✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Word Of Music's non-fangirl opinion of "Christmas Lights"

tauiwi

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "This is a Coldplay forum" is the oldest moot point that Mark just can't let go of. I didn't even decide to point this out, but in it's context it wasn't even relevant. My point is that she (Now u-turned from this) said she hates people who are negative and focus on negativity, so I pointed out that this is exactly what she's doing, what I'm doing is totally irrelevant because I have no problem with people who express negative opinions or when people see something wrong they point it out, because that's what I do, except I'm not hypocritical enough to claim otherwise like she is.

She's posted here a handful of times focussing on her negative opinions of 'picky people' yet hates people who keep focussing on negativity. Right.

So yes, I do expect to see fangirls on a Coldplay site, I never said otherwise and I never said that I don't point out where they are wrong, I can still hate them for being biased and 2-dimensional. Hating 'picky people' because they have negative opinions on something you like just sounds like a big load of bullshit.

Yeah. . . wherever you go there are going to be people that love something, people that hate something, and people that used to love something and now are just neutral. You can't expect someone to always have the same opinions as you.

(not directed to you Reilly)

To me its sounds like bs that you are trying to make me look like the bad person. I don't hate anyone here, I just said I got annoyed. And I still don't understand how its okay for you to hate fangirls but its not okay for someone to be annoyed by people who criticize(music) so much. And you call me narrow minded. I know people will not like things that I may like, but the thing is that I have seen that whenever someone makes their opinion here where they are happy with the song, they are immediately tagged as fangirl, so what this thread is for people who don't like the song and who criticize those who do?. So no, I don't expect people to have the same opinion as me, and you shoudn't expect people to have the same opinion as you either.

I don't see why you are so focused on making me seem hypocritical, I never said I was never negative! My original comment was just that, a comment about how i felt. Besides I can make mistakes, I just don't get hung up on things. Just like you are hung up on winning this discussion. At all costs you are trying to portray me as a dumb biased hypocritical fangirl, when you don't even know me.

Its not a moot point, its a fact. Its a forum for coldplay fans therefore there will be fangirls! No need to come in here to criticize fans for liking a band's music.that doesn't mean you can't come and state your opinions about the music either. But anyways, hating people, for liking something you hate is kind of bs too :D don't you see how you're being a little hypocritcal? And not to mention harsh with me?

And if you respond that you never said you weren't hypocritcal, well then I don't see the point of this discussion at all! Other than trying to make me seem stupid.

Just let it go, this wont get anyone anywhere. Its not even about music anymore. And all you will do is twist my words to try to be the one who is right and ill have to defend myself... neverending story.

^ Exactly.

That's why we have this thread - "World of Music's non-fangirl opinion". We have enough of fangirly opinions on the Coldplay section, now some people like me want to read the critics from unbiased listeners. If we stick to rigid fangirly comments, we won't know the real quality, value and strength of the song. I don't mean all fangirls would have biased critics, but obviously some of them do.

You can come to this thread and give your opinions freely, but if you know you're a resolute fangirl, you have to accept if your opinion is being ignored since the purpose of this thread is to serve for non-fangirl opinions.

Its not stupid because if its a coldplay fan website you kind of expect a website where you can talk to others that like the same music you do. But I can see where you are coming from. I know you would like an unbiased view :D. I didnt mean to sound like you shouldnt look forthose unbiased opinions I just put my opinion on things no need to attack me for it :\

not really referring to you about the attacking part;)

But on a side note, how do people even know who is a fangirl or not? Some people that do like the song were being mocked, and they may or may not have been fan girls/boys. if the opinions of non fan girls/boys is positive that should be accepted too right?:thinking:

Yes, it is a coldplay forum and there will be coldplay fangirls. But, the point of this thread is to hear the opinion of non-fangirls/boys...is that really so hard to understand?

Nope, I hear you loud and clear:cool:

how about we drop the subject and get back to buisness about christmas lights:P

^Now she's suddenly going to forget it?

Wow. You fangirls amaze me.

Well there's no point in the discussion, as I can see you and others will continue to insult and tag people as fan girls, hope you feel good about that. But don't worry cuz I don't really care about that please don't start that up again. Im not the kind of person that holds grudges or anything. Thers more important things to talk about :D thanks I am amazing :P

Surprising how you bitch about us being trolls and now you're magically against arguing when you started it.

Ok, keep being a fangirl.

Wow, how nice of you. And I don't think I started it. I posted my opinion and somebody else decided to criticize who I am before getting to know me. I dont see why people got so upset about it. Im not magically against arguing. I just saw that other discussion was not getting anywhere so I think it should end. I truly have nothing against you if you wanna call me a bitch that shows a lot about your character.

I don't feel good about myself when I argue with someone, I would much rather forgive and forget then to continue with hate. What's so bad about wanting to end something that is just causing hate in this thread? As I can see by what you just said to me.

Wow, how nice of you. And I don't think I started it. I posted my opinion and somebody else decided to criticize who I am before getting to know me. I dont see why people got so upset about it. Im not magically against arguing. I just saw that other discussion was not getting anywhere so I think it should end. I truly have nothing against you if you wanna call me a bitch that shows a lot about your character.

I don't feel good about myself when I argue with someone, I would much rather forgive and forget then to continue with hate. What's so bad about wanting to end something that is just causing hate in this thread? As I can see by what you just said to me.

I am not criticizing that you want to end the fight, I just don't get why you're suddenly against fighting and negative stuff when you, instead of ignoring Reilly, kept arguing.

I am not criticizing that you want to end the fight, I just don't get why you're suddenly against fighting and negative stuff when you, instead of ignoring Reilly, kept arguing.

You are absolutely right, I should have ignored him right off the bat. Im just a very sensitive girl and I felt I needed to defend myself. But then I realised, like you said, that should have not continued with the fight. So that's why I want to end it, I don't want to continue with that argument. I feel bad about myself for not having stopped earlier:\

Well judging by many of the comments, it would seem its purpose was to diss harmless Coldplay fangirls for no reason whatsoever.:dozey:

Read the thread title, it's about a point of view not related to Guy Berryman's hotness or Chris Martin's personality, for example. That's all.

Plus that's why it was made here in the WoM section, most of the coldplay section fangirls never visit this place so it's not to diss them, it's just to get another kind of opinions more than the average OMG OMG IT'S PERFECT.

That still doesn't excuse the general slagging off of fangirls which has been taking place.

Whatever section of the board this may be, there is no reason to constantly bash them, as this IS a board primarily aimed at Coldplay fans, whether you like it or not.:smug: