🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this may have been asked already, but I'm feeling a tad bit lazy and don't want to scroll through 24 pages of this thread. To the best of people's knowledge, is Christmas Lights going to be on the new album, or is it just a seasonal Christmas single? My thought was option 1 as I'm guessing the song is lyrically set around Christmas time but not necessarily about the holiday itself (but I'm not 100% certain). I guess I'll find out for sure on Wednesday, but I wanted to get others' thoughts on the topic because I'm impatient and am currently counting down to the song's release.

I definitely think it's just a one-off thing for the holidays, not something off LP5. However, given all the buzz surrounding it and the video now, both here and in the press, I think it's going to chart extremely high.

And I'd say that the sound of it isn't very new-direction-y at all. To me, it's extremely VIVA-era sounding. It's very, very "them." Not in a bad way, like they're imitating themselves or anything. This is probably because it was written in that era (given the 60 Minutes demo version) rather than after, but then again, I suppose lots of their songs are written while they're still touring and promoting the last album.

I hope this doesn't sound smug or cocky, because I don't mean it that way, but I keep forgetting that the song isn't actually released yet :uhoh:. I keep waiting for it to come up on my Christmas playlist which I've been listening to nonstop today, and it's obviously not there yet. And I was just singing it in the kitchen while washing up, and my housemate, who knows my whole story, threatened to call EMI and have me arrested :lol:.

Ok, this may have been asked already, but I'm feeling a tad bit lazy and don't want to scroll through 24 pages of this thread. To the best of people's knowledge, is Christmas Lights going to be on the new album, or is it just a seasonal Christmas single?

Maybe it'll be on album entitled "A Coldplay Chris-mas"................ :P