somewhere between Echo & the Bunnymen, Elton John and Anfield. In My Place raises hands in the air within 30 seconds; the crowd bellow Yellow so loudly Martin can barely get a word in.

Wearing unfeasibly tight trousers and a carnation, the thirtysomething singer is part consummate frontman, part someone stumbling on stage at a wedding party. On record, he can be overearnest; live, he is a hoot, smashing mic stands, accidentally headbutting the microphone, claiming to be listening to Radio 4 through his headphones, and insisting the band are too embarrassed to play anything from their forthcoming fifth album because it is "atrocious". However, they can unleash considerable emotion, not least when the crowd form a hushed choir as Fix You unshowily but poignantly captures the point of the evening.

Martin may wish to come over like a hapless Mr Bean, but he clearly has powers beyond even the average rock god. "If only the pantomime genie could magic up the greatest songwriter in Britain," he sighs, and lo and behold on walks Take That's Gary Barlow for a version of Back for Good, which generates such hysteria you fear for the building. The surreal cast is then joined by Peter Kay, hurling sweets, and no fewer than three Elvises, playing violins.

But perhaps the most significant moment came earlier, when the Choir With No Name – singers of varying ability drawn from "the fringes of society" – brought cheers to the rafters with their heroic, moving renditions of Christmas classics. Meanwhile, the £250,000 raised by these gigs has already established a Crisis centre in Liverpool: while governments do nothing, or worse, it seems that extraordinary events such as this can make a real difference to struggling people's lives.

More information at http://www.crisis.org.uk

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/dec/20/coldplay-review[/i]

NICE too :D

"Coldplay's last album, Vive le Vida, suggests they may now be the world's biggest-selling band" :D

A fantastic day still cant quite believe it the whole soundcheck thing was amazing and it was great to finally put faces to names still abit speecless at the mo but def worth freezing to death.

Hey who were you? Sorry, I've forgotten names already :shame: Blame Chris and his dreamy ways for warping my brain :P

What i found on youtube so far

The intro

from min 2 gets funny :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHsohPgLOY]YouTube - Peter Kaye intro Coldplay Liverpool Royal Court 19th December 2010 Crisis at Chrisrtmas Hidden Gig[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S2HXPMGOuY]YouTube - Coldplay Crisis Concert Liverpool - Viva La Vida[/ame]

VLV

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sar3vg5JZ8E]YouTube - Coldplay Crisis Gig - Shiver - Liverpool Royal Court - 19/12/10[/ame]

SHIVER FULL( messed up lyrics :lol: )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Y7FZPLVT0]YouTube - Coldplay Crisis Liverpool - Cemeteries of London[/ame]

A part of CO London

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl5Kwbxlo-8]YouTube - Coldplay Crisis Liverpool - Christmas Lights[/ame]

CLights

Hey who were you? Sorry, I've forgotten names already :shame: Blame Chris and his dreamy ways for warping my brain :P

i was there with my sister we queued with u and anna and ended up next to u inside cant think straight yet myself just got home after a long cold drive

This is a ridiculously fangirly and stupid observation, but I have a lot of free time on my hands right now and I find it mildly amusing that Chris was wearing a women's hat last night :P

http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en/women/accessories/women-s-elevation-pom-pom-beanie.html#item=women's_elevation_pom_pom_beanie_1

I suspected as my friend has the same one, so I looked it up :P. I'm a sadsack.

Does anyone know if "afeather" made it to UK? I was feeling really bummed out for her and I couldn't even figure out if she was trying to go to both shows or just Newcastle....any word???

@ Kelly: I remember reading a post from her, I think - she gave up on Liverpool and would try to get to Newcastle. - But I do not know whether it was actually possible for her to find a plane that could get her into UK. I hope that she managed, but I am not sure.

Internet in my hotel is through the tv plus the keybard is not working that well, so I will refrain fom posting any review for now, even tough I must say Mich did a fantastic job, I missed a lot of the things you notice, I never remember many things from the gigs.

I feel so lucky for managing to get to Liverpool and being one of thelucky few fans who got in for the soundcheck even though I nearly risked to miss it. It wa great to meet all the coldplayers, we owned he front row :D