🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a few people give their thoughts on the song but no one has actually mentioned whether it's a good 'Christmas' song?

For a Christmas song I thought it was bloody good to be honest. It did have a festive sound and melody, but in my opinion it stood on it's own as one of the better songs they've written. I can see it getting into my top 20 favourite Coldplay songs quite easily. As I said in another thread, I think what makes this song great is Chris' voice - it's dynamic, quiet and loud in all the right places, and from what I can remember, the lyrics were great too. It's definitely a happy Coldplay song, and it's a lot more satisfying than 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas'.

Oh the piiiictures :heart:. I didn't see any paps the whole time I was there, though.

Also, a lot of people have been PMing me about posting the lyrics to Christmas Lights now because I heard it 49685906509657 times over the course of eleven hours with several others. I debated it even despite the somewhat confusing confidentiality agreement I signed, but even if I am allowed to spill those beans (I honestly don't know, because the contract said one thing and then EMI called and said another), because the band and their crew and their management was so kind and gracious to me all night, I'm going to respect their wishes of confidentiality til Wednesday. I'd be a bit annoyed at me if I were everyone else, so I completely understand and am sorry to all those that have asked. And maybe someone else already has posted them, or some of them? I don't have time to go through all the pages of the thread.

I promise I'll post them right at 8PM on Wednesday after re-listening and checking my work. But my favorite line is "may all your troubles soon be gone" :wacky: :P.

Oh the piiiictures :heart:. I didn't see any paps the whole time I was there, though.

Also, a lot of people have been PMing me about posting the lyrics to Christmas Lights now because I heard it 49685906509657 times over the course of eleven hours with several others. I debated it even despite the somewhat confusing confidentiality agreement I signed, but even if I am allowed to spill those beans (I honestly don't know, because the contract said one thing and then EMI called and said another), because the band and their crew and their management was so kind and gracious to me all night, I'm going to respect their wishes of confidentiality til Wednesday. I'd be a bit annoyed at me if I were everyone else, so I completely understand and am sorry to all those that have asked. And maybe someone else already has posted them, or some of them? I don't have time to go through all the pages of the thread.

I promise I'll post them right at 8PM on Wednesday after re-listening and checking my work. But my favorite line is "may all your troubles soon be gone" :wacky: :P.

don't worry! :nice:

I can't speak for everybody else but I prefer to wait til Wednesday to get the whole surprise!

Haha, OK :dance:. I'm one of those fans that eats up every little scrap of info whenever it's available, but I'm glad some people are waiting! :D

Still, sorry to those who have asked me to PM the lyrics to them. Also, I didn't write down anything the whole night, so they'd probably be a bit jumbled or a bit wrong anyway. I'll check what I've written down since by memory on Wednesday!